Author Topic: [PSX/PC] Save Editor - Black Chocobo (v1.15)  (Read 1001466 times)

sithlord48

• Dark Lord of the Savegame
    • View Profile
    • Blackchocobo
Re: [RELEASE v1.9.7]: Black Chocobo - FF7 Save Game Editor
« Reply #950 on: 2013-07-20 19:37:09 »
I went to edit a save where Cloud was infected with Sadness, but it showed as fury in the editor. May do some experimenting, but initial finding is that they are reversed.

This Is fixed in my current WIP verson. it has been along time since i have done a proper release. waiting to see whats going on with this steam version stuff and a few other small things then test for release of 1.9.8 . also would love to get the translations updated if anyone would like to do the german or japanese updates they are the languages that need the most just let me know.

Demonpriest

• View Profile
« Reply #951 on: 2013-07-21 16:43:37 »
also play with the new BC let me know what you think before its to late and i release it....

I think I may have found a bug with the new version of BC. When editing the AP values of EQUIPPED Materia, it isn't saving them. For example, I'm using an Ice materia with 126/35000. Then I edit the value to 1200/35000. When I click Save, the value changes right back to 126/35000. This is not the case with the current version of BC.

Vegeta_Ss4

• Dark Wizard of the Savegame
    • View Profile
    • Black Chocobo
« Reply #952 on: 2013-07-21 19:57:28 »
Ok.Here is the last svn build for win users:
Black Chocobo SVN

Please test it.
« Last Edit: 2013-07-30 03:12:29 by Vegeta_Ss4 »

mezoya

• View Profile
« Reply #953 on: 2013-07-23 03:37:46 »
Every time I try to edit a save, when I click Cloud, the program crashes. I'm playing the 2012 remake btw. HELP!!!!!!!

sithlord48

• View Profile
    • Blackchocobo
« Reply #954 on: 2013-07-23 14:33:18 »
Every time I try to edit a save, when I click Cloud, the program crashes. I'm playing the 2012 remake btw. HELP!!!!!!!

update to newest version there should be no problem changing characters.

mezoya

• View Profile
« Reply #955 on: 2013-07-23 21:38:18 »
http://s338.photobucket.com/user/mezoya/media/public/f*ckCLOUD.png.html This is the error I get each time. Only when I click on Cloud. This Happens when I try any save, with the exception of the of the sample saves. (The save in the background is a friends, tried to edit his but also got this.)
EDIT:
I figured out the problem, It's because of a trainer I was using xP
« Last Edit: 2013-07-23 22:41:12 by mezoya »

dark-hitoshi

• View Profile
« Reply #956 on: 2013-07-25 09:59:09 »
Hello everyone, I'm stuck in fantastic final seven at the end of the game (in the north cave) and I'd like to change my backup teleport...

But when I want to change my backup I have this message:

This file does not update checksum day. It will not work on your PSP

That if someone could help me it will sympe, thank you in advance!

sithlord48

• View Profile
    • Blackchocobo
« Reply #957 on: 2013-07-25 14:39:09 »
please read: http://sourceforge.net/p/blackchocobo/wiki/FAQ/#psp-and-ps3-saves

also if you had read the thread this comes up alot.

Chris_Chev

• View Profile
« Reply #958 on: 2013-07-28 10:39:39 »
So, I'm playing the steam version, and I load up my save file, and basically just mess around with my stats, didn't bother with items, materia etc.  The thing is, how do I implement my changes?  How do I play with my new stats?  I hit save, it did nothing, I hit save as and called it save01.ff7, that did nothing too.  I already used the in-game character booster, idk if that would impact it in any way.  I'm in the right folder (my documents/squarenix/Final Fantasy VII Steam/User_blah blah blah).  Basically, I made my changes, how do I save them?

EDIT:  So I sort of figured it out.  whenever I open ff7 through steam, it deletes the file I created.  I read somewhere that starting in offline mode would fix it, so I tried that, and my file was still deleted.  I'm going to try to disable cloud saves and see if that works.

