Author Topic: [FAQ] Bootleg40 Problems, Errors, Troubleshooting Pls READ THIS before posting  (Read 27079 times)

Rundas

• What do you even do?
    • View Profile
It should be in your FF7 directory. Unless you're using FF7Music in which case it's in the ficedula folder.

DeathMetroll

• View Profile
Got it !

Code: [Select]
INFO: FF7/FF8 OpenGL driver version 0.7.11b
INFO: Auto-detected version: FF7 1.02 US English
INFO: NVIDIA Corporation GeForce GTX 670/PCIe/SSE2 4.3.0
INFO: OpenGL 2.0 support detected
INFO: Using PBO
INFO: Found swap_control extension
GLITCH: Unable to turn on vsync
INFO: Max texture size: 16384x16384
INFO: Number of texture units: 4
INFO: Original resolution 640x480, window size 1280x720, output resolution 960x720, internal resolution 3840x2160
INFO: FBO extension detected, using fast scaling/postprocessing path
INFO: Shader limits: varying 124, vert uniform 4096, frag uniform 2048
INFO: FFMpeg movie player plugin loaded
INFO: FFMpeg version SVN-r25886, Copyright (c) 2000-2010 Fabrice Bellard, et al.
INFO: FF7Music helper plugin loaded
INFO: Loading external library Multi.dll
LOCK UNLOCK TEST
MATRIX INITIALIZE
INITIALIZE DD/D3D END
ERROR: could not open file C:\JEUX\FINAL FANTASY VII\ff7input.cfg
initializing sound...
creating dsound primary buffer
reading audio file
loading static sounds
sound initialized
set music volume: 127
Entering MAIN
Exiting MAIN
START OF CREDITS!!!
INFO: C:\JEUX\FINAL FANTASY VII\movies\eidoslogo.avi; indeo5/pcm_s16le 640x480, 30.000000 FPS, duration: 12.933333, frames: 388
INFO: slow output format from video codec indeo5; 6
ERROR: GL_INVALID_OPERATION
set music volume trans: 127->0, step=60
END OF CREDITS!!!
Entering MAIN
Exiting MAIN
START OF MENU SYSTEM!!!
WM_CLOSE
END OF MENU SYSTEM!!!
Field Quit
UNINITIALIZE DD
END UNINITIALIZE DD

It's seems there's an error. ...OpenGL maybe ???

Thank you :)
« Last Edit: 2013-08-21 15:52:10 by Covarr the Proud Fanboy »

DeathMetroll

• View Profile
No solution for my issue ?

"sad mode activated" !!! :D

Rundas

• What do you even do?
    • View Profile
Um, turn off shaders I guess.

Giullio

• Where is the love?
    • View Profile
Nevermind, restarted the notebook and it worked. delete please.
« Last Edit: 2013-08-30 02:58:55 by Giullio »

DeathMetroll

• View Profile
Hi all,

thanks for your replies :)

Sorry for being so late to answer you but ...you know holydays !!! :D

So I turned off the shaders, so now I can see the main menu (select between "continue" or "start a new game") whatever I click on nothing appened the screen become and stays black.

Any ideas ?

thank you.

Azcaduil

• View Profile
So, I don't understand the Yuffie fix.  The files in the rar file linked here are Whiteraven Yuffie Battle fixed\Whiteraven Yuffie Battle\Whiteraven Yuffie Battle\Battle Files\ and that's where all the files are.  In the second Whiteraven Yuffie Battle directory, the one with the Battle Files folder, there is a "try reading this.txt" file... which is as clear as mud to a new user. I don't claim to be the smartest guy in the world, but I have no idea what my battle.lgp is, or how to compile it.

This thread says to put the files into the direct\char\ directory, but I still get the same bugged Yuffie model that crashed my game (luckily, I've been saving constantly - this has taken me over 2 hours to find her again!).  I'm sure the fix is there... I just don't know how to do it, and these instructions seem to refer to something that may be out of date?  I dunno.  I wouldn't bump this topic if I didn't think maybe someone else might also have this same question, look in this thread, and not find the answer.

