Author Topic: I played this game so much, but I need a mod to skip dialogue (kalm etc)  (Read 3895 times)

AndyPandy

• View Profile
Hi everyone, just joined here after lurking and enjoying the mods here for a while. Anyway, I know the FF7 story inside out, now I want to play this game just for the battle system (playing hardcore gjoerulv's mod right now) are there any mods that can skip the long ass dialogue that often happens (eg kalm flashback, after jenova death, clouds memories etc etc)? Please tell me something exists for this.

Mabinog

• View Profile
You can speed up the game by 8x on the latest version of The Reunion, but that's the closest thing I'm aware of.

EDIT: Oh, and it also lets you skip FMVs.
« Last Edit: 2020-01-17 23:27:47 by Mabinog »

Rold1940

• View Profile
Yes speeding up the game is the only option I guess.

Matski

• View Profile
Interesting DLPB. Would that be the ability just to skip the Kalm Flashback or to skip scenes with dialogue altogether?

LordUrQuan

• Alpha testing your worst nightmares
  • LOAD "FF2J",8,1
    • View Profile
Just a stab in the dark, but I'm guessing it'll be completely skipping it by adding a script/conversation option at the very beginning, then advancing the GM counter if you do skip.
Edit:  Are you sure you want to skip, though?  There is that elemental materia in Tifa's piano, which can only be acquired if you "jam" on it during the flashback...
« Last Edit: 2020-02-10 19:38:23 by LordUrQuan »

Kaldarasha

• Prince of Model Editing
    • View Profile
The rescue Priscilla minigame should have a hold button script. Maybe it can be used for the select + cancel buttons combo. Btw. I have made a script for a fast travel between the chocobo race and the farm, which you can use if you have a gold ticket.