Author Topic: [FF9 PC] UI Stuff -> See Moguri update  (Read 16318 times)

snouz

• [FR_EN]
    • View Profile
[FF9 PC] UI Stuff -> See Moguri update
« on: 2020-04-24 23:06:52 »

NOW INCLUDED IN MOGURI BETA V2

It's yet another download from me (promise I'll put everything in one big download for the next version)

NEW 2020-04-25 - UI Stuff BETA V2 (fixed)
(outdated) 2020-04-24 - UI Stuff BETA V1

This one is a number of UI changes (no, not the battle UI)

<--- old

<--- old

<--- old

<--- old

Borders around portraits:

- I made the grey bars black.

- I also fixed the misplaced points on both maps.

- Map points and stuff are sharper

« Last Edit: 2020-05-08 11:41:21 by snouz »

Glenn Seto

• View Profile
Re: [FF9 PC] UI Stuff BETA V1
« Reply #1 on: 2020-04-25 00:46:52 »
Oh, so I'm not the only one who gets that rectangular transparency glitch on the title screen. I assume it's a Memoria issue?

Deses

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2020-04-25 00:52:21 »
Jesus! You are on fire!!

So far what I see is this in the main menu:

And the map looks gorgeous, but perhaps some dots are slightly missplaced? Like the South Gate one. It is in the yellow dot, not in the white dot where it's currently... but I guess that's close enough lol

« Last Edit: 2020-04-25 00:57:24 by Deses »

Aavock

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2020-04-25 00:53:51 »
Fantastic job as usual snouz. Here's some minor suggestions for the UI.

This grey line needs 1 extra pixel in the top to completely cover the underneath box:

Can you use the full screen wordmap as a reference for the grayscale one ?
However I'm not sure how it'll look in-game but here's the idea:

And finally, when the interaction bubble appears it is actually black for a few frames so it may be good idea to replace the black bubbles for the white ones.

Pilda

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2020-04-25 01:11:55 »
Could you please make all the menus in the game more compact? The mobile UI is terrible. :(

Deses

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2020-04-25 01:23:16 »
This grey line needs 1 extra pixel in the top to completely cover the underneath box.

That's the default behavior, but I agree that could be a little improvement. :)

Here's another thing:

In your version, there's a very small 1px grey border that I think it's pretty harsh and ugly... maybe you can fix that too.  :D

Psymind

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2020-04-25 03:00:18 »
I like that 1px gray box  :-X

takver

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2020-04-25 10:09:42 »
Jesus! You are on fire!!

Yep, can confirm the title menu is only appearing this way with ZePilOt's Moguri mod installed. Fixed it by uninstalling Moguri Mod and then doing a clean installation of FFIX with snouz's files (HD backgrounds, items, NPCs, and this UI mod).

I'm not yet sure if any more bugs are introduced with ZePilOt's Moguri mod and this UI mod installed but I'll report back if I come across any.

snouz

• [FR_EN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2020-04-25 12:11:00 »
Here's another thing:
Spoiler: show
Argh that must be the compression method. He's why it's beta =) Ok I'll test other compressions.

This grey line needs 1 extra pixel in the top to completely cover the underneath box:
Is this a fault in the default UI? I never noticed that

Can you use the full screen wordmap as a reference for the grayscale one ?
However I'm not sure how it'll look in-game but here's the idea:
I'll try that!

And finally, when the interaction bubble appears it is actually black for a few frames so it may be good idea to replace the black bubbles for the white ones.
I'm sorry I don't know what you're referring to. I just checked, you talk about the "!" bubble? It's white all the time for me.

So apparently it's a moguri install issue. I guess you need to uninstall it first. I know the recent steam update (that literally removed the game) broke moguri and forced people to reinstall it.
And the map looks gorgeous, but perhaps some dots are slightly missplaced? Like the South Gate one. It is in the yellow dot, not in the white dot where it's currently... but I guess that's close enough lol
I know but I have no power on the dots, only the picture. I took 4 points as reference: treno, lindblum, alexandria and blumecia. I could maybe warp the map, but that's low priority.

Could you please make all the menus in the game more compact? The mobile UI is terrible. :(
It's much more complex than it looks. There's a mod by TehMighty for that, but as we talked about in the main thread, it's still filled with deal-breaking issues...

Deses

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2020-04-25 12:20:40 »
So apparently it's a moguri install issue. I guess you need to uninstall it first. I know the recent steam update (that literally removed the game) broke moguri and forced people to reinstall it.

My Moguri install is clean. I installed the game after I heard the news about SE botching the update and it picked my interest. My FFIX + Moguri installation dates from the 2020/04/21,

I know but I have no power on the dots, only the picture. I took 4 points as reference: treno, lindblum, alexandria and blumecia. I could maybe warp the map, but that's low priority.

