Author Topic: Not recognizing KB or Controller  (Read 1629 times)

BossmanDFE

• View Profile
Not recognizing KB or Controller
« on: 2020-01-18 06:27:58 »
I have followed the instructions to the letter, I have no idea why but when the game comes up to the "New Game/Continue screen" no keybinds work no buttons work the only thing i can do is ALT+f4 the entire game. I am so lost I have no idea why its doing this.

There is no error message, NOTHING it acts like it works perfectly i just have 0 input.  I've been trying to fix this for 2 days and its driving me to drink. I'm playing through the FF franchise on stream and i really want this working before I get to 7. Please help. :(

sithlord48

• Dark Lord of the Savegame
    • View Profile
    • Blackchocobo
Re: Not recognizing KB or Controller
« Reply #1 on: 2020-01-18 12:49:02 »
by default the keys mapped to ff7 are on the number pad.  Be sure numlock is on and try those buttons. And controllers should work if you plug them in before you launch the game.

Mendelevium

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2020-01-18 15:45:45 »
The other question is what controller you're using. If you have a controller (such as the ps4 controller) mapped with steam's controller support, then you'll need to remap the buttons manually to the numpad.

BossmanDFE

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2020-01-18 17:41:34 »
by default the keys mapped to ff7 are on the number pad.  Be sure numlock is on and try those buttons. And controllers should work if you plug them in before you launch the game.

Thank you! I'll try that now! <3

The other question is what controller you're using. If you have a controller (such as the ps4 controller) mapped with steam's controller support, then you'll need to remap the buttons manually to the numpad.

Its a Logitech Gamepad F310. Its my favorite controller for retro games ^_^