Author Topic: [FF7PC-98/Steam] New Threat Mod (v2.0.99994)  (Read 4837648 times)

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
Re: [FF7PC-98/Steam] New Threat Mod (v1.5)
« Reply #8900 on: 2020-01-25 23:32:53 »
Maybe this is a dumb question, but I'm assuming New Threat is not set up to be used with the Jessie mod?

It used to be a conflict, but the Jessie mod had a chunk in it that it didn't need and which clashed with NT. I removed it and it works fine. You're probably past that part of the game by now, but just for future:
http://www.mediafire.com/file/825mu1w33g83ruh/Jessie_IRO_Compatability_Patched.iro/file
Import that via 7th Heaven's Library tab and replace the original Jessie Mod. You'll have some bad text boxes in the elevator, I think that's in the original Jessie mod as well.

I noticed either I was doing something wrong or the Enemy Items (version 1) spreadsheet that comes with the mod files is wrong. Specifically when I tried to morph the big roller boss at the end of the bike chase segment I received nothing, whereas the document lists him as morphing into a Fire Ring. The boss did have a different name than "Rubicante GT" as listed in the spreadsheet so perhaps this is a difference between Normal/Arrange? In that case we should work on compiling information about the Arrange version of these bosses.

I'm going to do full documentation when I make the final 2.0 patch (aiming for end of February or early March).

Ziggomatic

• View Profile
« Reply #8901 on: 2020-01-26 07:48:30 »
Minor bug/inconvenience/oversight I noticed. I'm pretty sure it's because of the New Threat mod, as it's the only one I'm using that alters the in-game dialogue/text in any way.

Floor 62 of the Shinra HQ - learning the mayor's password. One of the "misplaced" books reads "#16 Modern history of the Midgar space program". The original game did not have "the" in the title, thus making the correct letter M (for MAKO as the password). The "the" should either be removed or the "#16" should be replaced with "#19".

I'm enjoying the mod so far, and I look forward to updates and improvements!

Karsh Highwind

• View Profile
« Reply #8902 on: 2020-01-27 05:33:48 »
I noticed either I was doing something wrong or the Enemy Items (version 1) spreadsheet that comes with the mod files is wrong. Specifically when I tried to morph the big roller boss at the end of the bike chase segment I received nothing, whereas the document lists him as morphing into a Fire Ring. The boss did have a different name than "Rubicante GT" as listed in the spreadsheet so perhaps this is a difference between Normal/Arrange? In that case we should work on compiling information about the Arrange version of these bosses.

Yea many of those are outdated by now. A lot of the documentation used is a mix of 1.0-1.5 patches. I'm working through getting a full 1.5 Google doc rolling with the most accurate info I have from my own save, but it's time consuming of course!

I'm updating the character passives and stat growth options so I need to make sure whatever I have on that is accurate.

Weapons/armors/accessories/materia stats/enemy skills for 1.5 are nearly finished...Stay tuned!

For those of you who start a new game and see this post...Please keep track of any goodies you get from bosses/steal/find laying around in 1.5 as that will greatly speed up my ability to compile documentation without needing to do an entire run again (Not that I would mind heh)
« Last Edit: 2020-01-27 06:16:04 by Karsh Highwind »

Karsh Highwind

• View Profile
« Reply #8903 on: 2020-01-28 05:14:02 »
Hello everyone!

I know I've mentioned this a couple times in the past, but the time has finally come...

To be clear, this document is still a work in progress and is not nearly as complete as I'd like it to be. This only covers Final Fantasy VII - New Threat 1.5!

I've worked with Sega Chief on validating the data and will continue to validate as I work on this. Please take the time to review the document, see if you like the formatting, and if you spot out any errors or have suggestions, shoot me a message either on Qhimm (personal message works best to keep the forums on topic) or on Discord (my info is in the doc). Alternatively, you can use the comment feature on Google Docs to point out an error/suggestion to me as well.

If you see any text in red, this indicates that I need to confirm the data is accurate, or I have found something that needs to be changed and will get the info over to Sega Chief in bundles to prevent a ton of mini changes being made. Much more productive to make large scale changes!

