Author Topic: pack mods from other games imported into ff7  (Read 20902 times)

omega res novae

• previously known as squall8cloud7
    • View Profile
    • omegas mods google docs
pack mods from other games imported into ff7
« on: 2012-09-23 16:55:32 »
there are several custom models out there for other games relevant to ff7 or the ff series. or even just some cool models. im looking at mods for oblivion, skyrim, jedi knight games, fallout, and a few others. if it looks like a weapon id like ff related or not, character models, models that could be used for enemies, or anything of the sort ill try to convert and round up

ill check it textures and models against what i can find to see if its ripped. if its not ripped ill release with the authors permission or 2 weeks without a response.

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B9qnDoTUcFSsLW1na3NyN2VhRTg/edit

the loveless rapier

gizmodeons ultima weapon
« Last Edit: 2012-09-30 20:50:42 by omega res novae »

Vgr

• Global moderator
  • If it quacks like a duck, it must be a duck
    • View Profile
Re: pack mods from other games imported into ff7
« Reply #1 on: 2012-09-23 21:42:12 »
No, this will not be allowed.

More seriously, if this is in another game, this is ripped. If the author agrees, then I think it should be alright.

On another note; Loveless is a good... show. Screw Crisis Core, it deformed the whole plot of FFVII.

omega res novae

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2012-09-23 21:55:27 »
that sword is a mod for oblivion. i already compared the texture and model to those from crisis core and the jedi knight mod. they arent even close to each other. also this author gives permission to do whatever you wish with his mods as long as he is credited. which i have done in the readme.

i understand your concern but i am no fool

the loveless to start https://rapidshare.com/files/2843892099/external mods pack 0.1.zip

Tekkie.X

• Formerly known as DragonNinja
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2012-09-24 00:20:03 »
More seriously, if this is in another game, this is ripped. If the author agrees, then I think it should be alright.

They're custom modeled, they don't come with the game, so they're not ripped.

omega res novae

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2012-09-24 00:26:13 »
thank you for adding that important point.

im only looking for customs. im not looking for rips to put in game and put around. there a quite a bit of mods out there. couple clouds, sephiroths, a tifa, countless weapons and some ones i like for example the sword from gow2, monster hunter, bleach, zabuza'a sword. i can probably find a custom wolf or something that replace red and not look outta place. some monsters can replace enemies. theres alot that can be done.
« Last Edit: 2012-09-24 00:35:15 by omega res novae »

Fischkopf

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2012-09-24 00:47:38 »
No, this will not be allowed.

On another note; Loveless is a good... show. Screw Crisis Core, it deformed the whole plot of FFVII.

I think you misinterunderstood him, he's talking about ORIGINAL content, created by modders for other games that he wants to convert for FFVII. That has nothing to do with ripping.

whitERaven

• when the Raven turns white..
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2012-09-24 01:24:34 »
There are also a lot of custom models and Textures for WC3, I think there are some good models there that can be used here if its possible to convert the models, If I remember correctly the models there are MDX format. I've seen a lot custom weapons there and some are high poly models.. you can check it at hiveworkshop.com
some unit models are low poly but the custom weapons there are good and there tons to choose from..

heres an example Ifrit model by a guy named oniwaga

« Last Edit: 2012-09-24 01:34:49 by whitERaven »

Kaldarasha

• Prince of Model Editing
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2012-09-24 01:38:09 »
I think you misinterunderstood him, he's talking about ORIGINAL content, created by modders for other games that he wants to convert for FFVII. That has nothing to do with ripping.

You have to think about it. You never know if a content was ripped in first place self if the author say that he has done the stuff. Specially if they look close to original stuff.

Tenko Kuugen

• Public Enemy
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #8 on: 2012-09-24 01:39:35 »
You have to think about it. You never know if a content was ripped in first place self if the author say that he has done the stuff. Specially if they look close to original stuff.

it's pretty damn easy to know those things. ripped stuff has fingerprints all over it
by that logic, no game that allows mods would be able to actually do so because it would be a giant copyright infringement trap

Kaldarasha

• Prince of Model Editing
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2012-09-24 02:06:22 »
If you have the knowledge about it: yes. But not every like me knows stuff like that.  What I want to say is, if you unsure: get the hands off. If you sure: give it to me!
But really the discussion about ripping was figth over hundred times... we shouldn't start something like that again.

But honestly the idea using moding content from other games isn't bad, maybe it helps to rework on enemy models.

Tenko Kuugen

• Public Enemy
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #10 on: 2012-09-24 02:11:35 »
assets from other games? no
mods from other games? yes

LeonhartGR

• ~Whatever...~ Enjoy life!
    • View Profile
    • LeonhartGR Productions
« Reply #11 on: 2012-09-24 02:37:00 »
Awesome! Thank you Omega!

omega res novae

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2012-09-24 10:40:59 »
i am aware that i should make sure that models arent ripped. i have the majority of these games that the models would be ripped from. if they can rip it so can i to check it. if i am not sure i will collaborate with someone. white raven had the right idea. if there are games with tons of mods let me know and ill look into it. no reason arguing. i will check the models i upload. if you have reason to suspect that i uploaded ripped content let me know and i will take it down and remove it.

whitERaven

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2012-09-24 11:39:29 »
I've spent sometime in that forum, the modding community for wc3 there is huge and almost every week you'll see a new custom model/spell effects/weapon/textures..

