Author Topic: [PSX/PC] Save Editor - Black Chocobo (v1.15)  (Read 1001247 times)

nobuyuki

• View Profile
Re: [RELEASE v1.9.7]: Black Chocobo - FF7 Save Game Editor
« Reply #850 on: 2013-04-06 06:08:15 »
guys, I have problem with converting from epsxe to PC save....
1. I tried convert epsxe000.mcr to save00.ff7 using FF7 Converter (I download it from zophard.net) and result FF7 PC can't recognize and delete automatically my save00.ff7!
2. I tried converting epsxe000.mcr using Chochobo Black to save00.ff7 and everything seems work, but again FF7 PC can't recognize my save00.ff7 and delete it automatically...

Why it goes like that? Chocobo Black support converting epsxe to PC save, right?
Here my epsxe save game, maybe you need this for analyze. FF7 in slot 7 : http://rghost.net/45077995

sithlord48

• Dark Lord of the Savegame
    • View Profile
    • Blackchocobo
« Reply #851 on: 2013-04-06 13:23:25 »
Are u using pc2012? if you are you need to use the cloud save exporter. Select your file and the path to your save folder . its usually documents\square enix\ff7\user_<some numbers> if you don't have the new user folder have the game make a save . also if you save or export to a folder that contains metadata.XML black chocobo will automatic add edit you metadata using the detected user id from the files path.

nobuyuki

• View Profile
« Reply #852 on: 2013-04-06 17:11:38 »
yes, i'm using FF7 PC 2012...
what is "user_<some numbers>" ?? I can't found it everywhere, here my save path c:\document & settings\computer\my document\square enix\ff7\
even i tried save in-game but still there's no "user_<some numbers>" thing created, how to get that user id?

sithlord48

• View Profile
    • Blackchocobo
« Reply #853 on: 2013-04-06 20:39:26 »
When the game creates a save it should make that folder and that is the place it will store your saves.

nobuyuki

• View Profile
« Reply #854 on: 2013-04-07 00:55:25 »
it works now, thanks so much! ^^

steelass117

• Defeating a sandwich,only makes it tastier
    • View Profile
« Reply #855 on: 2013-04-10 14:10:47 »
Let me see if i got this right
to save on the Re-release you have to use the create cloud save folder then direct it to the save path it should automatically get your SE i.d from the folder   and then add the save file on the bottom  ?
correct me if i'm wrong  :-D but that seems simple enough

I have been using Black Chocobo for a while now and i must say i am amazed as to how far it has come  :mrgreen:

Great job man   ;D
« Last Edit: 2013-04-10 15:14:48 by steelass117 »

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #856 on: 2013-04-10 20:46:41 »

sithlord48

• View Profile
    • Blackchocobo
« Reply #857 on: 2013-04-11 04:37:01 »
http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=14186.msg198299#msg198299

I think that needs updating.  No biggie...

i have suspected this was incorrect for sometime. i have just not looked in to it. the "XYZ" coordnates come directly from jenova and was one of the many things that qhimm had in his struct and didn't use. it will take some time to do as all locations in FF7Location have an XYZ coordinate of a sane place to put the player if they choose to port to that location. if these values can't be converted then they need to be collect the same as i did to get the xyz values..  with a bit of luck perhaps we can get this ready for 1.9.8 along with the other stuff that has been fixed since. 1.9.7 (all changes from this revision)

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #858 on: 2013-04-11 12:45:05 »
Also, your X Y values end up being really large like 65535...  but the 2 byte values are signed in the game.  They can be negative numbers :)

Zack has been spelled Zach also.
--------

The X Y T values are the only ones I see saved in the game.  When you load the game, those are the 3 that are placed in the save map together.  I am not sure if Z is just calculated from those, or whether it is saved elsewhere.  In any case, your X Y T values, apart from the ones that need to be signed, are correct.
« Last Edit: 2013-04-11 12:56:02 by DLPB »

sithlord48

• View Profile
    • Blackchocobo
« Reply #859 on: 2013-04-11 13:17:22 »
As I said earlier they haven't been touched from jenova they were unsigned then and remain unsigned still. Making them signed will be easy . I'll see if I can update this after work tonight

sithlord48

• View Profile
    • Blackchocobo
« Reply #860 on: 2013-04-12 14:54:41 »
Locations XYT are now being updated also direction for field is now supported. have about 200 locations left to update. users of the daily ppa should get an update tomarrow. the rest of you will have to wait untill 1.9.8 is released. if you have found any bugs in 1.9.7 please report them so i can test/fix them for 1.9.8.

i might have vegetaSS4 build a preview for windows testing before 1.9.8 comes out..

Vegeta_Ss4

• Dark Wizard of the Savegame
    • View Profile
    • Black Chocobo
« Reply #861 on: 2013-04-15 20:02:53 »
Locations XYT are now being updated also direction for field is now supported. have about 200 locations left to update. users of the daily ppa should get an update tomarrow. the rest of you will have to wait untill 1.9.8 is released. if you have found any bugs in 1.9.7 please report them so i can test/fix them for 1.9.8.

i might have vegetaSS4 build a preview for windows testing before 1.9.8 comes out..

Oh who call my name :P

I'm back on track. Sure, I 'll build a preview whenever you need.
« Last Edit: 2013-04-15 20:56:58 by Vegeta_Ss4 »

sithlord48

• View Profile
    • Blackchocobo
« Reply #862 on: 2013-04-16 14:12:57 »
i think the time maybe soon ill talk to you later via some IM and will figure out our release plan . talk to you soon :P

remanifest

• View Profile
« Reply #863 on: 2013-04-21 18:43:31 »
First, thank you for making this great tool!

I'm hitting a problem that I didn't have before...

