Author Topic: [FF7PC-98/Steam] New Threat Mod (v2.0.99994)  (Read 4837521 times)

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
Re: [FF7PC-98/Steam] New Threat Mod (v1.5)
« Reply #8100 on: 2019-06-24 23:43:44 »
I like to thank you for this MOD, I was just wondering is there a ETA of 2.0 version of this MOD. Thank you you in advanced.

I'm not sure, I'd like it to be done by the end of next month but that's probably optimistic. I've got FF8 NT on the go as well.

Yuffie1983

• View Profile
« Reply #8101 on: 2019-06-25 06:44:21 »
I'm not sure, I'd like it to be done by the end of next month but that's probably optimistic. I've got FF8 NT on the go as well.

Hey no rush man, you sound like you are giving yourself too much to do, again great MOD. And I will try FF VIII new threat MOD soon as well.

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #8102 on: 2019-06-25 20:55:17 »
Updated the installer + IRO:
-) Ending behaviour was bugged, I removed the check causing it. Ending will play if on normal mode, church scene will play if on Arrange mode.

-) Dragon Force couldn't be learned due to its targeting behaviour.

kelberot

• View Profile
« Reply #8103 on: 2019-06-25 23:25:59 »
Hey, I posted this on the reunion thread but I'm not sure where I should be asking for support.

Love the mod, I can't see myself playing without it, however using in conjuction with The Reunion (latest ver) is making the random encounters in shinra HQ bug out, is there anything I can do to fix this other than installing NT after Reunion?

any random encounter on floor 68 will result in a crash and on floor 67 any random encounter will bring up the turks who will take no action, forcing me to alt f4 out of it, this only happens when using both mods at the same time (with Reunion being installed last)

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #8104 on: 2019-06-26 17:27:07 »
Hey, I posted this on the reunion thread but I'm not sure where I should be asking for support.

Love the mod, I can't see myself playing without it, however using in conjuction with The Reunion (latest ver) is making the random encounters in shinra HQ bug out, is there anything I can do to fix this other than installing NT after Reunion?

any random encounter on floor 68 will result in a crash and on floor 67 any random encounter will bring up the turks who will take no action, forcing me to alt f4 out of it, this only happens when using both mods at the same time (with Reunion being installed last)

Sounds like wrong encounters, which'll be either a scene/kernel lookup problem or it'll be the default encounter tables being used by Reunion overriding the NT ones.

Scene/kernel is relatively easy to fix, you open the scene.bin with the Proud Clod tool and click File/Save (or may be File/Create on older versions, but it's effectively the same function). A prompt asking to check the kernel will appear and picking yes will have the tool check; if it isn't synched, it'll then offer to sort it out (which you'd click yes again).

If you're playing the steam version, bear in mind that there are two kernels; one in data/kernel, and the other in data/lang-en/kernel. Steam uses that second one but I think PrC will check for the first one by default so after synching, just copy-paste the corrected data/kernel over the data/lang-en/kernel. Definitely try this step before checking the flevel.

If the problem is in flevel then this'll take more time. If you've hard-patched these with installers, and not used 7H, then a manual fix is probably the only option at the moment. That would involve getting the makou reactor tool and opening two instances of it; one on NT's base flevel, and the other on your reunion + NT patched flevel.

You'd then go through each field and check the encounter tables against each other, correcting the NT-Reunion encounter table to use the base NT one. That'll fix the encounters at least.

To get a copy of the base NT flevel, make a copy of your data folder and run the NT installer over it.

manconauta

• View Profile
« Reply #8105 on: 2019-06-26 17:52:55 »
how do you get the Dragon Force enemy skill? I manipulate the north crater dragon, if I target my party with the spell, he uses it on himself (?). I tried hitting him with Reflect and Confu to no avail.

kelberot

• View Profile
« Reply #8106 on: 2019-06-26 19:12:34 »
wow, thanks for such an in depth answer Sega Chief, I'll get right on it. Right now I had given up and was playing with just NT but I'll try to work this out. tyvm!

