Author Topic: [FF7PC-98/Steam] New Threat Mod (v2.0.99994)  (Read 4877502 times)

Rabagast

• View Profile
Re: [FF7PC-98/Steam] New Threat Mod (v1.4)
« Reply #4500 on: 2016-12-02 12:35:36 »
In NT, all items given are fixed and I don't think they're based on what you can actually find down there. Nothing missable is dished out either.

When I reached the bottom of the crater after going the right path only, Red would give me an MP Plus Materia. Yuffie did too. If I ignored the characters the first time I reached the bottom and then did the other two paths before talking to them, Red would give me a Circlet instead. All the other characters gave the same things.

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #4501 on: 2016-12-02 12:58:29 »
Chief is it possible to still trigger Lucky Seven Fever? I was just thinking about it but I've yet to try it, mainly due to it just slipped my mind until just now (since I'm off to bed at the time of this post, just a random thought I had as I was settling in).

It can, yeah.

When I reached the bottom of the crater after going the right path only, Red would give me an MP Plus Materia. Yuffie did too. If I ignored the characters the first time I reached the bottom and then did the other two paths before talking to them, Red would give me a Circlet instead. All the other characters gave the same things.

I must have missed something in the script. I'll get fixed.

Soulofsteel

• View Profile
« Reply #4502 on: 2016-12-02 18:32:26 »
I just got to the bottom of northern cave and nobody gave me anything when I spoke to them. Is it when they're gathered at the point of no return? I visited all 3 paths before I spoke to them, did I miss my chance?

Edit: I think I read in a previous psot, but whats up with the piano in nibelheim after the bottom of the crater the first time? Is the Premium Heart not available right now?
« Last Edit: 2016-12-02 19:15:19 by Soulofsteel »

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #4503 on: 2016-12-02 19:41:51 »
I just got to the bottom of northern cave and nobody gave me anything when I spoke to them. Is it when they're gathered at the point of no return? I visited all 3 paths before I spoke to them, did I miss my chance?

Edit: I think I read in a previous psot, but whats up with the piano in nibelheim after the bottom of the crater the first time? Is the Premium Heart not available right now?

When everyone is at the bottom they should give you one thing when you talk to them. I'm redoing tifa's sidequest so that'll be available soon.

Soulofsteel

• View Profile
« Reply #4504 on: 2016-12-02 19:48:29 »
If I went down the other paths could that possibly get screwed up? None of them give anything, ill go try again but it seemed like it was a no go. In where is the thing, both w-magic and hp plus should be obtainable on those paths as well, I scoured all 3 paths to no avail in regards to them.

Edit: Guess i didn't quite scour enough XD my bad, found w-magic.
Edit 2: Wow great spots for both, should have looked harder the first couple times XD As for the items from talking to everyone, still no luck there.

Edit 3: I feel like I muse be doing something wrong, my damage on almost everyone feels really bad, but maybe I'm just crazy.  But a morph from tifa deals like 80 damage to a dragon zombie, when it can't be sensed, how are you ever supposed to morph rediculous enemies like that for the ultimate weapon materials? The conformer would work but you have to morph big bads to get it right? I feel like morphing 1 creature of a large stature like that would take hours to do while avoiding killing it. Am I missing something?

Edit 4: Just came across what I assume is a bug. Went to fight the mimic and early on I used resist to counter the crazy status move and when she used L3 Defence down(I think is what it was called?) they all resist it but the red flashing continues so far indefinitely and the fight will not continue. I'm going to try to do it without resist and see what happens. (I did it fine without resist and it didn't happen again)

Edit 5: I can't remember what the document i read about it said, but what is the deal with master materia? I got a master command and master magic from the huge materia, went to try again after i mastered 1 of everyhting again. The command one gave me another master, but the magic did not. Is that all intended?
« Last Edit: 2016-12-03 02:00:09 by Soulofsteel »

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #4505 on: 2016-12-03 06:22:20 »
If I went down the other paths could that possibly get screwed up? None of them give anything, ill go try again but it seemed like it was a no go. In where is the thing, both w-magic and hp plus should be obtainable on those paths as well, I scoured all 3 paths to no avail in regards to them.