The tabs that are complete, but can always use more sets of eyes to validate are as follows:

• 1.5 Changes & Features
  • 1.5 Passives/Base Stats/Source Point Options
  • 1.5 Limit Breaks
  • 1.5 Weapons
  • 1.5 Armors
  • 1.5 Accessories

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1X1sQP1Q6MVrxt1E7ytniaG_OEhN8XqlAH2Srv3iHjLc/edit?usp=sharing

There is still a lot of work to do here to get everything ready. Need to add locations for items/materia/enemy skills/etc...Expect more to come in the following weeks.

Thanks!

« Last Edit: 2020-01-28 15:50:36 by Karsh Highwind »

Cyborgic

• View Profile
« Reply #8904 on: 2020-01-31 13:28:26 »
Hi Sega Chief, a QoL suggestion for the next patch. There are no save points in the ancient forest and the boss is at the end of all the puzzles. If you lose, you currently have to redo all of them before getting a new shot at the boss. A save point close to the boss, or a retry function, would help people stay motivated.

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #8905 on: 2020-01-31 20:23:27 »
Sure thing.

Fauve

• View Profile
« Reply #8906 on: 2020-02-01 09:52:39 »
Hello everyone!

I know I've mentioned this a couple times in the past, but the time has finally come...

To be clear, this document is still a work in progress and is not nearly as complete as I'd like it to be. This only covers Final Fantasy VII - New Threat 1.5!

I've worked with Sega Chief on validating the data and will continue to validate as I work on this. Please take the time to review the document, see if you like the formatting, and if you spot out any errors or have suggestions, shoot me a message either on Qhimm (personal message works best to keep the forums on topic) or on Discord (my info is in the doc). Alternatively, you can use the comment feature on Google Docs to point out an error/suggestion to me as well.

If you see any text in red, this indicates that I need to confirm the data is accurate, or I have found something that needs to be changed and will get the info over to Sega Chief in bundles to prevent a ton of mini changes being made. Much more productive to make large scale changes!

The tabs that are complete, but can always use more sets of eyes to validate are as follows:

• 1.5 Changes & Features
  • 1.5 Limit Breaks
  • 1.5 Weapons
  • 1.5 Armors
  • 1.5 Accessories

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1X1sQP1Q6MVrxt1E7ytniaG_OEhN8XqlAH2Srv3iHjLc/edit?usp=sharing

There is still a lot of work to do here to get everything ready. Need to add locations for items/materia/enemy skills/etc...Expect more to come in the following weeks.

Thanks!
Awesome work. One thing about Cloud’s innate. I remember reading that he gets +50 STR/MAG when a Limit is used, and then that boost slowly deteriorates over time. Is that not the case anymore?

Cyborgic

• View Profile
« Reply #8907 on: 2020-02-01 10:29:02 »
Sure thing.
Thanks =) I'm also positive that you've been asked many times to add a Warp to Highwind feature to save points. Is it possible and if not, why?

Anyway I just finished my second playthrough of this mod - last time was in 2018. The things I noticed and mentioned here back then are long gone now. No major glitches this time around spare my bringing a sneak attack + barrier into the final fight made the game softlock, neither me or Sephiroth were allowed to get a turn.

Was surprised to see that you removed quite a few bosses (
Spoiler: show
Dark Cave Proud Clod, Dark Cave Bottomswell, King Bub, Master Materia, Jenova & Sephiroth,  probably more that I can't remember right now
) but I'm sure that you had good reasons.

kekko1285

• View Profile
« Reply #8908 on: 2020-02-01 12:34:48 »
Hello everyone!

• 1.5 Changes & Features
  • 1.5 Limit Breaks
  • 1.5 Weapons
  • 1.5 Armors
  • 1.5 Accessories

Thanks!

This is a great job. Thanks a ton. Can I suggest that, instead of using a spreadsheet, it would be better to just use a github gist and use markdown for the file? It would make read, access and update the file so much better/easier. I can help with that, just drop me a DM.

Thanks again for the hard work.