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #8107 on: 2019-06-26 21:38:44 »
how do you get the Dragon Force enemy skill? I manipulate the north crater dragon, if I target my party with the spell, he uses it on himself (?). I tried hitting him with Reflect and Confu to no avail.

The update I put yesterday out should allow for Dragon Force to be targeted on the party now via Manipulate; is it still not working?

Hikonoia

• View Profile
« Reply #8108 on: 2019-06-26 23:11:17 »
hello, I have a problem with this mods, I have the same materia bonuses and penalties of the basic game.

the rest of the mod seems to work normally, the new boss fight is there, the innate ability work, ect.

for info I have the French version of the game so I did the manipulation that ask to rename files before installing the mod.

Schrödinger

• View Profile
« Reply #8109 on: 2019-06-26 23:54:12 »
Currently on my 2nd run of this AMAZING mod, but I've just watch a scene that, again, made me wonder... I'm talking about the Red XIII, Aeris experiment, did you change the translation to make it more "child friendly"? Cause if I remember correctly, Hojo was trying to breed them together, not to strength Aeris by combat (or maybe the english and spanish translations were wrong all this time). If you changed it on porpouse, are there any more scenes were you did something similar? I'm not talking about typos and/or better translations, I only care about censorship.

Thx in advance for your reply Sega Chief!

manconauta

• View Profile
« Reply #8110 on: 2019-06-27 00:24:45 »
The update I put yesterday out should allow for Dragon Force to be targeted on the party now via Manipulate; is it still not working?

oh, I didn't realize you updated the mod

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #8111 on: 2019-06-27 08:30:54 »
hello, I have a problem with this mods, I have the same materia bonuses and penalties of the basic game.

the rest of the mod seems to work normally, the new boss fight is there, the innate ability work, ect.

for info I have the French version of the game so I did the manipulation that ask to rename files before installing the mod.

The french version may be running off a different .exe which has caused the .exe part of the patch to fail. I have a french FF7 Steam exe I can try and patch (think I have the offsets for it) when I get back from work but let me know if you're on Steam, 7h, etc. as they use different exes.

Currently on my 2nd run of this AMAZING mod, but I've just watch a scene that, again, made me wonder... I'm talking about the Red XIII, Aeris experiment, did you change the translation to make it more "child friendly"? Cause if I remember correctly, Hojo was trying to breed them together, not to strength Aeris by combat (or maybe the english and spanish translations were wrong all this time). If you changed it on porpouse, are there any more scenes were you did something similar? I'm not talking about typos and/or better translations, I only care about censorship.

Thx in advance for your reply Sega Chief!

It wasn't changed for censorship, I just thought it was dumb. I checked in with the japanese translation but from what I remember it was the same there.

Mypieyourslice

• View Profile
« Reply #8112 on: 2019-06-27 10:59:09 »
Thank you for creating this mod, I just downloaded it and I'm looking forward to enjoying this!

My only question is if there is a list of the new sidequests? I just wanna make sure I don't miss them in my playthrough.. or maybe they are very obvious? And in line with that question, if there are any missables etc.?

Also, I was under the impression this mod is not compatible with Reunion. Do they work together or have I understood this correctly?
« Last Edit: 2019-06-27 11:01:32 by Mypieyourslice »

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #8113 on: 2019-06-27 11:43:32 »
Thank you for creating this mod, I just downloaded it and I'm looking forward to enjoying this!

My only question is if there is a list of the new sidequests? I just wanna make sure I don't miss them in my playthrough.. or maybe they are very obvious? And in line with that question, if there are any missables etc.?

Also, I was under the impression this mod is not compatible with Reunion. Do they work together or have I understood this correctly?

The new stuff is Disc 2/3 and isn't missable in any case.

Reunion I don't think is compatible but some stuff like menu overhaul can be used with NT if you have 7th heaven installed and working (word of warning, a lot can go wrong during the set-up process so make sure to follow the tutorial as exactly as you can if you decide to go for it).