Yeah, don't do that. The dots are close enough. :)

vitgil

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2020-04-25 13:11:37 »
snouz, your work is impressive! I like your FF9 mods.

Spoiler:  • show

It's Memoria bug. Try this. I was extract the texture title_bg.tex from the UI Stuff BETA V1 mod and convert it to png.

snouz

• [FR_EN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2020-04-25 13:23:44 »
I wonder why it's doing that. We'll test further with zePilot when we package everything with memoria.

iSigurd

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2020-04-25 14:21:09 »
Are you guys experiencing name doubling?  Like, ZidaneZidane, SteinerSteiner, etc.

snouz

• [FR_EN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2020-04-25 14:46:29 »
Ok my head hurts after trying to get rid of those outlines around UI elements (like bubble borders)
I've tried every available setting for import. If I find the reason for those black outlines, it will help those on battle backgrounds too.

Glenn Seto

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2020-04-25 17:27:12 »
Are you guys experiencing name doubling?  Like, ZidaneZidane, SteinerSteiner, etc.

That happens when you return to vanilla from a Memoria-modded version. It's a known issue, albeit not one they intend to fix.

https://github.com/Albeoris/Memoria/issues/83

I'm undecided if I want to start my playthrough with or without Memoria installed. It has some neat features, but also introduces a number of issues, such as being chained to it going forward, due to the messed up names.

snouz

• [FR_EN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2020-04-25 18:01:32 »
That happens when you return to vanilla from a Memoria-modded version. It's a known issue, albeit not one they intend to fix.

https://github.com/Albeoris/Memoria/issues/83
I'm undecided if I want to start my playthrough with or without Memoria installed. It has some neat features, but also introduces a number of issues, such as being chained to it going forward, due to the messed up names.
There's a mod that can fix your save, that's what I did.
------------>  http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=11494.0 (it's called memoria but it's another tool)

I found the fix for the black borders and am uploading it.

snouz

• [FR_EN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2020-04-25 19:54:23 »
Version 2 is here!

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Yk5z965Ngdg047O02dgvMhCPrqnXrX6T (corrected file)

-Fixed the bubble borders
-changed the look of portrait borders https://i.imgur.com/lvQ8kIl.jpg -> Opinions?
-reimported the start menu logo, could someone test it with memoria and tell me if it's still all wrong?
« Last Edit: 2020-04-25 23:03:55 by snouz »

Pilda

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2020-04-25 20:59:27 »
-changed the look of portrait borders https://i.imgur.com/lvQ8kIl.jpg -> Opinions?

I like it. It looks good.

Pilda

• View Profile
Re: [FF9 PC] UI Stuff BETA V2
« Reply #18 on: 2020-04-25 21:06:11 »
I get Runtime error with version 2. :(

snouz

• [FR_EN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2020-04-25 21:52:45 »
I get Runtime error with version 2. :(
AAAAh bollocks, I'll upload the good one very quick. *facepalm*

EDIT: uploaded the right version
« Last Edit: 2020-04-25 23:03:31 by snouz »

Glenn Seto

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2020-04-25 22:16:19 »

It looks good. Just as an experiment, I'd check how it looks with the emboss effect inverted, so that the portraits are set deeper in the UI. I know that's inconsistent with other interface elements, but somehow it might look good for character portraits, specifically.

decency_breakin3

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2020-04-25 23:02:58 »
Just wanna throw my hat over the wall and mention that V1 of UI worked with previous build of the game before steam loused it up. 2.27.2017 update i believe it is. also using most recent build of Moguri  (Logo and Name Enter Both Showed Correctly)
« Last Edit: 2020-04-26 09:34:42 by decency_breakin3 »

Glenn Seto

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2020-04-25 23:35:46 »
OK, here's what UI V2 (fixed) looks like with Memoria (Moguri release).

https://imgur.com/a/gKcBRLx

Title screen looks perfect now. :)

A similar issue remains with the name entry screen (grey bar over name input).

There's a mod that can fix your save, that's what I did.
------------>  http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=11494.0 (it's called memoria but it's another tool)

Didn't work for me, but I guess, I'll just stick to Memoria, since you're fixing the glitches now.

Edit: Btw, I'd love for the packaged release to offer both the original Steam font and Moguri's Garnet font. Would that be possible by way of memoria.ini options?
« Last Edit: 2020-04-25 23:43:21 by Glenn Seto »

Deses

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2020-04-26 13:30:56 »
Logo looks fine now!

Deses

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2020-04-29 02:03:27 »
I believe this one goes here.

Look at the title of the boxes. The black border around the white text looks off, there are missing pixels in the border and you can see the green background.

Maybe you can take a look at these glitches! :)