Edit2: annnnd.... nope.  nada.  Idk, any suggestions?

Edit3: woo hoo, figured it out.  great tool, now that I figured out what the problem was.
« Last Edit: 2013-07-28 11:06:29 by Chris_Chev »

Dii

• View Profile
« Reply #959 on: 2013-07-28 23:01:18 »
Hello there all, i have also recently been born from the internet-lifestream to ask a question about this program.

I too am having this problem
whenever I open ff7 through steam, it deletes the file I created.  I read somewhere that starting in offline mode would fix it, so I tried that, and my file was still deleted.  I'm going to try to disable cloud saves and see if that works.

Edit2: annnnd.... nope.  nada.  Idk, any suggestions?

I have the latest version of this lovely program but i cant seem to get the steam version of the game to respond, it just deletes the save every time,

for the whole game I wanted yuffie to date cloud and i did everything i could but still, when it came to the time, i saw Aeris enter the room and wanted to hang myself (jk)

so i tried to use a glitch id heard of where if you encounter yuffie and answer the questions right 4 out of 5 times you get +2 love points for ever answer and then she runs away, and if you repeat this its supposed to stack the values, i did this 20 times! to make sure beyond a shadow of a doubt cloud would date yuffie, it took forever, and then STILL DIDNT WORK.

so now ive turned to this program, but i cant get it to work without my saves being deleted, and like a dipstick i forgot to back up my original saves (not that i wanted them with aeris being the one getting dated) so now i need this to avoid playing the whole game again

Edit3: woo hoo, figured it out.  great tool, now that I figured out what the problem was.

what did you do to fix it?? I think quite a few people would really like to know.

Template

• Life is a series of cats.
    • View Profile
« Reply #960 on: 2013-07-28 23:06:19 »
I think you can trick Steam into picking up your savegame file and then get it on your cloudsave by putting the save file in the documents\Final Fantasy VII Steam\ folder after you've already had the game's launcher open.

Alternately I would think you can just turn off the cloud saving feature altogether and then be able to keep the saves from being deleted, but maybe that doesn't work.

Dii

• View Profile
« Reply #961 on: 2013-07-28 23:21:34 »
mm, ive never had cloud saving active but it still deletes them. there is a place in the steam folder to put save games too? maybe that would work

EDIT: also I cant edit Vincent or Cait Sith in the party tab. a second Cloud and Sephiroth are both there instead?? is this a bug?
« Last Edit: 2013-07-28 23:25:31 by Dii »

sithlord48

• View Profile
    • Blackchocobo
« Reply #962 on: 2013-07-28 23:38:47 »
EDIT: also I cant edit Vincent or Cait Sith in the party tab. a second Cloud and Sephiroth are both there instead?? is this a bug?
It is not a bug when you start a new game before you get Cait Sith or Vincent the spot from them in the save is occupied by young cloud and sephiroth. you can edit them now but when you get to the flash back the game is going to crash. Edit them after you have aquired them.

As for the steam thing.. i dont have ff7 for steam . i will get it if donations cover it. i am not promising it will work better after i do. aparently they changed something in the launcher so that it eats your saves if you edit them (this doesn't happen in the 2012 or 98 version of the game). when i have the game i should be able to fix this quickly .

Donations toward Steam version: $4.50 out of $11.99 needed.

in the mean time of you have the steam copy and wish to edit saves open the ff7 launcher first then edit your saves.

Dii

• View Profile
« Reply #963 on: 2013-07-28 23:45:00 »
ah, I had already got all the characters on my original steam saved file but this still happened, (since it ate that save after i edited what i could to get my self back to where i was before this whole mess began)

I will gladly donate the entire fund to you if you can help with this, I can tell such an amazing amount of work has gone into this program. guh, means id need to find my card reader... i'll have a look for it tomorow.

Dii

• View Profile
« Reply #964 on: 2013-07-29 17:22:09 »
mm... it seems im not allowed to send personal messages?

sithord how do you want the donation sending to you?