Edit: Guess i didn't quite scour enough XD my bad, found w-magic.
Edit 2: Wow great spots for both, should have looked harder the first couple times XD As for the items from talking to everyone, still no luck there.

Edit 3: I feel like I muse be doing something wrong, my damage on almost everyone feels really bad, but maybe I'm just crazy.  But a morph from tifa deals like 80 damage to a dragon zombie, when it can't be sensed, how are you ever supposed to morph rediculous enemies like that for the ultimate weapon materials? The conformer would work but you have to morph big bads to get it right? I feel like morphing 1 creature of a large stature like that would take hours to do while avoiding killing it. Am I missing something?

Edit 4: Just came across what I assume is a bug. Went to fight the mimic and early on I used resist to counter the crazy status move and when she used L3 Defence down(I think is what it was called?) they all resist it but the red flashing continues so far indefinitely and the fight will not continue. I'm going to try to do it without resist and see what happens. (I did it fine without resist and it didn't happen again)

Edit 5: I can't remember what the document i read about it said, but what is the deal with master materia? I got a master command and master magic from the huge materia, went to try again after i mastered 1 of everyhting again. The command one gave me another master, but the magic did not. Is that all intended?

I'll check for script weaknesses in the item hand-overs. For Morph, it's a problem because the enemy HP can't be tracked and damage is very low; try using the Ancient weapons though (the ones with no Materia slots), someone mentioned a long time ago that they ignore this damage penalty. I think the current scene patch changed the Crater enemy item lists so that one of the two end-game weapons were dropped as normal loot; getting these first will help you take on Lv.4 Limit bosses and other stuff before going for the weapons acquired through Morph, and Zombie Dragon is the best one to do first because it nets you Oritsuru (Morph) and Magic Shuriken (drop) which can both be used to make a Conformer.

The Mimic should be using Mustard Bomb instead. Have you used the latest scene hotfix patch (24th November) or is this being played through 7H.

Not sure about the Master Magic problem; I thought I'd disabled it but I just checked and all the scripts for it seem intact. I think I'll deactivate them on the next patch, I was intending to use Master Magic, command, and summon as rewards for stuff I'm working on.

Coca Cola Man

• View Profile
« Reply #4506 on: 2016-12-03 09:16:18 »
Hey SC, I think I might have another small issue  ;D

After reading back through this thread it seems that the final cave isn't supposed to be showing up in the ancient forest and it should send you back out to the open world.

However when I ran through I was able to enter the cave and even got a second Apocalypse for my troubles. Was this changed?

I'm worried any bugs like this might stop me from uncovering a certain secret......

Edit: Also wanted to check, should it also be possible to get 2 "Sensei gloves" and 2 "Gatling guns" 1 from the Sunken Gelnika and 1 from the Shinra HQ?
« Last Edit: 2016-12-03 09:18:35 by Coca Cola Man »

Soulofsteel

• View Profile
« Reply #4507 on: 2016-12-03 14:20:40 »
Thanks for the info, should help me a bunch. And no i havent updated anything in a little while, im afraid ill run into the same problem as months ago when it wouldn't actually do anything but ill try that now and see what it fixes.

Edit: Everything updated fine for me this time around, but I think I may have missed something by waiting as long as i did. The guy on the highwind who gives you things you need from updates gave me the micro engine after i updated but i already got it from the love buster and got premium heart which i didn't think was supposed to happen. Did i miss something important from that fight that gave me the micro engine instead?
« Last Edit: 2016-12-03 14:38:23 by Soulofsteel »

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #4508 on: 2016-12-03 16:07:44 »
Hey SC, I think I might have another small issue  ;D

After reading back through this thread it seems that the final cave isn't supposed to be showing up in the ancient forest and it should send you back out to the open world.

However when I ran through I was able to enter the cave and even got a second Apocalypse for my troubles. Was this changed?

I'm worried any bugs like this might stop me from uncovering a certain secret......

