Author Topic: Game Converter 7H.exe can't find my installation file....?  (Read 26674 times)

Akawashi

• View Profile
Re: Game Converter 7H.exe can't find my installation file....?
« Reply #25 on: 2016-10-04 18:59:57 »
Ok, i have uninstalled,
deleted the data in appdata
deleted teh registrys for valve
and also the square enix folder in documents.

run fff reg cleaner.
run CCleaner

now i've installed Steam again.
installing FF7 now.
Then i'm going to run the converter and see what happens.

EDIT:
Didin't work...
It there a way i can make regkeys or do the converters job manually (i see a nice sprinkles folder within the exe... and i have ahex editor and Notepad++)

Or can i alter the .bat somehow? (i know how to edit it, just not what to edit it to)
« Last Edit: 2016-10-04 19:25:51 by Akawashi »

coreag

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2016-10-06 22:24:03 »
I am having the same exact problem as you. Are you using Windows 10? If so I think it is a Windows 10 issue. I tried using both the steam version and downloading Toms Installer and getting the same problem with it just saying Find FF7 Game Converter. I do know if you are using winrar or any other extractor, you can right click on FF7 Game Converter and extract the content's into a directory. If you manage to figure out how to get this working after that let me know. I really want to get this working for myself as well.

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
  • Dilly-Dally Shilly-Shally
    • View Profile
    • EQ2Alyza - YouTube Channel
« Reply #27 on: 2016-10-07 01:40:40 »
I do know if you are using winrar or any other extractor, you can right click on FF7 Game Converter and extract the content's into a directory. If you manage to figure out how to get this working after that let me know. I really want to get this working for myself as well.

If you do this, then there is little support I can offer. Sorry, I'm not trying to be awful on purpose or anything, it's just that I don't have the time to do "work arounds" with every individual who has a relatively rare issue. If you find it yourself, please post about it. I fix is still needed though, not just work arounds.

Tsuna

• Global moderator
  • Working together to create awesome things!
    • View Profile
    • The home of Tsunamods
« Reply #28 on: 2016-10-07 05:30:22 »
There's always the chance that if your running Win10 that could be the issue. Try using Tom's installer. He made it for Win10 specifically. You'll find it easy enough if you google qhimm toms installer

coreag

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2016-10-07 20:07:24 »
Here is an example of what I get when I tell it where the install directory is for FF7.

I have tried both Steam and Toms Installer. Both times it does this. I have cleaned my registry after every time i uninstalled FF7 and it still does exactly this after every single try. I use Windows 10.

coreag

• View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 2016-10-07 20:17:46 »
You know what. I take it back. I guess it does seem to work you just have to wait a really long time? Either way after waiting forever I am getting this.

But I do have a drive named that. I downloaded the blank iso and mounted it via Daemon Tools lite.

Akawashi

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 2016-10-08 01:28:35 »
yeah, none of that worked for me, so i'm sticking to the Reunion mod, Anxious heart and Oucho. for now, untill a fix is ready. or 7thHeaven will work with the steam version of ff7 somehow.

Mert7

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 2016-10-08 01:32:59 »
I don't think this issue is win10 specific, I got it working and there was no issues.
Steps I took. I followed the guide.
Downloaded FFVII on steam (to c:/games/) (did not launch it at all)
Downloaded the blank ISO (win10 auto mounted it for me)
Downloaded and ran the game converter from step 1 on tut page (Not the special win10 one)
game converter did NOT auto find the install directory so I manually typed it in. After the prompts it brought up the FFVII config tool and I just kept following instructions.

Nothing special happened, it went completely as expected.
I know Coreag is using windows 10 (like me), and judging from screenshots Akawashi is using windows 7 and they're both having the same issue. There's got to be something else they have in common that's interfering with now this stuff installs.

Tsuna

• Global moderator
  • Working together to create awesome things!
    • View Profile
    • The home of Tsunamods
« Reply #33 on: 2016-10-08 04:05:06 »
You running the converter as admin? Only other thing is keep installing it different places and regcleaning after every attempt

Mert7

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 2016-10-08 04:08:56 »
You have to run it as admin or the thing will freak out at you with red screen and everything.
So yes, I ran it as admin (the second time)

coreag

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 2016-10-08 05:50:11 »
I don't know what the issue was that causes the converter to not function properly, but I solved it by formatting and reinstalling Windows 10. Obviously this isn't optimal for everyone but at least it solved my issue.

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 2016-10-08 07:41:33 »
I don't know what the issue was that causes the converter to not function properly, but I solved it by formatting and reinstalling Windows 10. Obviously this isn't optimal for everyone but at least it solved my issue.

Good! Now, turn off windows updates as they tend screw up the game launch after each one is installed. You honestly don't need them anymore.

Mert7

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 2016-10-08 08:18:17 »
Yeah not always the best policy to ignore updates, they patch security holes and bugs and stuff, and most windows 10 updates are just defender definition files and should not affect how the game launches. Only update I think that may mess with launcher is the win 10 anniversary update which should have come and gone on most machines by now.

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 2016-10-08 08:42:57 »
Matter of opinion and experience on this one. You will run into an FF7 not working after updating, trust me. But you can always run the GC again and choose the Overwrite option. That's specifically why it has that option.

Akawashi

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 2016-10-14 00:25:42 »
Matter of opinion and experience on this one. You will run into an FF7 not working after updating, trust me. But you can always run the GC again and choose the Overwrite option. That's specifically why it has that option.

I have updates installed on my Windows 7 PC... but i didn't think that would be an issue...
but it STILL doesn't give me any overwrite option cos it has no permissions :/

rlbond86

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 2017-01-15 20:01:01 »
FYI, I had the same issue and solved it.

The problem was that I installed a piece of software in my windows PATH variable that superceded FIND.EXE.

If you go to the command line and type "where find" it will give a list of files called find.exe. Delete every one of them execpt the one in C:\Windows\System32. Then the patcher will work.

Sundaybrawl

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 2017-02-20 08:26:52 »
Just wanted to say that did the trick, renaming any other find.exe and running the patcher works flawlessly. Took me a few hours to figure this out and not seeing anything about this issue on the tutorial page or FAQ page. From what I looked at before getting this to work, quite a few people have this issue. Should be put in the FAQ or the tutorial page.

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 2017-02-20 10:28:04 »
Well this is good news. I will be sure to update the FAQ with it :)

Fendera

• Your friendly neighbor :D
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 2017-09-08 11:19:47 »
FYI, I had the same issue and solved it.

The problem was that I installed a piece of software in my windows PATH variable that superceded FIND.EXE.

If you go to the command line and type "where find" it will give a list of files called find.exe. Delete every one of them execpt the one in C:\Windows\System32. Then the patcher will work.

Still no luck, I have only one find.exe and thats the one in the system32 folder..