Covarr

• Covarr-Let
  • Administrator
  • Just Covarr. No "n".
    • View Profile
« Reply #965 on: 2013-07-29 17:31:54 »
sithlord48, that link is to an in-progress session; it won't work for new sessions. I assume you got it from sourceforge? The SF link includes a redirect, but you need to share the original.

Dii, if you want to donate, you can do so here.

Template

• View Profile
« Reply #966 on: 2013-07-29 20:49:19 »
there is a place in the steam folder to put save games too? maybe that would work
Yes. i really think it does but it's a little tricky. I guess I'll put it to the test rq after reinstall steam ff7. 
the path will be like
C:\Users\yournamehere\Documents\Square Enix\FINAL FANTASY VII Steam\user_youruser#\ and the saves are in there. If you mess with them before you hit the launcher it will delete them. If you slip a save in there after the launcher is already running, and then hit play, it will suck it up.

Tested. Works, Turn cloud save feature off. You can't get the cloud to pull up your edited savegames, have to play offline for that I think. Hit play in steam and get the ff7 launcher miniscreen up, turn off cloud saves, and then edit your savegames, hit play.   
« Last Edit: 2013-07-29 21:32:34 by Template »

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #967 on: 2013-07-29 23:33:19 »
Just 2 notes here.

Firstly, the character names won't exceed 9 chars in dialogue even when the savemap has been changed to allow more.  The menu and battle menu will correctly display 11.  To allow up to 11 in dialogue you need to change ff7.exe address 0063200B to cmp ecx,0B for field, and 00769F65 to cmp eax,0B for world map (because they basically copied entire script for field for the world map.  Duh. more than likely yet again because 2 different departments were not in contact)

11 chars is the max, not 12.  If you allow 12, the name will become garbled because there is no room for the FF terminator .  This is probably what is leading to my corruptions.  BC needs to limit to 11 chars also or it will also leak.
« Last Edit: 2013-07-30 00:23:37 by DLPB »

sithlord48

• View Profile
    • Blackchocobo
« Reply #968 on: 2013-07-30 00:31:20 »
ok 11 it is..
« Last Edit: 2013-07-30 02:26:19 by sithlord48 »

Template

• View Profile
« Reply #969 on: 2013-07-30 01:00:26 »
As long as I slip the save in while the steam launcher is already open and I have cloudsaves off, this works fine at a glance. If I try to edit the save without the launcher open, when I open the launcher the save file is deleted.

This is like I downloaded it and tested it in between dinner and giving my kid a bath so, super quick look.

Vegeta_Ss4

• Dark Wizard of the Savegame
    • View Profile
    • Black Chocobo
« Reply #970 on: 2013-07-30 02:36:06 »
New Test Release

Black Chocobo v1.9.79.1127

ChangeLog:
[r1127] (HEAD) by sithlord48
CharEditor: Limit name to 11 chars (12th is always 0xFF)

All new SVN Builds will be on the same link, so i will try to keep it updated...

criminal mind

• View Profile
« Reply #971 on: 2013-07-31 11:30:40 »
@sithlord: sir, thankyou for the program you have created. i was just wondering how come when I edit my saves or i add characters in my party like adding sepiroth.. i always end up stuck in a game script scene.. (ex. when i revisit kalm.. tifa will just look at the place and I cannot move cloud anymore..also, in the marshland area where the beta snake is lurking..when i bypass it and enter the cave for the first time..it shows the scene where a large snake is hanging ..tifa will again look at the place and i am not able to move cloud anymore...)... is this what you call as error since i altered the characters and the save game locations and their stats? thanks sir, i am glad that this forum is still alive after almost 3 years =)

sithlord48

• View Profile
    • Blackchocobo
« Reply #972 on: 2013-08-01 03:46:06 »
@sithlord: sir, thankyou for the program you have created. i was just wondering how come when I edit my saves or i add characters in my party like adding sepiroth.. i always end up stuck in a game script scene.. (ex. when i revisit kalm.. tifa will just look at the place and I cannot move cloud anymore..also, in the marshland area where the beta snake is lurking..when i bypass it and enter the cave for the first time..it shows the scene where a large snake is hanging ..tifa will again look at the place and i am not able to move cloud anymore...)... is this what you call as error since i altered the characters and the save game locations and their stats? thanks sir, i am glad that this forum is still alive after almost 3 years =)