So .. is it possible to port modded wc3 models to ff7??

you should check out the custom spell effects if we could use it here it'l be awesome.

omega res novae

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2012-09-24 11:48:19 »
spells and such i am not too sure how to do that. it looks like a tex file that has parts that go in sequential order but im not sure. if there are tools to extract the model to a standard format like an obj or 3ds i can. which there should be. there are quite a few guns packs out there for fallout. i can add them for vincent. nexus some checks themselves. some mods there arent available because theyre "being reviewed by a moderator" the multipiece models will take more time to do. weapons can be done in 15 minuts or less depending on how many textures they use

whitERaven

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2012-09-24 12:05:22 »
there's an mdx - obj converter to convert wc3 files to obj [http://wi-fizzle.com/downloads/wc3/modelconv.zip] I guess you can start from there.. there are a range of available weapons there

from medieval swords

to modern guns..

they even have this gauntlets we can use for tifa..

omega res novae

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2012-09-24 12:38:46 »
there are hundreds of swords for oblivion and skyrim. im getting the ones that stick out. the buster swords is saw arent amazing so ill only do the kingdom hearts one i saw. heres a few im looking at.

monster hunter swords
http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/6429
http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/10051
« Last Edit: 2012-09-30 15:11:27 by omega res novae »

FF74EVER

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2012-09-24 21:57:41 »
This is gonna be awesome!!! :):):):)

omega res novae

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2012-09-30 15:12:37 »

finished this one. unfortunately i couldnot get the transparency on it but still looks pretty cool. ill upload it soon

Recko

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2012-10-19 08:29:23 »
You can use the models since there not ripped but you still need the OK from the authors of the models if your porting them into another game.

Some people dont like it because it means they dont get the credit for it the person who ports it does and thats no different from stealing the credit for the model itself.

So just ask if you can, if you get the ok then go hard.
Just don't forget to mention who actually made the model and who did the textures when releasing them
« Last Edit: 2012-10-20 11:57:41 by Recko »

xxxgodz

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2012-10-26 18:36:33 »
You know, i always wondered why people didn't just port custom models from other games into this game. Most mods are made from scratch and as long as permission is given from the author, its perfectly legal. All of the credible mod sights make sure that all mods that are uploaded are not ripped from games and are custom made by the authors of course, because of copyright. As a popular mod sight, they don't want to get sued either. Most people don't mind their mods being used in other games or being retextured/changed as long as they are credited for the work somewhere in the mod desription. There are some very skilled mod makers out there besides the ones on this forum. I did play a lot of pc games like skyrim, oblivion, witcher, fallout, and there are countless mods for all those games that are of high quality. I just always thought maybe the process for creating mods and putting them into FF7 was too difficult because the game is so old so no one really bothered to create/port custom mods into the game. But if it is possible and not difficult to do, it's about damn time someone decided to do it.

O yeah one more thing. There are some models that are ripped from the witcher game on the nexus but its fine because CD Projekt RED is cool and said that it was perfectly fine. They wanted more publicity for their games and a good way was to allow for its content to be put in other games. Why not right? That's about the only company that recently gave permission for game content to be ripped that i know of. Anyways good luck. My pc is broken and im currently too busy to put any time and money into fixing it. (on a laptop atm) Hope this importing experiment is successful and goes well. Would love to see some pics too if it is successful.

Tekkie.X

• Formerly known as DragonNinja
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2012-10-26 19:17:07 »
The STALKER devs have also allowed assets from the three STALKER games to be ported, Microsoft has a fair usage policy for some of their games, Mojang allows Minecraft content to be ported as long as you give proper credit.

Tenko Kuugen

• Public Enemy
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #22 on: 2012-10-26 20:08:01 »
time to hit SL and corsair and see if we can't adjust the rules for stuff where the creators are giving free reign for non commercial modding

ajthedj747

• Looking Forward to 2017
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2012-10-27 05:56:17 »

http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/6429
http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/10051
Thank you so much. I am going to install these to my PC version of TESV Skyrim when I get the chance. I have been looking for the Ultima Sword mod based from the model from Dissida FF for awhile now. Danke  :?:

Recko

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2012-10-27 07:27:08 »
Yea Microsoft are actually one of the few company's that allow alot of there content to be used for mods etc...

I don't get why Square is so uptight though, If they actually supported half of the mods being made out there for popular games they could pay the modders a commission and release it instead of shutting them down.

Take Gary's Mod for HL2 it originaly was free now steam fully supports it and is selling it - profit for the modder and them