I'm using the Linux version of Black Chocobo to edit saves (.mcd files, using fpse Android emulator).  When I first started the game, I made some pretty heavy mods to the savegame with no problems.

Now I'm on Disc 2, and any modifications whatsoever make give me a bad checksum and make the game tell me that the file is ruined.  Any ideas how to fix this?  It seems to have popped up out of nowhere.  Happy to send my mcd file to you if it would help.

remanifest

• View Profile
« Reply #864 on: 2013-04-21 19:18:11 »
Just to update, I went into a Windows copy and installed 1.9.7 from there with the same results.  I've tried exporting the saves to a new file, with the same results.  I have even tried 1.9.6 - not sure what else to do.

sithlord48

• View Profile
    • Blackchocobo
« Reply #865 on: 2013-04-21 23:32:26 »
there is no reason for this mcd support and checksuming the saves is well tested. please do post your mcd file.
 if possible you should try to use the version from the ff7-daily repo (its a daily build ) and see if the issue happens with that version.  its the same as building from svn

remanifest

• View Profile
« Reply #866 on: 2013-04-22 00:57:38 »
Thanks for your quick reply - I just tried the daily ppa just before I read your reply, with the same result...

Here is my original (working) mcd, and here is the newly modified (corrputed) mcd.  Any help you can provide would be great, thank you!

Edited to add:  the offending slot is the second slot in each mcd.
« Last Edit: 2013-04-22 01:00:03 by remanifest »

sithlord48

• View Profile
    • Blackchocobo
« Reply #867 on: 2013-04-22 14:22:48 »
ok so here are my initial findings..

your save is indeed broken in the checksum (or appers to be) . so i converted it to FF7PC format using Bc (same check sum calculated: 0F36) . it opens correctly in FF7 PC  . so i saved it (new checksum because of time) . then manually copy that data into your mcd file slot and it still don't load in the psx version!!!  i don't think that blackchocobo is to blame here. the same problem happened without blackchocobo calculating the checksum.  i used a hexeditor to paste the slot from PC to psx. these data types are identical other then extra data for the psx memcard format that does not need to be changed (icon and entry in the memcard index). here are the two possibilities i have come up with.

either the psx emulation is failing in this corner case.
or
the Psx itself has a problem loading this data( i will test on a real psx later).

here is my PC save  and my new MCD save

can you please tell me what changes you made to the file?
« Last Edit: 2013-04-22 14:24:30 by sithlord48 »

remanifest

• View Profile
« Reply #868 on: 2013-04-22 16:29:09 »
Thanks again for working on this.

I had just made some basic changes to materia and items.  I just tried one more thing - I took my original, working save file and opened it up in Black Chocobo, and saved it right away without making changes to any settings.  I'm still getting the "file is ruined" error without changing anything... I don't understand?

I also rolled my emulator back to a previous version where I know it was working off a Black Chocobo save file.  Is it a problem that Cloud is not in my main party now?  Cid is the party lead now.

sithlord48

• View Profile
    • Blackchocobo
« Reply #869 on: 2013-04-23 23:06:29 »
it fails on a real psx . but if i use export to PSX it works... reviewing the code i don't see how they should be different. but ill see what i can find and attempt to fix it for 1.9.8 if there is indeed an issue found.

LightAcolyte

• View Profile
« Reply #870 on: 2013-05-02 02:02:25 »
For some reason, I am not able to click on anything in Black Chocobo after loading up a save file?

sithlord48

• View Profile
    • Blackchocobo
« Reply #871 on: 2013-05-02 16:43:06 »
For some reason, I am not able to click on anything in Black Chocobo after loading up a save file?
if you can click when you open the program you can already click after a save file was opened (new game is opened on load). what OS are you using this on and what version of Black Chocobo are you using?

Ragnarok

• View Profile
« Reply #872 on: 2013-05-10 00:20:49 »
hey sithlord do you know if black chocobo will work on the new version of ff7 square enix made properly?

wrxracer1983

• View Profile
« Reply #873 on: 2013-05-10 04:26:48 »
Good evening gents, and thanks for putting this editor together for one of my all time favs.  I have tried the workaround for the ps3 save but I'm having some issues.  I'm using my psp as my flashdrive, and I copied my FF7 psv save to it, then imported and edited that in BC.  When exporting, I tried as raw psx save.  All of my save are PAL region (BASLUS) and exporting as raw psx saves it as BASCUS.  I went with it anyway, and exported back to my psp.  Then I booted my ps2 with ulaunchelf, and copied the file to the memory card (mcpaste).  This is where I found the second issue.  The other game saves I have on this card are listed as folders, each with 3 files within.  The save I copied is just one file, so its not like the others.  Again, I went with it, and stuck the card into the ps3 adapter, but the save file doesn't show up at all.  Needless to say there's a step I missed somewhere and would appreciate any insight.  The funny thing is I only needed this to get Aeris' Umbrella and Cid's Flayer, haha.

Again, I appreciate all the work put into this program, you guys rock!

sithlord48

• View Profile
    • Blackchocobo
« Reply #874 on: 2013-05-10 14:54:28 »
BASCUS is NTSC us version. you should be exporting one of the BESCES region codes. (depending on what pal version you have). double check that the region under the Edit menu matches your games region. when you do an export of a raw psx type BC will name the file based on the region string. There is a bug in 1.9.7 the edit menu will show BASLUS but it does set it correctly internally and should also pick the correct name when saving (also be sure to use 1.9.7)

for your second issue it sounds like your copying to a ps2 memory card they use a different structure for saving data then PS1 saves did all ps1 saves are flat files the ps2 / ps3 saves are usually in a folder. im not sure if you can use a ps2 memory card to copy the data back to the ps3.