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #8909 on: 2020-02-01 18:21:08 »
Awesome work. One thing about Cloud’s innate. I remember reading that he gets +50 STR/MAG when a Limit is used, and then that boost slowly deteriorates over time. Is that not the case anymore?

Should still be that way for the time being. Might be lower than 50 though, probably 30.

Thanks =) I'm also positive that you've been asked many times to add a Warp to Highwind feature to save points. Is it possible and if not, why?

Anyway I just finished my second playthrough of this mod - last time was in 2018. The things I noticed and mentioned here back then are long gone now. No major glitches this time around spare my bringing a sneak attack + barrier into the final fight made the game softlock, neither me or Sephiroth were allowed to get a turn.

Was surprised to see that you removed quite a few bosses (
Spoiler: show
Dark Cave Proud Clod, Dark Cave Bottomswell, King Bub, Master Materia, Jenova & Sephiroth,  probably more that I can't remember right now
) but I'm sure that you had good reasons.

A warp doesn't really seem necessary in most cases; you're usually only 2-3 screens away from the world map. A few areas are 'deep' enough to warrant it. North Crater is a good case, and it has one currently.

When dealing with a sidequest you're probably going to benefit from a warp. These areas are fairly deep: Mt Nibel (depending on which entrance was used), Cave of the Gi, Great Glacier, Gold Saucer, maybe some others. I'll think about adding it where it might be beneficial.

I want to make the Final Battle vanilla again, but I think I've knocked something out of whack (maybe the formation AI?) I'll have it sorted out in the 2.0 release.

Lot of NT enemies/bosses were removed over the years; they still sit in the files but are unused. By my count there were 141 models added altogether, about 3/4s of which are still used. There will be cuts from 2.0 again, but also some new additions. But overall there will be less again.

This is a great job. Thanks a ton. Can I suggest that, instead of using a spreadsheet, it would be better to just use a github gist and use markdown for the file? It would make read, access and update the file so much better/easier. I can help with that, just drop me a DM.

Thanks again for the hard work.

How would that work? Is it the spreadsheet that goes into the gist or the mod files themselves?

Anyways, posting the spreadsheet that Karsh made onto the front page.

Cyborgic

• View Profile
« Reply #8910 on: 2020-02-02 09:03:34 »
A warp doesn't really seem necessary in most cases; you're usually only 2-3 screens away from the world map. A few areas are 'deep' enough to warrant it. North Crater is a good case, and it has one currently.

When dealing with a sidequest you're probably going to benefit from a warp. These areas are fairly deep: Mt Nibel (depending on which entrance was used), Cave of the Gi, Great Glacier, Gold Saucer, maybe some others. I'll think about adding it where it might be beneficial.

I want to make the Final Battle vanilla again, but I think I've knocked something out of whack (maybe the formation AI?) I'll have it sorted out in the 2.0 release.

Lot of NT enemies/bosses were removed over the years; they still sit in the files but are unused. By my count there were 141 models added altogether, about 3/4s of which are still used. There will be cuts from 2.0 again, but also some new additions. But overall there will be less again.
Great glacier definitely is one such spot. I considered going there to see if you'd made Gaea's cliff revisitable, but realized how much walking I'd have to do and skipped it. Although now that I think more about a warp like this, you could possibly lose your colored chocobo by using it.

Fwiw I had the Hero's medal going into the final bosses. I can't remember whether having it would change the final battle into vanilla or add the other boss.

So long as you don't remove Lich GT, I'll be happy. One of the most fun final fantasy bosses I've played, period.

Zantetzulken

• View Profile
« Reply #8911 on: 2020-02-02 16:23:34 »
Hello i have a problem after saving Aerith after Jenova decay i think it was  when after revive her clouds gets out of the room and screen whent black and music hangs and nothing happens more then i have to force my self to logg out of windows 10 i have a the leggit win 98 and also i have lastes stand alone new threat never ha any problems before but since i have trubble donwload form 7th heaven mod maneger for a cupel of days i decided to do it with out any grapichal mods  how ever barrets whole barres face is white  and get out of sync musik in videos ect dont know whats happending never had this problems before but thats when i used 7th heaven mod maneger tho :Pbtw have done everything  in install tutorial cen removed  ff 7 in registery provided with bat-file in this site

