Poll

Which one the following do you fans out there prefer to be done;

Replace Sephiroth with Cloud, so you chase the evil Cloud around
5 (45.5%)
Give current Sephiroth a color makeover and treat him as a Sephiroth clone that gone mad
6 (54.5%)

Total Members Voted: 10

Voting closed: 2011-11-15 17:44:45

Author Topic: FF7 complete sephiroth patch - need poll answers from fans  (Read 4827 times)

GF-san

• View Profile
Hi guys,

I'm running this poll for 7 days. Till then I skip all the nibelheim stuff and continue on with my project. I'm not going to explain it all in this topic, if you want to know more of the project click here:
http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=12542.0

Poll option 1 = the standard way all the sephiroth patches work, sephiroth gets replaced with cloud, so then sephiroth chases the evil cloud around the world

Poll option 2 = new way, cloud gets replaced with sephiroth of course but sephiroth (the real npc in game) gets a make over and will be a ''evil'' clone/split personality that you (sephiroth with original colors) chase around.

Remember, your opinion matter, because my method of building animations and replacing models means we can build something different then those old dated sephiroth patches. Most votes count and I will work with that.

SO choose, every member can vote and this poll will be up for 7 days. Results will be shown AFTER you have cast your vote.

Untill then my fellow and beloved FF7 fans!

~GF
« Last Edit: 2011-11-08 17:48:19 by GF-san »

obesebear

• View Profile
Were you to make a Sephiroth patch, to me it seems most logical to make Cloud the main bad guy and make his allies like Barret bosses.  The whole game should be changed if the antagonist is now the protagonist because he surely wouldn't be teaming up with Cloud's allies, or probably anyone for that matter.

just my .02

GF-san

• View Profile
Thank you for the input, I share part of that vision :) Let's see how this turns out, much appreciated!

Costa07

• View Profile
option 2

Touph Guy

• View Profile
I also support an evil Cloud.
Perhaps you can change the events at Nibelheim so that Sephiroth remains sane, but Cloud becomes a puppet of Jenova and burns the town.
That way, most of the playable cast remains the same, and you don't have to justify post-madness Sephiroth saving the world.

GF-san

• View Profile
I also support an evil Cloud.
Perhaps you can change the events at Nibelheim so that Sephiroth remains sane, but Cloud becomes a puppet of Jenova and burns the town.
That way, most of the playable cast remains the same, and you don't have to justify post-madness Sephiroth saving the world.

-if- after the poll option 1 get's chosen then your suggestion is indeed what will be carried out. But I do agree with Obesebear that it's weird for Sephiroth to team up with Avalanche. But that's something for in the future. Right now it's most important we can have a completed full Sephiroth patch, after that we can use this technique to actually re-create story lines as it is possible. (but again time consuming, because I'm doing everything alone..)

Shankifer

• Jack of all trades - Master of none!
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
If option 2 is carried out, the game really doesn't need any changes besides text and a few cinematic scenes. Seeing as Sephiroth IS in a way a "replica" (I use the term loosely) of Cloud or the other way around. They are both people caught up in the same predicament, taking two separate routes at a fork in the road. Giving Hojo the textual premise to create a clone of Sephiroth would NOT be difficult at all, and Young Sephiroth could make complete sense in all of Clouds flashbacks because I don't remember Sephiroth being in Clouds Childhood memories. The plot of a Clone gaining self-awareness and a certain Loathing of the world pretty much is what the premise of Sephiroths character already is.

In my honest opinion, option 2 is the most logical (and probably the easier) route to pursue.

To each their own though, I just think the Idea of an evil cloud is silly, and hard to make believable to people who have played the game. I mean, why is this badass dude being tormented by this spiky-headed little asshole in a purple jumpsuit? Just a though ;)

But I wish you the best in either scenario.

GF-san

• View Profile
Option 2 it is. Thank you for the voting.

dkma841

• delete
    • View Profile
Definitely option 2 sounds interesting :)