Author Topic: Swap Field models PSX problem  (Read 5492 times)

Jeet

• View Profile
Swap Field models PSX problem
« on: 2013-07-16 18:49:34 »
Hi, i have a problem with the BCX and BSX format, ( field format for the psx) i wanted to " copy " the sephiroth  patch but for the psx version, since i have no basics of hexediting and modding , i just swapped the models( with CDprog): cloud battle model with sephiroth 's, its work , and he is controllable without code, but the problem is for the field texture, i can remplace cloud field model with anyone , barret , tifa, vincent, etc, without crash ( just some animation are buggy but its still work).

The reason i post here an help is because i DONT FIND sephiroth BCX, i supposed he dont have one , and his field model is  BSX probably, i know its must be easy on PC since all the field models are in one folder but for the PSX i dont understand, i spend 10 hours for this searching a solution,so now i ask for  help: Someone know how to find sephiroth BSX and convert it to BCX?

(i know playing on pc would resolve this but i only play rpg on psp,i really cant play ff7 on pc)

xLostWingx

• No Comment
    • View Profile
    • FFVII Lost Wing Mod/Hacks
Re: Swap Field models PSX problem
« Reply #1 on: 2013-07-16 19:01:34 »
Hey Jeet.  There are some others that will likely be able to help you with this moreso than I can, but just to be clear...

Which Sephiroth patch are you trying to do this with?

Depending on which one you're talking about, I'd think it would be possible to mod the PSX version this way.  However, it looks like you're trying to mod the PSX version this way then convert it to be playable on your PSP.  A Word of Warning!  The vast majority of players attempting to use natively PSX compatible mods and then convert them to PSP have been met with FAILURE.  If you're trying to convert a PC mod to a PSX mod then convert that into the PSP version you could be in for a lot more frustration!  Good luck though.

Jeet

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2013-07-16 19:09:50 »
Ty for your fast answer, i dont want to do the exact "sephiroth patch" , all i want is to replacer cloud field model with sephiroth 's, ( for the battle model its very easy i even can do it with gameshark) but for the field i was forced to modify the ISO , and swap cloud model with sephiroth, but like i said i dont find it, ( i dont want to replace animation etc, just the field model) and i think its possible without bug since i did it for vincent, right now im playing vincent as the main character, in field and in battle, all of this on my psp, and i dont have any crash yet it is working, that why i want to do the same but with sephiroth field model, ( the animation when cloud jump or sit down for example are buggy, but the game dont crash and work)

vayneruel

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2013-07-16 22:36:52 »
The BSX file contains a model of a field and BCX contains a world map model, if you want change Cloud for Sephiroth you replaced the model of Cloud contains in all BSX files

Jeet

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2013-07-16 22:55:01 »
I think i dont really understand what your saying, but basicly i changed ONLY cloud BCX , into vincent BCX ( nothing more) and now i play as vincent in all the game i dont need to convert anything else, like i said, only the cutscene animation of vincent are buggy but the normal game run perfectly, i even  Swaped cloud battle model into Chaos, who is controllable this way. ( but i cant use Satan slam, he is buggy i dunno why,   Chaos saber and the magic and summon command works )

So all i want is to do the same but with sephiroth model field, i know someone realized a mod for PSX remplacing cloud field model by a shinra soldier, so its possible to remplace it by sephiroth model for psx, i just need to know how to find this sephiroth field model ( unlike vincent ' s one he is not easy to find since he is not a BCX, im not a pro in moding but like i said i think i have to convert the BSX file containing sephiroth field model into a BCX file, but i dont know how to do that, i dont even know where is this sephiroth BSX file..)

Kaldarasha

• Prince of Model Editing
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2013-07-17 06:49:08 »
Sephiroth model is stored within the scenes for PSX. Because it's not so often needed.

Jeet

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2013-07-17 10:47:30 »
That what i was thinking too, that he dont have a BCX because he is only once in our party , but what you mean exactly by within the scene ?  ( even if i find it , how do i convert it to a bcx file?)

EDIT: i found a sephiroth model in a nibeilheim area,using makou reactor program, then with CDprog i extracted the file where i saw this model with  (i suppose that what you was talking about with " scenes= area"?) i found clad , many other characters and sephiroth's model in this file, but now how can i just take sephiroth's model from this BSX? and convert it to a BCX?
« Last Edit: 2013-07-17 11:05:31 by Jeet »

vayneruel

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2013-07-17 11:26:16 »
Exactly, not exist a Sephiroth BCX file, his model is contain in a BSX file, so you have a located the model into BSX and change for the Cloud BCX.

Kaldarasha

• Prince of Model Editing
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2013-07-17 11:43:18 »
Hmm...
http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=8969.msg118458#msg118458
They talking about a converter tool, but there is now download.

Jeet

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2013-07-17 11:56:42 »
He said " Almost finish new field model exporter. Now it uses all the files that contain model data (BSX/BCX/TDB/DAT)"

I think thats what i need but like you said, i dont see any download for such a things, i dont understand him, is this person is still active on the site?

@Vayneruel : the problem is the BSX file is full of many other field model ( all the npc of the area are in the BSX) so i cant do this, i need something to extrat only one field model from a BSX before put it in CLOUD.BCX emplacement.