Author Topic: Final Fantasy X Models  (Read 9459 times)

accomrie

Final Fantasy X Models
« on: 2004-10-10 10:18:30 »
I know this has been discussed before, but is there ANY clarity on the format used in FFX or how to go about researching the format?

Also, how does one go about viewing hidden files on the DVD?

halkun

• Global moderator
  • NicoNico :)
    • View Profile
    • Q-Gears Homepage
Final Fantasy X Models
« Reply #1 on: 2004-10-10 15:42:41 »
Yes, it's the same format as "kingdom hearts", there was a viewer, but it was unreleased as the games are still on the shelves.

Lord_Skylark

• View Profile
Final Fantasy X Models
« Reply #2 on: 2004-10-11 04:21:43 »
Why does having the game still on the shelves make so the viewer isn't released? I don't see how that affects anything. There's viewer programs for hundred of games still on the shelf. Take FF11 for example.

~Sky

Qhimm

• Founder
    • View Profile
    • Qhimm.com
Final Fantasy X Models
« Reply #3 on: 2004-10-11 05:16:29 »
Probably since the viewer is able to extract intellectual property from a game that is still making profit. I especially imagine Disney might be a tad upset about suddenly having "official" versions of their characters floating around the net for anyone to use as they see fit. Since purchasing the game gives you the right to play it, not use its IP for your own desires, there's a bit of motivation to crack down on the author. Which we wouldn't want. ;)

alloy

• View Profile
Final Fantasy X Models
« Reply #4 on: 2004-10-11 14:57:32 »
Computer games can have a much longer life span when developers allow the game users to edit, change, add or view a games content..one very good example is half-life and ff-7 too ;) (if you guys hadn't been doing what going on around here , id surely have forgotten this game by now :3) So now it is the interest of all pc game companies to allow users to have access to the games content, just look at any modern day game company web site and they prob have dl of game editing tools on their sites, Epic games the developers of UT are another good example of a developer suporting game editing hell they even release the tools to facilitate this. As lond as users are not making money of the company game engine, and intellectual property  users have a lot of freedom with a game.

As for ffxi its already possible to read all the data from the game. i know its possible to change the menu,music and sound effects, ingame textures, and ingame models. ive seen evidence of all this in pictures though out the net. and i haven't heard of any persecution from squareenix of this, i know that they wont allow any kind of edits that change the games play mechanics, but thats understandable.

accomrie

Final Fantasy X Models
« Reply #5 on: 2004-10-11 21:08:37 »
There's a FF11 extractor on the net? Surely there's a similarity in the format?

Why does square mind if we mess with their data? It promotes the game. There are som many PC games which have such open and available model formats (almost all FPS). Wouldn't Squaresoft, sorry, Sqeeenix, want to please their most loyal fans?

Qhimm

• Founder
    • View Profile
    • Qhimm.com
Final Fantasy X Models
« Reply #6 on: 2004-10-12 02:40:40 »
Yes, and why would Michelangelo complain if we replaced Jesus with a donkey in The Last Supper? Sure it would make the original more famous, but famous for what?

accomrie

Final Fantasy X Models
« Reply #7 on: 2004-10-12 18:19:29 »
Very good point Qhimm...I guess most of us CAN'T be trusted. But the thing is, Squaresoft knows we're going to crack it eventually... :D

alloy

• View Profile
Final Fantasy X Models
« Reply #8 on: 2004-10-12 18:59:23 »
I dont think that Michelangelo would care much if they changed Jesus in the last supper,he'd probably even laugh a bit ;)...but  Leonardo would sure throw a fit and raise hell once he sees what happened to his mural XD...

Well anyway true that you cant change something  great and make it better than what the developers wanted (i think fine art is totally different beast)...but there are people that can create great things given the chance and the tools. i go back to half life, and that little known (cough) mod Counter Strike (cough)..It has actually been counterstrike that has kept that engine alive, there are still some other great mods being made for the game...and tons more that are being made for the next game, there are lots of mod teams getting ready for the release of the HL2 sdk.

But im talking fromt the point of view of a ffxi player. i suppose queare doent really want anyone to mess with their original games...but moding some parts of the game can keep players interewsted in it for a bit longer.
i know there not gonna support anyone who wants to add new areas and mobs and item and such, but changing the existing ones look is good enough for me.

oh and that extrator is the model viewer. it does allow you to export the game models to metaseq format with no anims.

Qhimm

• Founder
    • View Profile
    • Qhimm.com
Final Fantasy X Models
« Reply #9 on: 2004-10-13 04:07:13 »
Quote from: alloy
I dont think that Michelangelo would care much if they changed Jesus in the last supper,he'd probably even laugh a bit ;)...but  Leonardo would sure throw a fit and raise hell once he sees what happened to his mural XD...

Ngah, I knew it sounded wrong... :z

halkun

• Global moderator
  • NicoNico :)
    • View Profile
    • Q-Gears Homepage
Final Fantasy X Models
« Reply #10 on: 2004-10-13 04:54:25 »
Feh, He's still a Ninja Turtle.

PumpkinPieman

• View Profile
    • http://PumpkinPieman.blogspot.com
Final Fantasy X Models
« Reply #11 on: 2004-10-13 07:16:32 »
Quote from: alloy
Nah, I'm sure Donnie and Mikey would get a few laughs out of it. Leonardo wouldn't get too involved in things unless Master Splinter had a problem with it.

accomrie

Final Fantasy X Models
« Reply #12 on: 2004-10-13 21:49:02 »
I'm really embarrassed to ask for help  :oops:

But this FFXI model view/extractor is really brilliant but when I export it I can't seem to sort out the alpha channel when importing it into my DirectX programming. I guess the alpha is stored in the RGB as some sort of brown. Won't you guys help me out a bit?! This is really driving me nuts. If anyone knows any Japanese that would also REAAALLLY help.

I'll post some screenies if anyone is interested...I'm making myself a chocobo racer  :P [/img]

mirex

• View Profile
    • http://mirex.mypage.sk
Final Fantasy X Models
« Reply #13 on: 2004-10-14 07:24:15 »
I'll post some screenies if anyone is interested

Im interested !

alloy

• View Profile
Final Fantasy X Models
« Reply #14 on: 2004-10-14 17:18:51 »
http://www.geocities.com/folye_of_windurst/help.html

this is the english version of the prog , maybe that will be of some help. i think theres no way of having the rpog export the alphas, since all i get are bmps for the textures.

accomrie

Final Fantasy X Models
« Reply #15 on: 2004-10-14 20:36:05 »
Ok, I sorted out the alpha problem!

You have to export the files as DDS files (they have alpha!)

Well, I've been working hard on this stuff and now I need help with animation. I haven't a clue how to go about skeletal animation.

If anyone feels like helping, please DO!  :lol:

Oh, how do I post screenshots?!

mirex

• View Profile
    • http://mirex.mypage.sk
Final Fantasy X Models
« Reply #16 on: 2004-10-15 06:59:23 »
Quote from: accomrie
Oh, how do I post screenshots?!

Look here: http://forums.qhimm.com/viewtopic.php?t=3442 how to upload files on the server, and then post them through Img button above post.

accomrie

Final Fantasy X Models
« Reply #17 on: 2004-10-18 21:10:16 »
OK, so here is a shot.

Oh, gosh...I'm so out of practice in D3D. Can anyone help me with tweening?!