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #8912 on: 2020-02-03 08:37:36 »
Hello i have a problem after saving Aerith after Jenova decay i think it was  when after revive her clouds gets out of the room and screen whent black and music hangs and nothing happens more then i have to force my self to logg out of windows 10 i have a the leggit win 98 and also i have lastes stand alone new threat never ha any problems before but since i have trubble donwload form 7th heaven mod maneger for a cupel of days i decided to do it with out any grapichal mods  how ever barrets whole barres face is white  and get out of sync musik in videos ect dont know whats happending never had this problems before but thats when i used 7th heaven mod maneger tho :Pbtw have done everything  in install tutorial cen removed  ff 7 in registery provided with bat-file in this site

It sounds like something is broken with the way the game itself has been set up if you're getting audio desynch during FMVs and failed texture loads. If using the 1998 version from a clean install off the discs (it should always be a max install when prompted during set-up), then you need to manually install Aali's OpenGL graphics driver to make it properly functional. The Game Converter step of the 7h installation tutorial also installs this driver; if you're able to install 7h successfully then you can run the game from ff7.exe directly without the 7h launcher for a '1998' game.

Zantetzulken

• View Profile
« Reply #8913 on: 2020-02-03 10:09:01 »
iv tyred that to but now iam going back to  7th heaven istead see if thats helps  thx for heads up anyways :) great mod btw Sega one of the best ones imo hope we will see more ones like this ;)

Zantetzulken

• View Profile
« Reply #8914 on: 2020-02-03 12:33:36 »
anyways IRO seams done the trick :)

rafaelzo

• View Profile
« Reply #8915 on: 2020-02-08 01:00:58 »
Hey guys. Im havinf some issues here.
Maybe this was already been asked but I can not find about my doubt in Any pages that Ive read so far.
How can I install NT with the New R06 custom mod tool? I already downloaded the nt iro and unpacked it, added it to the Folder" Custom" and changed the settings at The Reunion config file, but the mod doesnt seem to load. I dont know what files I should add there, I know in fact that everymod with the custom folder will be the first priority.
Please gib help

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #8916 on: 2020-02-08 18:10:10 »
I put one together:

https://mega.nz/#!Ht9QjKSL!34F_tmDJmhP9Non-e7YVN4MHy-bGQbRgvse4LPz850U

Put that into the CUSTOM folder, and update your Options.cfg:
[CUSTOM]
Mod_ID = New_Threat_Final

rafaelzo

• View Profile
« Reply #8917 on: 2020-02-09 00:11:34 »
I put one together:

https://mega.nz/#!Ht9QjKSL!34F_tmDJmhP9Non-e7YVN4MHy-bGQbRgvse4LPz850U

Put that into the CUSTOM folder, and update your Options.cfg:
[CUSTOM]
Mod_ID = New_Threat_Final
Thanks!! That worked like a charm. Now I have another issue, is ir possible to play with the New Translation from R06 and NT? I tried to merge both flevel.lgp but zero results. If I try to use Translation flevel.lgp theres no nt and vice versa

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #8918 on: 2020-02-09 01:03:58 »
There isn't; Text and Game Script are stored within the same section of the flevel as well which means there's no simple way of doing it currently.

Ashiel

• View Profile
Modding the Mod?
« Reply #8919 on: 2020-02-09 05:49:06 »
I wanted to make some mods to FF7, mostly out of experimentation or tweaking things for my own purposes, but think that New Threat already has so much I like that I'd really like to toy with modding a new threat rather than starting from scratch. I mostly wanted to make adjustments to some things like weapons/armor, starting equipment, shops, etc. (wallmarket and whitechocobo type stuff), and figured I could probably find the kernals inside the .iro files, but when I unpacked them to edit them, I noticed there were no such files (only the scene.bins and a lot of hex-based text files).