Edit: Also wanted to check, should it also be possible to get 2 "Sensei gloves" and 2 "Gatling guns" 1 from the Sunken Gelnika and 1 from the Shinra HQ?

The cave screen hasn't been used yet so I wouldn't worry about that.

The Gelnika had an issue with drops/text boxes that, if not fixed in the current flevel patch, was corrected in my current files and should be gone after the next update.

Thanks for the info, should help me a bunch. And no i havent updated anything in a little while, im afraid ill run into the same problem as months ago when it wouldn't actually do anything but ill try that now and see what it fixes.

Edit: Everything updated fine for me this time around, but I think I may have missed something by waiting as long as i did. The guy on the highwind who gives you things you need from updates gave me the micro engine after i updated but i already got it from the love buster and got premium heart which i didn't think was supposed to happen. Did i miss something important from that fight that gave me the micro engine instead?

It's not supposed to give Premium Heart; wonder what happened there.

Soulofsteel

• View Profile
« Reply #4509 on: 2016-12-03 17:10:57 »
Did it a while ago? It was all outdated so that could explain it. It won't make me miss anything though? In where is the thing it shows ribbons and the starlight phone for Cait Sith as master tonberry morphs. Is it random or is it innaccurate?

Edit: I morphed one and got a ribbon, killed another and got the starlight phone.

Edit 2: Are the Weapon drops from the crater enemies guaranteed? I have killed 2 iron golems and got no pile banger, and 2 behemoths no behemoth horn, is that intended?

Edit 3: I haven't obtained a mystile yet nor do i see it in any of the documents, was it remover or renamed? Or is it just hiding from me?
« Last Edit: 2016-12-03 19:04:46 by Soulofsteel »

BelialLion

• View Profile
« Reply #4510 on: 2016-12-03 20:06:36 »
Did it a while ago? It was all outdated so that could explain it. It won't make me miss anything though? In where is the thing it shows ribbons and the starlight phone for Cait Sith as master tonberry morphs. Is it random or is it innaccurate?

Edit: I morphed one and got a ribbon, killed another and got the starlight phone.

Edit 2: Are the Weapon drops from the crater enemies guaranteed? I have killed 2 iron golems and got no pile banger, and 2 behemoths no behemoth horn, is that intended?

Edit 3: I haven't obtained a mystile yet nor do i see it in any of the documents, was it remover or renamed? Or is it just hiding from me?

I stole a Mystile as a rare steal from the goblins on Goblin Island.

Chief, feel free to verify that one.

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #4511 on: 2016-12-03 20:32:16 »

There's an inconsistency with Master Tonberry item lists; it should be corrected in the current scene hotfix patch.

The new weapon drop rate is something like 32/63, which should translate to 50%; make sure the patch is applied though, it was lower in pre-patch.

Mystile is supposed to be dropped exclusively by a boss in Dark Cave, but-

I stole a Mystile as a rare steal from the goblins on Goblin Island.

Chief, feel free to verify that one.

Yeah, I saw that while I was redoing every enemy's item lists. Rare steals have been mostly eradicated from the new patch that's going up tomorrow. If the crater enemy adjusted item lists aren't in the current scene patch then they'll definitely be in this new one.

Soulofsteel

• View Profile
« Reply #4512 on: 2016-12-03 20:42:10 »
Where is and how do you start the dark cave sidequest?

Edit: Dio wasn't showing up before i updated but now he is so i figured it out now.
« Last Edit: 2016-12-03 22:04:44 by Soulofsteel »

RynxXK5

• View Profile
« Reply #4513 on: 2016-12-05 16:22:07 »
Hey Chief is there a full readme/walkthrough for the changes and such? I tried the link on the 1st page 2nd post from you and it says file not found.
Thanks!

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #4514 on: 2016-12-06 00:01:23 »
The main installer folder should have documentation in it; not 100% up-to-date but it should outline most of what's in there.

NachMan

• View Profile
« Reply #4515 on: 2016-12-06 00:35:47 »
This mod made me fall in love my favorite game all over again. Thanks for making it.

