Author Topic: Post a pic... you have taken  (Read 51384 times)

Jari

Re: Post a pic... you have taken
« Reply #100 on: 2009-10-01 23:18:50 »
No crit on this one plz.

In that case you'll just have settle for my thanks for posting it. :-P

Harruzame

• Mondai Nai....
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: 2009-10-02 03:17:17 »
This is a black and white photo I took of my wife(then girlfriend). It was for a photography class and have since painted it in monochromatic burnt umber(glazing method). No crit on this one plz.

From what I can tell...You pictured her with Admiration...

meaning you're head-over-heels with till death do us part combination with her....

Jari

« Reply #102 on: 2009-10-02 10:33:58 »
Now for a something bit different. A panoramic photo. There are - at least - two ways to approach the subject; make a really wide (or tall, or both) regular picture, from the shots stitched together.

Or, use some kind of a viewer to give the umm... viewer :-P an illusion of being there. While Quicktime was probably the first and might still be the best panoramic viewer, Flash is easily the most convenient, since just about everyone has it.

Click here. I'd embed it, but Flash embedding is turned off.

You might want to resize your browser window down to something like 800x600, so it will appear reasonably sharp. If you haven't used a panoramic viewer before, you can change the direction you are looking at by holding down a mouse button and dragging the mouse. In theory you can zoom as well, but to keep the filesize in somewhat reasonable limits, I didn't include any more detail than what you can see at first.

You'll probably recognize the place. If you don't, check the opening post. You can congratulate me for picking the perfect spot between the trashcan and the restroom. :-D Seriously though, I just wasn't in a mood to haul a 9 pound tripod anywhere. :-)

The Seer of Shadows

• I used to be indecisive. But now, I'm not sure...
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: 2009-10-02 11:32:55 »
That's actually pretty cool 8-)

Harruzame

• Mondai Nai....
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: 2009-10-03 10:40:28 »
That's WHOA! Amazing!!!....Panoramic view in 360 degree..WTF?!!... :-o

It's like I'm there but not.... KYaaAAaaaAHHHHHH!!!! *girlish scream!*

Grimmy

• Join in my tarnished light.
    • View Profile
    • GrimmyGames
« Reply #105 on: 2009-10-05 01:16:51 »
Here is a pic I took at a bronze foundry in Santa Fe.

« Last Edit: 2017-07-15 03:17:01 by Grimmy »

Jari

« Reply #106 on: 2009-10-05 01:38:27 »
Nice! I like. :-)

Wait, wut?

Are there like several raptor skeletons standing around there, or just that one? :-P

drfeelgud88

• da DOC iz here!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube
« Reply #107 on: 2009-10-05 02:06:00 »
Say, that is a good picture. Nature at its best of times iduring the day.  :-D

Grimmy

• Join in my tarnished light.
    • View Profile
    • GrimmyGames
« Reply #108 on: 2009-10-05 02:28:56 »
Ammo : As I recall there were several bronze raptors in that area, but only one is clearly visible in the pic.

Jari

« Reply #109 on: 2009-10-05 17:19:27 »
Ammo : As I recall there were several bronze raptors in that area, but only one is clearly visible in the pic.

Somehow I can imagine a person walking there, after dark, without a prior knowledge of the said raptors, and having the bejeesus scared out of him after walking into one of those things. :-D

Anyway, I suppose I should poast something.

Musca domestica, or common housefly. Sadly I do not have a dedicated macro lens and extension tubes can do only so much...

In any case, since Hermie said something about dead insects after snooping around my host, I'd like to point out that it's not dead, it was very much alive and tanning in the sun when I took that. :-P

The background is just a regular brick wall - so, yeah, the photo has been rotated 90 degrees. Other than that, there's no major retouching.

Qhimm

• Founder
    • View Profile
    • Qhimm.com
« Reply #110 on: 2010-03-22 17:11:12 »
Alright fine, after being nagged I'll share what few photos I have as well... I'm pretty new to photography though, so don't expect any wonders. And I'm not going to spend a lot of time uploading specific shots, so you'll have to settle for my Flickr photostream.

titeguy3

• A jack of all trades
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: 2010-03-22 17:46:03 »
Quote from: Qhimm's Photography Skills
http://www.flickr.com/photos/qhimm/4435246923/
Nice!  ;)

Jari

« Reply #112 on: 2010-03-23 22:14:49 »
Quote from: Qhimm's Photography Skills
http://www.flickr.com/photos/qhimm/4435246923/
Nice!  ;)

:D

And yay, I got Master to post. ;D I'm really good at nagging, you see. ;D

Some artfag-stuff there. Black & White = art, obviously. :P

It's actually a birch tree. In case you were interested.

atzn

• View Profile
« Reply #113 on: 2010-03-23 22:36:32 »
My first contribution... beer, naturally chilled in snowing Netherlands. ;D

And Jari you have some nice pics there... makes me want to get a DSLR and start some photography.... even if I am rubbish in it (I suppose everyone has to start somewhere, right?)

