Author Topic: [FF7PC-98/Steam] Multiple mods and Modding Framework-The Reunion [R06f]  (Read 3008640 times)

unab0mb

• 7th Heaven Crew
    • View Profile
    • 7th Heaven Web Site
Should I make the former optional?

Definitely.  Windows does not like switching modes, at least on many PCs I've used.  Makes things even worse, and I don't want to have to potentially reboot my PC for things to return to normal.

Salk

• View Profile
It seems we are getting close to the (R06's) finishing line.

Excellent!

Liquid_Vegeta

• View Profile
I'm not taking any recommendations regarding dialogue - apart from Caledor, Luksy, Covarr, Green_Goblin, and Charlie Beer.  And that will end with R07 as well.

With non dialogue, as Lord says above - it's down to if an entry is green or red.  All other entries are finalized.

Ah okay, one was a a dialogue issue, but not a recommendation (as I've no idea what should be said), it was just a line before the Reno boss fight in the submarine dock where cloud says "Are we in time?" and it stuck out to me as it seemed a rather unnatural way to say it, not sure if you were aware of it or if it even needs reassessing but thought I'd shout it up all the same.

The other was the move 'Sleep Scale' but I can see that's in white and is finalised.

Really loving my playthrough, this translation is so good! Keep up the great work and best of luck with R06 :)

Also, do you have a twitter handle I can tag you in when tweeting about the mod or a preferred # to use? e.g. #Reunion?

Nopenooneishere

• View Profile
1.6 million results.  "Are we too late" also works, but there's nothing wrong with former.

Just because there are 1.6 million results for "are we in time" doesn't mean that it's proper grammar. It should be "Are we on time?" or as mentioned before, "Are we too late?"

LordUrQuan

• Alpha testing your worst nightmares
  • LOAD "FF2J",8,1
    • View Profile
Just because there are 1.6 million results for "are we in time" doesn't mean that it's proper grammar. It should be "Are we on time?" or as mentioned before, "Are we too late?"
No.  DLPB is correct in this... using "on" represents "Our coworkers are expecting us to attend some really dull meeting at a specified time and location.  Did we arrive at the appointed hour?"  However, using "in" represents "We're madly rushing to hopefully arrive prior to some event that will probably result in Bad Things(tm) if we're late.  Did we beat the clock?"

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile

It's perfect grammar. Also, this is script - so it doesn't even have to be.  It's how people talk. On time is a completely different meaning - as in "on time for a meeting".  You signed up to say that?
« Last Edit: 2019-11-09 04:14:29 by DLPB »

unab0mb

• 7th Heaven Crew
    • View Profile
    • 7th Heaven Web Site

Panzeroceania

• View Profile
I also realized what was causing the frame rate issues I was having.  Aero.  So, Ive added a check to disable Aero on game start and reenable on finish.  That - along with also giving ff7 "above normal" priority.

Should I make the former optional?

Sounds like a perfectly reasonable default for a game. I don't think an option is really necessary

LordUrQuan

• Alpha testing your worst nightmares
  • LOAD "FF2J",8,1
    • View Profile
Sounds like a perfectly reasonable default for a game. I don't think an option is really necessary
It's not a reasonable default, and some people might not like having aero toggling on and off just because they're playing a game.  A well-behaved application shouldn't need to be given special treatment just to resolve screen glitching.  However, given that we're dealing with something that was written over 20 years ago, and work-arounds are already the order of the day, we may not have much of a choice in the matter, at least for a little while  8)

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
I've added an option.  It only applies to Vista and Win 7 anyway.

Liquid_Vegeta

• View Profile
Nah to Twitter - although may open one.

I'd definitely consider it, or potentially just deciding on a hashtag to use, just so all the promotion/feedback is directed in one place.

As for the "in time", cheers for clearing that up, I'm just glad it's intentional.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
When R07 is released, that will be the finalized localization and it will have all proof check fixes + a final walk through from me.  So, anything i pick up that's weird will be changed.  In that case, I don't think there's a problem but I'll scrutinize it when I get there.

Liquid_Vegeta

• View Profile
Grand, I'd maybe suggest changing it from "Are we in time?" to "Did we make it in time?", but go with your gut, it's your mod after all.

I know some people level a lot of criticism and trolling at you but it's pretty clear to me that you've been quite open to suggestions and recommendations throughout the development of Reunion, so ignore the haters, you're doing great.

Sesquipedal

• View Profile
+ a final walk through from me

Any idea at this point if you want to create a "100% everything" walk through sort of deal? 

Just curious as to your present thoughts, I mean who knows you may even decide against making one at all later. 

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
The walk through is a proof check of all the localization and to fix up the boxes.  I'll likely also be recording it to Youtube.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
I'm currently creating an overview help video. Should be done in next few hours.

--off tennis - video one is done.  20 min long.  I'll do next when back then upload to Youtube.
« Last Edit: 2019-11-11 17:59:32 by DLPB »

Kilo

• View Profile
Can I please have a download to R05? I was very much looking forward to playing the game retranslated today and I don't see the point of completely removing the mod from the internet until the new one is out. Why not just keep 5 there until 6 is out?

Sesquipedal

• View Profile
Why not just keep 5 there until 6 is out?

I think he just wants us to have the best version he can make -- since it's imminent, could be any time, so hang tight!

Kilo

• View Profile
The status has been "very soon" for months now and it was supposed to be released on October 1st, "hanging tight" is not reliable at all. There's no good reason to restrict the whole project from the entire internet just because there's an improvement in sight. All I ask for is a download link. People have complained about him doing this as far back as 2015, this is a problem that shouldn't exist.
« Last Edit: 2019-11-11 19:23:21 by Kilo »

Caledor

• [ITA]
    • View Profile
    • Facebook Page
The status has been "very soon" for months now and it was supposed to be released on October 1st, "hanging tight" is not reliable at all. There's no good reason to restrict the whole project from the entire internet just because there's an improvement in sight. All I ask for is a download link. People have complained about him doing this as far back as 2015, this is a problem that shouldn't exist.

You're right about one thing: this is a problem that doesn't exist cause right below this thread there's another one with the download links you want.

Kilo

• View Profile
I don't know what you mean by "below the thread" since I don't really know how to navigate old forum sights so could you be more specific or link me to said thread? Thanks in advance.
« Last Edit: 2019-11-11 19:49:59 by Kilo »

Caledor

• [ITA]
    • View Profile
    • Facebook Page
The forum sections are right above the posts of this page. All you need to do is go back to FF7 Other Mod Releases

d1474796

• View Profile
« Reply #4973 on: 2019-11-11 21:00:28 »
« Last Edit: 2019-11-22 08:33:41 by Lorath »

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
It's simple, people.  Just ignore it and certainly don't quote it.