Author Topic: [WIP]HQ Models for Unconverted STEAM/SE FF7 Rerelease  (Read 66901 times)

Acetrouble

• View Profile
Re: [WIP]HQ Models for Unconverted STEAM/SE FF7 Rerelease
« Reply #50 on: 2013-07-24 21:15:15 »
I'm with you--if it ain't broke don't fix it. I think those releases will work fine, I think I added some unneeded files to an lgp they didn't belong in and they wont hurt anybody. As for testing, if you actually play through the game and look for any big problems like text boxes missing, crashes (obviously), and problems with the models especially, then that's very very helpful. Having someone post here: "I did not find any problems with this the whole way through my game" or "there was a broken model in the scene with the thing" either report is much better than getting no feedback at all.

To be more specific about v2 v3 flevels. The text on v2 was dumped and encoded with the previous version of the tool for that (ToughScript). The v3flevel was done with the current version and I think they are identical. The older version maybe had text-sizing problems outside of English, but unless you say otherwise v2 seems fine.

Well, I'm still on the 1st disc, in the Shinra building. There was actually some small bug I noticed, though I'm not sure whether this might occur in the original release as well.

Mods I used when this occured:
- HQModelsCloudplay2
- EnglishReworkedflevel (by Kaldarasha, version 1)

You know this room on the 59th floor? There are several elevators. There's one to the north that leads back to the 1st floor. When you want to take it, Barret will say something like "We've come all this way and you want to go back?". After this you're given two choices (take the elevator >> yes/no).

And this is right where the bug comes into play:
The cursor will select "no" by default and you can't move it up to select "yes". However, when you select "no", Cloud, Barret and Tifa will still take the elevator down. Meaning that the choices have been shifted down one line (selecting "no" meaning "yes" here).
So if you don't want to take the elevator you have to press down. And then, guess what, the cursor will be placed outside the dialog box :P

Hope this makes sense. Might be kinda confusing, the way I explained it... ;)

Here's a screenshot of the Shinra building, 59th floor, so you get an idea which location we're talking here. Excuse the quality, took it from a YouTube clip:

« Last Edit: 2013-07-24 21:22:55 by Acetrouble »

Template

• Life is a series of cats.
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: 2013-07-24 21:20:46 »
That's exactly the kind of test I was looking for--definitely concerns the flevel.lgp. That sounds like something v3 may fix. You might want to give it a try. I can test that scene np, but I may not get a chance til later tonight; if you can replicate the bug with v3 then it's just a matter of waiting for the next version of ToughScript. If that bug is solved with v3 then we know a little bit more about what got fixed with the current version of ToughScript (which I just found out about this morning, even though it's been out for like a year...)

Acetrouble

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: 2013-07-24 21:47:32 »
That's exactly the kind of test I was looking for--definitely concerns the flevel.lgp. That sounds like something v3 may fix. You might want to give it a try. I can test that scene np, but I may not get a chance til later tonight; if you can replicate the bug with v3 then it's just a matter of waiting for the next version of ToughScript. If that bug is solved with v3 then we know a little bit more about what got fixed with the current version of ToughScript (which I just found out about this morning, even though it's been out for like a year...)

Just installed the reworked flevel.lgp v3. But, unfortunately, can't try to replicate that specific bug any longer. Didn't keep a save file of that very spot. I went back to the 59th floor, but the dialog box with the two choices won't show up anymore (it was some kind of mini cutscene after all). Now it just lets you enter the elevator instantly.

Acetrouble

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: 2013-07-24 23:08:34 »
Here, same bug as described above, but with version 3 of the reworked flevel.lgp

Event:
Choosing party for mini-boss fight

Edit:
Seems this is a common bug. I just got to the part where your party stands outside the walls of Midgar, ready to leave. When you talk to your party members, several dialog options will appear. And it's the same bug on each of them.
« Last Edit: 2013-07-25 00:38:07 by Acetrouble »

cmh175

• View Profile
    • Chris Hendrickson's Artstation
« Reply #54 on: 2013-07-25 01:12:38 »
Just installed the reworked flevel.lgp v3. But, unfortunately, can't try to replicate that specific bug any longer. Didn't keep a save file of that very spot. I went back to the 59th floor, but the dialog box with the two choices won't show up anymore (it was some kind of mini cutscene after all). Now it just lets you enter the elevator instantly.

I had this problem at the end of disks when it asks if you want to save, or at least on disk 1, I forget. It seems to be corrected for the end of disk 1 now. I have the troubleshooting and testing game save pack so I can check the elevator bug and see if the new flevel fixed it.

Template

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: 2013-07-25 01:45:59 »

Seems this is a common bug. I just got to the part where your party stands outside the walls of Midgar, ready to leave. When you talk to your party members, several dialog options will appear. And it's the same bug on each of them.
Darn. Have to check this out. Either I'm a twit, or this is gonna have to wait 'til new ToughScript is out, possibly both.
« Last Edit: 2013-07-25 02:41:45 by Template »

cmh175

• View Profile
    • Chris Hendrickson's Artstation
« Reply #56 on: 2013-07-25 02:39:59 »
Yeah that maybe a problem. Other than the changing disks screen I haven't had that problem before. I'll look into it more with the new flevel to see how much this comes up.

Template

• View Profile
« Reply #57 on: 2013-07-25 02:44:31 »
Yeah that maybe a problem. Other than the changing disks screen I haven't had that problem before. I'll look into it more with the new flevel to see how much this comes up.
I have a list of the errors from ToughScript log. I'll try fixing them manually if I don't hear anything more from PitBrat about game-breaking problems with the flevel.