Rundas

• What do you even do?
    • View Profile
After putting the files in the direct folder, go into ff7_opengl.cfg and turn on direct mode (or called something similar).

Azcaduil

• View Profile
Thank you sir! I'll give it a go, and let you know how it turns out. Hopefully this fixes everything, and... well, I would berate myself for missing something so simple, but I totally never would have thought of that.  I'm in the file now... geez. Big file. Wish me luck!

Edit: Man, met Yuffie in record time!  Bad news... still bugged. I put all the FILES from the 7z file in the char folder - should I have dropped the folder in?  Maybe should I have put it in the battle folder?
« Last Edit: 2014-01-19 23:27:15 by Azcaduil »

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
  • Dilly-Dally Shilly-Shally
    • View Profile
    • EQ2Alyza - YouTube Channel
char.lgp is where the field models are stored. You need to put the files for battle models in battle.lgp.

Azcaduil

• View Profile
I don't understand the .lgp files.  What Rundas was suggesting, and what I'm assuming (and I know how dangerous assuming can be) is that the files all go into a folder... and I should have put them into the battle folder rather than the char folder?  I turned direct mode on in the .cfg file - unless it's more difficult than deleting the word "off" and replacing it with the word "on" and saving it, I'm pretty sure I got it right - finding it was the hard part! Wouldn't have been if I'd have just scrolled to the end...

Okay, well, I put all the FILES from the very nested folders in the 7z file linked in this thread into the battle folder in the direct folder in my FF7 folder (that's a lot of folders!), and after editing my ff7_opengl.cfg as Rundas instructed, I just now recruited Yuffie without crashing.  Thanks guys.

While problem is fixed, I'd still like to learn what this .lgp thing is, though - got a link to get me started? Or is it so simple that I'm just stupid for not knowing?

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
  • Dilly-Dally Shilly-Shally
    • View Profile
    • EQ2Alyza - YouTube Channel
Oh, I'm sorry. I didn't read that you were doing direct mode. I'll edit this post later with how to do the .lgp unpack/repack method. Tad busy atm.

Rundas

• What do you even do?
    • View Profile
You said you put them in char/? If it's a battle model then it goes in battle/.

wantslushie

• View Profile
I cleared out all the red on the mod list, but when I ran bootleg it got to Grimmy's PRP Addon and I just have this:
Installing Grimmy's PRP Addon
0 File Copied
0 File Copied
0 File Copied
0 File Copied
0 File Copied
0 File Copied
0 File Copied
>

Should I just close it, uninstall ff7 and do a registry cleaner, or is there an easier solution? I'd rather not run into the same problem again...

EDIT
Just in case someone else is having the same problem! I uninstalled, cleaned my registry, and then redownloaded everything careful to make sure noting corrupted on download. I also changed the location of my temporary folder to the bigger harddrive where all my mods were anyway. Everything works fine so far!
« Last Edit: 2014-01-29 01:12:21 by wantslushie »

bombaztiz

• View Profile
I have just installed bootleg with all the mods and run the game with bootloader,
the problem is...
The music is playing well, but the sound fx doesn't work at all.
Even when I have ticked the "New SoundFX" on the setting, it just doesn't work...

Zara8

• View Profile
i do not understand gaming mod language at all okay

cmh175

• View Profile
    • Chris Hendrickson's Artstation
I have just installed bootleg with all the mods and run the game with bootloader,
the problem is...
The music is playing well, but the sound fx doesn't work at all.
Even when I have ticked the "New SoundFX" on the setting, it just doesn't work...

They don't work at all as in no sound effects, or they still sound like the original? Provide some info on your installation and your app log so we can get a better idea what's wrong.
« Last Edit: 2014-01-25 19:26:19 by cmh175 »