Author Topic: Force enemy death on inflicted status, possible?  (Read 2942 times)

Tenko Kuugen

• Public Enemy
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
Force enemy death on inflicted status, possible?
« on: 2012-08-01 23:42:04 »
I've seen that PrC can set a status effect and then a modifier, for example, double damage, nullify, or Death
if I use this with an element, death happens unless I also made the boss immune to the element
with status effects, I haven't been able to get it working. I tried several ways,
 enable status = death, inflict the status while it's allowed
 enable status = death, try to inflict status while it's not allowed
 enable status = death, give monster resist, try to inflict status while it's generally allowed
  enable status = death, give monster resist, try to inflict status while it's generally not allowed
 enable status = death, cause status effect with a status defense breaking spell ( easy to set such in WM )  while the status is allowed
 enable status = death, cause status effect with a status defense breaking spell ( easy to set such in WM )  while the status isn't allowed

NONE of those have yielded an actual result of the monster dying as it's supposed to
I tried this with both negative and positive status effects ( poison, haste, berserk, confusion )
Is it just not working correctly? If so, do the status effects in PrC serve any purpose with their modifiers?

This can probably be done via AI but that's a bit too much effort for the type of thing I have in mind

nfitc1

• I just don't know what went wrong.
    • View Profile
    • WM/PrC Blog
Re: Force enemy death on inflicted status, possible?
« Reply #1 on: 2012-08-02 13:32:22 »
Those modifiers don't completely work with statuses. They usually refer to damage done by attacks that have that status on them.

Example:
Set an enemy to be Sleep = death. Casting Sleepel on them would do nothing but put them to sleep (assuming they're not immune and it successfully connects, etc). But use Hades on them and that should kill them because that attack damages AND inflicts Sleep.

Tenko Kuugen

• Public Enemy
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #2 on: 2012-08-02 13:56:22 »
so unless a damage value is attached to an inflict, it doesn't work with the modifier? well that sucks.  I'd have to overhaul all my spells again then. Oh well.

nfitc1

• I just don't know what went wrong.
    • View Profile
    • WM/PrC Blog
« Reply #3 on: 2012-08-02 13:58:25 »
I'm ~70% sure that's the way it works. It's been a while since I tested any of it.