Acetrouble

• View Profile
« Reply #58 on: 2013-07-25 20:10:15 »
Concerning the flevel.lgp:
Is it necessary to use the default flevel.lgp from "HQModelsCloudplay2" and merge its contents with Kaldarasha's reworked one (ver. 3), or do I just use the reworked one, "standalone"?
I did the latter. And I was just wondering if that was wrong, and thus maybe causing the bugs I mentioned.

Template

• View Profile
« Reply #59 on: 2013-07-25 20:54:41 »
Concerning the flevel.lgp:
Is it necessary to use the default flevel.lgp from "HQModelsCloudplay2" and merge its contents with Kaldarasha's reworked one (ver. 3), or do I just use the reworked one, "standalone"?
I did the latter. And I was just wondering if that was wrong, and thus maybe causing the bugs I mentioned.
Nope, you did it right. Kaldarasha is fixing the flevel because it's beyond me. You could go back to the original flevel for now, although the only bugs you are likely to find will be exactly like the ones you've run into already. I will update it ASAP. Sorry about the issues.

Kaldarasha

• Prince of Model Editing
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: 2013-07-26 15:51:17 »
I'm not sure if this is really the reason, but it looks like the problem with wrong question marker occurs when the window has a 'NEW' command.
Please post more of those errors if you find them. I'll try to add the transparency fix and the extra motor sound when you in the Highwind. Even if the sound is buggy, it's a great improvement to the scenes.
« Last Edit: 2013-07-27 03:35:51 by Kaldarasha »

Template

• View Profile
« Reply #61 on: 2013-07-26 17:03:16 »
OK I've been wanting to actually play the game, so, I'll do some testing post Midgar. Been wanting to see the Kalm flashback. 

Stele

• View Profile
« Reply #62 on: 2013-07-30 03:12:26 »
So thanks for this.  After just getting the game on the Steam sale, this mod has helped freshen things, while still keeping the achievements and cloud.  8)

I've run across one bug, a couple of times though.

When leaving Midgar the first help screen that popped up was in another language.  German I think.  Then after catching my first chocobo, the same thing happened again, with the chocobo help screen.

Not sure which part of the mod this could have came from or how the German got mixed in.  I guess something in the wm/world_us.lgp ?

Template

• View Profile
« Reply #63 on: 2013-07-30 03:26:02 »
Sorry, I should be taking better care of this thread. The problem is with the flevel.lgp. I released that without testing properly and its the only problem with the package. I am going to take the current download off and update it... As long as you backed up your original flevel just change it back, won't hurt anybody... If you need to rebuild what you can do is just copy the other lgp files you made to a temporary folder and copy them back after a reinstall. Sorry for the trouble and I do hope you continue to enjoy Kaldarasha's updated models along with all of the other goodies made available from bootleg40.  :)

Edit: 2.1 download is fine, If you downloaded the English Reworked flevel I uploaded (which was pretty broken as it turned out) and you need a new one, here's the link to a normal English flevel.
« Last Edit: 2013-07-30 04:26:00 by Template »

Stele

• View Profile
« Reply #64 on: 2013-07-30 04:23:01 »
Oh forgot to mention I didn't install the flevel.lgp, since there seemed to be problems with it mentioned in the thread.

So the other language stuff for me would have to be in the world_us.lgp I think.  :|

Template

• View Profile
« Reply #65 on: 2013-07-30 04:32:46 »
Well. That is interesting. Guess I have some work to do! Thanks very much for reporting the issue I will have a fix shortly.  :lol:

So yah, I guess this explains why the filesize on the mod got so big all of a sudden. I put a bunch of files I shouldn't have in these archives from 2.0 on and only fixed part of it with 2.1.
The flevel thing here is actually not an issue there's only 14 files you need to add and they don't have anything to do with text.
2.2 is the same as 1.4 but with Kaldarasha's new unshaded Vincent and Yuffie added. I've actually done this same mistake twice now with world_us...  :roll:
uploading just now.  :oops:
« Last Edit: 2013-07-30 05:17:42 by Template »

Template

• View Profile
« Reply #66 on: 2013-07-30 05:24:18 »
Download HQModelsCloudplay2.2 HERE ~84MB

No change from 2.1 other than removing incompatible files from world_us.lgp folder

manuchan

• View Profile
« Reply #67 on: 2013-08-08 04:11:58 »
what parts of this were included in bootleg40?

Rundas

• What do you even do?
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: 2013-08-08 06:03:33 »
If you're using Bootleg that means your game is converted. The title says "for unconverted". You don't need this.

manuchan

• View Profile
« Reply #69 on: 2013-08-08 13:12:53 »
i understand,
so these are the same models that were included in bootleg?

Rundas

• What do you even do?
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: 2013-08-08 18:58:59 »
I think this includes Kaldarasha's which are not in Bootleg yet, but they can be installed by themselves. For instructions, go to Kaldarasha's thread.

Template

• View Profile
« Reply #71 on: 2013-08-08 19:30:44 »
Yep, all this is:
Bootlegged NPCs and other graphics and models available through bootleg
Kaldarasha's Unshaded Models.

Edit: OK fixed link to Vanilla English STEAM decoded flevel on front page.
« Last Edit: 2013-08-08 22:15:40 by Template »

Mirrorman95

• View Profile
    • Mirrorman95 - YouTube Channel
« Reply #72 on: 2013-08-08 21:18:30 »
The Google Drive link from "English flevel if you downloaded the broken English Reworked I put up" is broken now. Not that I needed it, but just letting you know it needs to be reuploaded.