Mako

• View Profile
« Reply #114 on: 2010-03-25 05:38:24 »

Thanks for the new wallpaper Ammo! Very VERY pretty just think of this scene at dawn OMG! You are truly a master of your craft!

@Qhimm Boy you should give up that stupid programing job and do what your really good at photography!! Of course it probably doesnt put food on the table Hmmmmm...But then again neither does this website! To think server costs time maintenance actually if you think about it its quite the opposite...UH...oh don't listen to me /RANT. :-[ RUNS AWAY   
« Last Edit: 2010-03-25 05:40:51 by Mako »

titeguy3

• A jack of all trades
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: 2010-03-25 13:05:43 »
@Qhimm Boy you should give up that stupid programing job and do what your really good at photography!! Of course it probably doesnt put food on the table Hmmmmm...But then again neither does this website! To think server costs time maintenance actually if you think about it its quite the opposite...UH...oh don't listen to me /RANT. :-[ RUNS AWAY   
YOU'RE GONNA RUIN IT FOR ALL OF US!!!!
 :P

Mako

• View Profile
« Reply #116 on: 2010-03-25 21:59:42 »
LOL I was tired. Trust me if it was that easy to get qhimm to shut this site down siefer/hermoor would have done it a long time ago.

Hellbringer616

• View Profile
« Reply #117 on: 2010-03-25 23:22:17 »

Thanks for the new wallpaper Ammo! Very VERY pretty just think of this scene at dawn OMG! You are truly a master of your craft!

He made my a widescreen one, Which is my current desktop ;D i loves it.

Thanks again Ammo!!  ;D

Jari

« Reply #118 on: 2010-03-26 00:25:48 »
My first contribution... beer, naturally chilled in snowing Netherlands. ;D

;D

You should have made a snowman to hold it! :D

And thanks for posting. ;D

And Jari you have some nice pics there... makes me want to get a DSLR and start some photography.... even if I am rubbish in it (I suppose everyone has to start somewhere, right?)

Awwww, thanks. :) And yup - but no reason to worry, we all suck here. :D Honestly, me and Qhimm were talking about this thread, and I suggested that there might akshually be good photocrappers in the forum as well, but they are too busy laughing and my and Qhimm's photos to post. Thinking how such n00bfags even bother to post the crap they post. ;D

You are most welcome. :D

Seriously though, like hellbringer616 pointed out, I have made larger versions of that (and other) photos on request. So, if you want a higher resolution version - for a wallpaper, for example - just ask. :) I'm not going to post those in the public, because Google will index them, and then they'll end up in the most peculiar places; people have this tendency to "borrow" photos for whatever use. ;)

And thank you. Lady does exaggerate though, I have no illusions of being particularly good at this thing. :)

Anyway, I suppose I should poast a photo or something, instead of just typing lots of them word-thingies.

It's from the same trip the Lakselv-photo is. Again a HDR made out of three exposures. This is very much a preview, you can see from the lower right hand corner that the chromatic aberrations get really bad when you HDR several exposures and they don't match 100%. I have plans to make a better one, but dunno if that's ever going to akshually happen.

It's taken from here, near Kvalsund. If you zoom in, you can see a small pullout near the bridge, on the north side of the fjord. The bridge would be to the left of that photo - not quite visible.

Hellbringer616

• View Profile
« Reply #119 on: 2010-03-26 00:46:28 »
I'd like the above picture in High res 16:9 widescreen (if 1080p you're my hero :D) please.

El Ammo i have to say i am a big fan of your work, I'll add the above to my slide show for my desktop if i can get it

Jari

« Reply #120 on: 2010-03-26 00:59:31 »
I'd like the above picture in High res 16:9 widescreen (if 1080p you're my hero :D) please.

A viking hero, even? ;D

Kidding aside, sure. As soon as I get LiteStep working on my desktop, I'll PM the hi-res version to you.

The CA in the lower right corner will be visible in that size though, and I have no immediate plans to make the HDR from scratch, so you'll have to live with that.

Hellbringer616

• View Profile
« Reply #121 on: 2010-03-26 01:57:36 »
It'll be hidden by my task bar so it's all good.

Thanks a ton. VIKING hero :-P

idl12

• View Profile
« Reply #122 on: 2010-03-26 03:09:13 »
I would also like to say thank you for this wonderful background. :D

Cupcake

• And then it dawned on me, that Satan is also an old fuck.
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: 2010-03-26 04:59:50 »
Here's a picture from a pier at the bottom of the Palisade Cliffs.  I live at the top of the cliffs, about half a mile back =p

Jari

« Reply #124 on: 2010-03-31 00:14:29 »
Thank you for your very nice photos, I like them. :)

One more from me. :)