I just got to the dark cave and I am fighting the guard scorpion. Fight goes well, the scorpion lifts its tail. However when he is starts to lower his tail, game hangs. I saw an earlier guy memtiom this but did not see a solution.

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #4516 on: 2016-12-06 01:12:59 »
This mod made me fall in love my favorite game all over again. Thanks for making it.

I just got to the dark cave and I am fighting the guard scorpion. Fight goes well, the scorpion lifts its tail. However when he is starts to lower his tail, game hangs. I saw an earlier guy memtiom this but did not see a solution.

I must have missed that one; I'll prepare a fix for it.

« Reply #4517 on: 2016-12-06 02:08:50 »
I'm having a bit of trouble with the boss in the safe in Nibelheim. I'm kind of wondering exactly what the mechanics of the fight are, is it listed in the readme? As it is I get to a certain point and then he outheals any damage I do to him, though I'm not likely to die.

RynxXK5

• View Profile
« Reply #4518 on: 2016-12-06 02:44:15 »
The main installer folder should have documentation in it; not 100% up-to-date but it should outline most of what's in there.

I used 7th Heaven to install the mods and such, would that change the directory for the readme?

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #4519 on: 2016-12-06 02:59:58 »
I'm having a bit of trouble with the boss in the safe in Nibelheim. I'm kind of wondering exactly what the mechanics of the fight are, is it listed in the readme? As it is I get to a certain point and then he outheals any damage I do to him, though I'm not likely to die.

It's similar to the original; he has a physical side and a magic side, if his HP is reduced below half by a physical attack then the 'magic' side dies and you're left fighting the physical form (and vise-versa). The physical form should be weak to magic attacks, and the magic form weak to physical attacks so when the transformation occurs change your attacks accordingly.

I think that the two later forms also absorb Poison so either avoid using this on the initial dual form or throw him an antidote to get rid of it. You can also use Stop + Slow to buy yourself a significant amount of turns and the Magic form can be silenced to prevent several attacks being used.

I used 7th Heaven to install the mods and such, would that change the directory for the readme?

I don't know if the Catalog NT has the current versions of the readme & other documents (and the IRO itself isn't up-to-date; make sure you use the IRO available from this thread instead, use the Import function in 7H to load it in there).

RynxXK5

• View Profile
« Reply #4520 on: 2016-12-06 03:08:17 »
I don't know if the Catalog NT has the current versions of the readme & other documents (and the IRO itself isn't up-to-date; make sure you use the IRO available from this thread instead, use the Import function in 7H to load it in there).

How would I do that? Should i restart? I'm right outside of rocket town.
« Last Edit: 2016-12-06 03:43:55 by RynxXK5 »

Coca Cola Man

• View Profile
« Reply #4521 on: 2016-12-06 07:54:16 »
Hey SC I've sent you a PM regarding a problem I'm having.

Don't want to spoil anything here  ;)

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #4522 on: 2016-12-06 15:52:50 »
How would I do that? Should i restart? I'm right outside of rocket town.

Importing an IRO? Right so, download the IRO from this thread's front page and open up 7H. Go to the Library Tab and then click the Import button. Select 'From IRO Archive' and select the downloaded IRO (give it a name as well). Click OK and then click the Search button in the Library tab; it should display the new IRO you just imported. Activate it, then go to the Active Mods tab to configure your load order if needed. That should be it (and remember to deactivate the catalog version of the mod). I don't think they're so radically different that you need to start over; it's mostly bug fixes and optimisations.

cheffdonty

• View Profile
« Reply #4523 on: 2016-12-06 21:57:07 »
The shopkeep in Wall Market who gives you the diamond tiara is in some weird poses if you visit him before or after the cross-dress quest. There are also two people by Big Bro's gym who will always have their dialogue after the Sector 7 plate falls appended to their speech.

In Shinra tower, I was having some trouble using Osmose on some guards. I can't remember if they were SOLDIER 3rd class or regular mooks, but I'll play the segment again and come back with it.

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #4524 on: 2016-12-06 22:45:19 »
I'll check their scripts for oddities.

Trouble with osmose as in crashing problems or no MP coming out of them?