Mypieyourslice

• View Profile
« Reply #8114 on: 2019-06-27 12:42:06 »
Yeah, I've got 7th heaven with Remako mod running. I was going to use Reunion alongside that but I decided to go with New Threat instead. All I wanted from that mod was the retranslation and the playstation button prompts/icons, but I'm guessing they will conflict with your mod in some way or another. Thanks!

Hikonoia

• View Profile
« Reply #8115 on: 2019-06-27 14:50:56 »
The french version may be running off a different .exe which has caused the .exe part of the patch to fail. I have a french FF7 Steam exe I can try and patch (think I have the offsets for it) when I get back from work but let me know if you're on Steam, 7h, etc. as they use different exes.

I use the steam version and I do not use any other mod

DamEdge

• View Profile
« Reply #8116 on: 2019-06-28 00:14:18 »
Hey Sega Chief, I see that there is a ? ? ? ? ? ? character when you level up your character stats with smiley. Do you intend to add a new playable character or is there already one and I am not far enough yet?

Mypieyourslice

• View Profile
« Reply #8117 on: 2019-06-28 16:39:24 »
Out of curiosity, has anyone tried to run both NT and the retranslation patch? Is it a "works for some and not for some" case, hasn't been tested or do we know that it doesn't work? I see people here and there mention they are trying to run both so I'm just wondering.

LordUrQuan

• Alpha testing your worst nightmares
  • LOAD "FF2J",8,1
    • View Profile
« Reply #8118 on: 2019-06-28 16:43:43 »
Since a lot of the dialog lives in the kernel, you'd probably have to do something like this (using Reunion/Beacause as an example):
- Start with clean install
- Apply Reunion/Beacause
- Extract translations using touphScript
- Revert to vanilla and install NT
- Apply extracted text from Beacause to NT-patched exe

edit:  Now mind you, this assumes that Sega Chief has left all the original dialog intact.  I've not played NT, but I'm pretty sure that's *not* the case.
« Last Edit: 2019-06-28 16:47:46 by LordUrQuan »

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
  • Dilly-Dally Shilly-Shally
    • View Profile
    • EQ2Alyza - YouTube Channel
« Reply #8119 on: 2019-06-28 22:18:35 »
The flevel is the main problem. Open the 7H tool and go to Workshop -> Chunk Tool. There you will see how the sections of the flevel are broken up. Chunk 1 shares the field scripts and dialogues.

NT changes mostly field scripts (but some dialogue), while BC changes mostly dialogue. There's too many overlapping scenes between both, so there isn't any installation order that can be done without overwriting the other and breaking various scenes.

It's possible Toughscript could do it all, but you're asking for a ton of edited data to be automatically fused without any errors. I can't picture that coming out perfectly. Manually editing/positioning will be the better option, but it requires a lot of work. Since both mods are still being developed anyways, I don't recommend doing anything until they have final releases.
« Last Edit: 2019-06-28 22:21:06 by EQ2Alyza »

Mypieyourslice

• View Profile
« Reply #8120 on: 2019-06-29 08:02:38 »
Alright, thanks for the responses. I'll just have to suck it up and experience it without Beacause.

blokx

• View Profile
« Reply #8121 on: 2019-06-29 22:11:17 »
Is L5 Suicide now Qarry Fuse?

Only reason I ask is, for the Chocobuckle E.Skill, the "Where is this thing" text file says:
Code: [Select]
Chocobuckle: Any chocobo (world map)
Note: Use L5 Suicide after feeding them greens

But I'm not sure how we can us L5 Suicide if that's been removed. Unless I'm just horribly unlucky and haven't gotten L5 cast on my party yet.

Edit: Just for funsies, I tried casting Quarry Fuse on chocobo and it had the same effect. So I guess the .txt just needs a quick string swap. :)
« Last Edit: 2019-06-29 22:13:05 by blokx »

Mantis

• View Profile
« Reply #8122 on: 2019-06-29 23:17:47 »
Stupid question time. Firstly, I'm very curious about this mod. While I love graphics mods (I find Remako for instance revolutionary) I'd always wished for mods that adjust the storyline or events or add new content without breaking canon. Example: I loved the idea behind the Jessie mod, although when I tried it unfortunately it didn't work properly.