Answer:
This is what happens when you do things the game was not made for. Playing with sephiroth in your party,bringing aerith back from the dead , etc. the field scripts break sometimes because of a missing character, extra characters who are not in the field being there.Some locations just run a specific event without checking any progression varible before doing it. Some locations check several progression varibles .some are using these vaules to do things like track the stage of the smoke animation from a chimney , or the movement a windmill.Place an item on the field or trigger an event. The main Progression or any sub progression varible(s) used in the locations script could be set to values the field is not expecting and halt the script or cause unExpected behaviors.

And now About Progression:
One day we might be able to set all the progression items correctly so you could really reset your game to any location. the problem is there are alot of these varibles  being used in field scripts that need to be identified. To further complicate identification some need to be set in conjunction with others for scripts to not break or events to happen. Some Scripts may even reuse the same Varibles that a previous script used. Then there is the useablility issue of progression. The vast amount of data that we would present to the user so many checkboxes and spinboxes that we would boggle the mind of anyone attempting to use it. Scroll For like 10 Minutes Before you reach the end of the list.

Long lists of checkboxes like

[ ]MD1STIN:Potion1
[ ]MD1STIN:Potion2
[ ]EALS_1: Cover Materia

are not very useful because who knows what map MD1STIN is? would it Make anymore sence using perhaps the locations ID instead of the filename? no list of checkboxes can really be that helpful for progression (and item flags)  since most people don't know every single map by its filename, we don't remember (or know) that MD1STIN is the starting platform or that EALS_1 is outside of aerith's house. i really think it can be presented much better something like this mock up. the locationViewer would show progression and item flags that are used on the selected location. the first step for this goal is to create a dataclass (or two) that can provide this info to the locationViwer much like the FF7Location Class does for the location data, but for Progress and Item flags. then it would be as simple as finding out what goes to what fields and show them when the location is selected. Finding out progression can be a bit of work since. it used to be trial and error of do something , see what changed , reset , look for event again , etc.. it can be easier now with Makou Reactor since we can read the field scripts for locations. slight problems exist like  the varibles displayed in makou reactor don't exactly lineup w/ the savemap in much more then chunks. some are identified for example var[15][0]-[15][224] in makou reactor is z_38:12 - z_38:236 in black chocobo.(turns out that not completely true after more testing.) now that the block data is known to identify data in those areas easily someone could load up makou reactor and search for uses of Var[15] and see what items are picked up from what fields (i.e z_38[45]:7 = slfrst_2: Kajata materia). Any data submitted will be placed into the savemap and then into black chocobo for testing and eventally when varified on to the savemap here @ qhimm's wiki (since i update that one as well)
« Last Edit: 2013-08-09 14:11:55 by sithlord48 »

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #973 on: 2013-08-01 03:52:52 »
You can use Otyugh to tell you the map ID and progression value (and edit this) in real time.  I can also easily add the field name to that, as I have done for BoxFF7.  That at least makes things easier in realtime.

criminal mind

• View Profile
« Reply #974 on: 2013-08-01 09:09:34 »
@sithlord48:  oh man,    i should give respect to you sir...bow down... you are very knowledgeable of the technicalities of programming...i understand that there are a lot of variables involved that is why i always end up freezing at one point of the storyline...however, i just made a shortcut by just using my old save data in my memory card where all the storyline and scripts are accomplished...i am enjoying using blackchocobo especially when sephiroth and aeris is on my party and engaging a fight with emerald weapon..but the thing is i cannot control sephiroth  ;D    i was wondering..wishful thinking if is there anyway in the future version of BC we can have the option to control sephiroth during in battles? i know it is possible with all your GODLY power sir sith...  8-)       may the force be with you sir. thanks and more power