Author Topic: Chrono Trigger gets another chance at a fan remake.  (Read 5389 times)

Mako

• View Profile
http://www.reddit.com/r/gaming/comments/f3n5h/never_before_leaked_chrono_trigger_crimson_echoes/

Yup these fan's just don't quit! And this project looks even farther along...

Wonder what Square's going to do about this one...Or perhaps this will be the "final straw" so to speak for Square to throw in the towel and cave to the fans. 

Thoughts?

Cloudef

• View Profile
Re: Chrono Trigger gets another chance at a fan remake.
« Reply #1 on: 2011-01-19 17:34:14 »
Well seeing how companies almost never loves their fans, you can only guess what happens.

They use usually stupid reasons like protecting their "IMAGE" or "GOOD", unless they make profit out it, I don't see anything wrong with fan works.
(In my case I wouldn't even mind if people made profit out of their fan games derived from my imaginary projects)

The fan project itself? Sadly does not seem good as Resurrection, haven't checked much yet, but it seems quite bad from reading the comments.
Also this is a rom hack? Probably not getting sued then, since Rom hacks(excluding pokemon hacks, Touhoumon<3) are usually bad enough to not get noticed.
« Last Edit: 2011-01-19 17:49:02 by Cloudef »

obesebear

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2011-01-19 17:37:40 »
My thoughts are we need someone to leak (or at least give an update on) Metroid:SR388.

Anywho, hopefully Square and other devs realize they aren't going to stop this kind of thing and it instead encourages them to make EVEN BETTER games than the amateurs.  For anyone who wants to get into game design what better way to start out than to take a game you already know and begin tweaking it and adding your own creative twists and changes.   I'm sure SE will find someone to take to court though.

Cupcake

• And then it dawned on me, that Satan is also an old fuck.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2011-01-19 19:33:07 »
Wait, so the final version of Chrimson Echoes finally leaked?

FUCK YES, I knew they didn't destroy all copies like they said they were going to.  I know if I worked on it, I sure as hell wouldn't have.  I also probably would've leaked it, but even if I didn't, I sure as hell would've kept a copy for myself.  I, for one, believe that rom hacks are covered under fair use, so I would've stood up to the C&D and released it (provided I owned a legit copy of Chrono Trigger, and it was built upon my own copy that I dumped.

Covarr

• Covarr-Let
  • Administrator
  • Just Covarr. No "n".
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2011-01-19 20:47:56 »
After years in darkness, thought long gone, it has finally risen to the light!

Nightmarish

• owari da
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2011-01-22 16:44:24 »
Crimson Echoes is a remake or somewhat of a sequel?

syntax error

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2011-01-22 20:17:49 »
Crimson Echoes was developed a very long time at the Kajar Laboratories @Chronocompendium.com they gave 2 demos out which were plaqued by bugs in the event and shop editors saving slightly corruped ROMs.

CE is not a remake but a continuation to playing a few years later and linkingthe story
to Radical Dreamers and Chrono Cross e.g.
 Glenn (the Frog) is human,Chrono is in love with Marle, Dinomen are extincting because its snowing,the missing King of Zeal is building up an
evil plot,Belthasar has created Chronopolis in future(including a FF VII like battle square playing an unused boss music),it sports an improved version of the cut singing mountains using the famous OST song,
has a bright future setting,but in the middle ages the militarists from Porre
are seeking for war,while after the fall of Zeal Dalton is still here.
Ayla died but has a daughter from Kino.
You will get a new time machine later in game.
There is also a debug and a developer room hidden.

It is a really long game,that has much more content by enlarging the ROM from 4 to 6MB and asm hacks,plus new items.
New (FF like)features are minigames :-X and many hidden secrets and sidequests to find.
It has even 8 characters and 6 letter names.

The map and event editor "Temporal Flux"by Geiger is much better,now

random_npc

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2011-01-23 09:23:00 »
Good news here, their great work really deserved to be leaked. I remember watching with interest the playthrough videos they had released  (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YSTpkMB9kNk)

Thought honestly, the best parts were the ones in which they were 100% creative, parts that didn't came out of Chrono Cross. In one of these, one character even gets some development (Marle). 
« Last Edit: 2011-01-23 09:55:59 by random_npc »

Nightmarish

• owari da
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2011-01-23 09:28:18 »
Well it would have been nice if it was actually a remake and add to it the extra content.

obesebear

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2011-04-26 04:52:32 »
My thoughts are we need someone to leak (or at least give an update on) Metroid:SR388.
This!  Please someone tell me they have inside info on sr388.  It feels like I search at least once a week in hopes of finding a new shred of information.