Back to the topic, two or three days ago I installed 7H and Remako but spent almost an entire day to get them working, and I did! Using integrated graphics too which I heard would definitely break 7H with graphical mods. Great experience. However, I hadn't noticed New Threat because I found its description on 7H very vague and from the name assumed it's a hardcore mod. (After reading up on it, it sounds awesome.) Big mistake. I believe I've invested close to nine hours into FFVII and I'm currently at Fort Condor. My question is: would it be a big deal if I activated the mod this far into the game? Compared to the hard work you've put into this mod those nine hours are nothing. However, I'd probably wait a few months before restarting the game if I must do that.

I also must ask about the load order. I've read about how to prioritise it (ordering by the mod category) but since this seems to contain some of everything, should I place it at the top? Here's my current mod setup: https://pastebin.com/9L7efFg8

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #8123 on: 2019-06-30 00:29:28 »
Stupid question time. Firstly, I'm very curious about this mod. While I love graphics mods (I find Remako for instance revolutionary) I'd always wished for mods that adjust the storyline or events or add new content without breaking canon. Example: I loved the idea behind the Jessie mod, although when I tried it unfortunately it didn't work properly.

Back to the topic, two or three days ago I installed 7H and Remako but spent almost an entire day to get them working, and I did! Using integrated graphics too which I heard would definitely break 7H with graphical mods. Great experience. However, I hadn't noticed New Threat because I found its description on 7H very vague and from the name assumed it's a hardcore mod. (After reading up on it, it sounds awesome.) Big mistake. I believe I've invested close to nine hours into FFVII and I'm currently at Fort Condor. My question is: would it be a big deal if I activated the mod this far into the game? Compared to the hard work you've put into this mod those nine hours are nothing. However, I'd probably wait a few months before restarting the game if I must do that.

I also must ask about the load order. I've read about how to prioritise it (ordering by the mod category) but since this seems to contain some of everything, should I place it at the top? Here's my current mod setup: https://pastebin.com/9L7efFg8

You could activate it midway, but you'll be missing a lot of intended Materia like Barrier. I think beyond that it should function correctly though your EXP might need a level up or two before it corrects a visual glitch with the gauges in menus.

For mod load order, it should be closer to the bottom as NT is a gameplay difficulty/story type mod.

Mod Load Order (by type)

Miscellaneous - Dynamic Cloud Weapons
Miscellaneous - Jessie Mod
Miscellaneous - Team Avalanche Fields
Battle Models - Weapons
Field Models - Objects
Animations
Battle Models - Characters
Battle Models - Enemies
Battle Textures
Field Models - Main Characters
Field Models - Non-Player Characters
Field Textures - Omzy/satsuki/yarLson
Gameplay - Difficulty and Story
Gameplay - Tweaks and Cheats
Media - Movies
Media - Music and Sound
Menu - Avatars and Backdrops
Minigames - Chocobo Race
Minigames - Coaster
Minigames - Fort Condor
Minigames - Motorbike Chase
Minigames - Wonder Square
Spell Textures
The Reunion - Beacause and Menu Overhaul
World Models - Characters
World Models - Enemies
World Models - Vehicles
World Textures

Dio Holy Diver

• View Profile
« Reply #8124 on: 2019-06-30 22:00:56 »
Anyone got any tips for
Spoiler: show
Tyrant
in the Northern Crater?  I just don't have the damage output to kill him.   
Spoiler: show
I think I messed up my character selection when choosing the routes - I've got Cloud, Aeris and Cait Sith - Cloud can only deal about 900hp damage but that gets halved when Tyrant buffs himself, Aeris has to constantly keep HP/MP/Wall up (and occasional Slow), so damage is left to Cait Sith who deals about 3k dmg with Hydro, but I also use him as my tank so is constantly dying.