Author Topic: Need help with SSCF/SGT/MID/MP3/WAV files - FF7Music Problem  (Read 7247 times)

Vgr

• Global moderator
  • If it quacks like a duck, it must be a duck
    • View Profile
Hi all! (Hope the title of the topic is smart enough :P )
I would like to know how to convert SSCF files. For those who fight... duh, I messed up with the FF7AC battle theme :P For those who don't know, these files are used to be Crisis Core : Final Fantasy VII music. I want them to listen to the original and not the ones from the OST. I was able to get working everything else but the music. I want now to be able to get the music too. If you know how, then please tell me. If you want a tutorial for the others files or how to extract them (I got more than 10 500 files with that method instead of ~ 8700 with FF7CC Extractor available here), just ask (PM if the thread is more than 60 days old). I can also do a lot of work on this game (I plan on putting Zack/Angeal/Genesis/Sephiroth in Final Fantasy VII, but I couldn't release it), but now I am just working on music.

Thanks for all in advance,
Vgr255

EDIT : Title modified for SGT files as well.

EDIT2 : Title modified for MID/MP3/WAV files as well.

EDIT3 : Title modified for help on FF7Music.
« Last Edit: 2011-02-12 19:44:40 by Vgr255 »

Vgr

• Global moderator
    • View Profile
30 views and no answers... :P Does this means that nobody know how to do it? :P I think I'm going back to my main project (FF8's Seifer patch) which will last for about one week :P

obesebear

• View Profile
It means no one wanted to respond.  No double posting

Vgr

• Global moderator
    • View Profile
I modified title's topic because I need help for SGT files as well. I want to use them with FF7Music but the in_FFVIII.dll WinAmp plugin doesn't work for FF7Music, so I would convert them ^^ Thanks in advance :)

Vgr

• Global moderator
    • View Profile
Sorry double-posting again, but HOW do you convert the damn MID files (MP3/WAV aren't really a prob...) because my FF7Music doesn't work anymore... Lets talk about it in this thread instead of creating a new one since this one isn't really full of posts.

Here is my problem : I wanted to put any of the music of FF8. To do this, I created a new folder called "FF8" and put every music in here. Then, I edited my FF7Music.ini and added a new profile. Then I added the songs in the configuration. I started the game to see the... windows that tells me that FF7Music stopped working. I wasn't able to make FF7Music work, whatever I did. Do you have any suggestions.

Covarr

• Covarr-Let
  • Administrator
  • Just Covarr. No "n".
    • View Profile
Sorry double-posting again, but HOW do you convert the damn MID files (MP3/WAV aren't really a prob...) because my FF7Music doesn't work anymore... Lets talk about it in this thread instead of creating a new one since this one isn't really full of posts.

Here is my problem : I wanted to put any of the music of FF8. To do this, I created a new folder called "FF8" and put every music in here. Then, I edited my FF7Music.ini and added a new profile. Then I added the songs in the configuration. I started the game to see the... windows that tells me that FF7Music stopped working. I wasn't able to make FF7Music work, whatever I did. Do you have any suggestions.
upload your ff7music.ini, I'll have a look and see if I can find the problem.

Vgr

• Global moderator
    • View Profile
I deleted that ini after that, and anyways I have :

- Reinstalled FF7
- Reinstalled FF7Music (your installer, Covarr)
- Finally, I get back to the original MIDIS (which aren't too bad, in fact)

livetruthfully

• View Profile
I deleted that ini after that, and anyways I have :

- Reinstalled FF7
- Reinstalled FF7Music (your installer, Covarr)
- Finally, I get back to the original MIDIS (which aren't too bad, in fact)

If what you're saying is your FF7music doesn't work and only the midis play, I'm having the same problem. My configurations are buffer length 2000, prebuffer 248, buffer ahead 1752). I've played around using Nero's fakemidi file; what I get is either no sound with it and just midi without it. What a tease.

Vgr

• Global moderator
    • View Profile
Not really. In fact, that worked fine just before I edited the FF7Music.ini (I think I did a mistake at some points) but that didn't work anymore even after changing completely the FF7Music.ini... weird