Any advice on how to make simple mods to work with this amazing overhaul mod?  :D

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #8920 on: 2020-02-09 14:17:11 »
I wanted to make some mods to FF7, mostly out of experimentation or tweaking things for my own purposes, but think that New Threat already has so much I like that I'd really like to toy with modding a new threat rather than starting from scratch. I mostly wanted to make adjustments to some things like weapons/armor, starting equipment, shops, etc. (wallmarket and whitechocobo type stuff), and figured I could probably find the kernals inside the .iro files, but when I unpacked them to edit them, I noticed there were no such files (only the scene.bins and a lot of hex-based text files).

Any advice on how to make simple mods to work with this amazing overhaul mod?  :D

Feel free to use NT as a base to make your own mod. When unpacking the IRO, there should be a Kernel file in there; the only thing that can't be used is the flevel as this is chunked. I have actually made a tool that can recompile the flevel, but it requires all 9 chunks presently which NT doesn't use (because it only affects certain chunks in the flevel).

Your best bet for a full set of files is to instead make a copy of your Data folder in the FF7 folder and then install NT through its Main Installer. That'll get you all the files you need: scene.bin (enemy data), kernel.bin (character data), kernel2.bin (text strings for character data), flevel.lgp (field script), battle.lgp (battle models), char.lgp (field models).

The .EXEs will also be patched, meaning they'll have NT changes when you modify them in Libre (Limit Break editor) and White Chocobo (shops). NT has no shop edits made, so these are still default values.

Kade

• View Profile
« Reply #8921 on: 2020-02-09 17:38:35 »
Just have to say this mod is amazing. I've only just gotten to Junon, but so far I'm definitely loving it. The clean up of the dialog/translation has been great and the level of difficulty has been extremely fun so far. Not so hard that I'm pulling my hair out (I'll leave that for the 2nd playthrough on Arrange :P) but hard enough to keep me on my toes and keep battles interesting. Fantastic work! :)

Ashiel

• View Profile
« Reply #8922 on: 2020-02-10 00:07:33 »
Feel free to use NT as a base to make your own mod. When unpacking the IRO, there should be a Kernel file in there; the only thing that can't be used is the flevel as this is chunked. I have actually made a tool that can recompile the flevel, but it requires all 9 chunks presently which NT doesn't use (because it only affects certain chunks in the flevel).

Your best bet for a full set of files is to instead make a copy of your Data folder in the FF7 folder and then install NT through its Main Installer. That'll get you all the files you need: scene.bin (enemy data), kernel.bin (character data), kernel2.bin (text strings for character data), flevel.lgp (field script), battle.lgp (battle models), char.lgp (field models).

The .EXEs will also be patched, meaning they'll have NT changes when you modify them in Libre (Limit Break editor) and White Chocobo (shops). NT has no shop edits made, so these are still default values.
Thank you so much! In hindsight, I feel silly not thinking to install it directly to FF7 before trying to mod it.  :P

I have to concur with Kade as well. I've very much been enjoying this so far. Thank you again for this amazing mod and the incredible work you have put into it.   ;D

brian03

• View Profile
« Reply #8923 on: 2020-02-10 15:59:46 »
Hello!

I applied the new threat patch to the steam version of FF7.  Everything appears to work, but I'm unable to create a save file.  I receive the "not enough space left on the save data file" error.  Additionally, my R1, R2, L1, L2 buttons don't seem to map correctly, but that's obviously a smaller issue.

I receive the error regardless of cloud saves being enabled/disabled and I'm running the launcher and exe file in administrator mode.  Any pointers?  I really want to play this mod.  Thanks!!

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #8924 on: 2020-02-10 20:36:32 »
Hello!

I applied the new threat patch to the steam version of FF7.  Everything appears to work, but I'm unable to create a save file.  I receive the "not enough space left on the save data file" error.  Additionally, my R1, R2, L1, L2 buttons don't seem to map correctly, but that's obviously a smaller issue.

I receive the error regardless of cloud saves being enabled/disabled and I'm running the launcher and exe file in administrator mode.  Any pointers?  I really want to play this mod.  Thanks!!

I've never heard of that happening before. If you have the Steam version, then running as admin shouldn't be necessary (might be worth trying the game with that off). What's your OS and storage look like? Do you have something like multiple terabytes? Older games can sometimes overflow when checking memory for space as the values get too high (especially if it measures it in bytes).