Author Topic: Need help with Epsxe if anyone uses it - netplay  (Read 10292 times)

BloodShot

• View Profile
Need help with Epsxe if anyone uses it - netplay
« on: 2011-05-23 01:16:33 »
like the title says, if anyone here uses it, I need some help. I want to set up a game with a friend on epsxe, and I got into the server browser screen, but as soon as the game starts we loose connection. Anyone have any ideas?

Any help is appreciated.
« Last Edit: 2011-05-23 02:04:41 by BloodShot »

drfeelgud88

• da DOC iz here!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube
Re: Need help with Epsxe if anyone uses it - netplay
« Reply #1 on: 2011-05-23 20:16:39 »
like the title says, if anyone here uses it, I need some help. I want to set up a game with a friend on epsxe, and I got into the server browser screen, but as soon as the game starts we loose connection. Anyone have any ideas?

Any help is appreciated.
I don't use it, and I'll just spitball here -- do you guys have the same version? Same settings?

BloodShot

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2011-05-23 23:03:10 »
yeah, everything's the same. I even told him to send me his to be sure.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2011-05-24 00:10:18 »
epsxe is buggy and rather crap imho.  I hope pSX author comes back and finishes pSX.

DarkFang

• Pirate
  • Ponies! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2011-05-24 01:46:57 »
I use ePSXe because the plugins do a good job of making the game look better than it normally would.

In all honesty, pSX is probably a better emulator to use for various reasons. One reason is there is no hassle of plugins. You can download and start playing a game right away. Two, it is the closest emulation to an actual PSX that's available.

BloodShot

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2011-05-24 02:03:03 »
nvm guys, I used 1.6.0 and it works remarkably well. Only problem is a stutter i get sometimes when im not the host. Does pSX have netplay?

syntax error

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2011-05-24 20:05:25 »
PCSX 2 0.9.8

DarkFang

• Pirate
  • Ponies! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2011-05-24 21:00:33 »
PCSX 2 0.9.8
Yeah you see that little TWO there? That means it's for the Playstation 2.

Tekkie.X

• Formerly known as DragonNinja
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2011-05-24 21:05:06 »
Yeah you see that little TWO there? That means it's for the Playstation 2.

A) The PS2 can play PS1 games, leading to b), he points out a specific version that now has proper (but limited) support for PS1 games where previous versions didn't.

DarkFang

• Pirate
  • Ponies! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2011-05-24 21:07:38 »
A) The PS2 can play PS1 games, leading to b), he points out a specific version that now has proper (but limited) support for PS1 games where previous versions didn't.
Didn't even know 0.9.8 was release. 0.9.7 couldn't play any PS1 games.

Tekkie.X

• Formerly known as DragonNinja
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2011-05-24 21:10:15 »
Well it does now, I wasn't sure at first, so I'd tested the 0.9.8 version just now, it just doesn't play well with Vagrant Story which is the first disc I had to hand to try, but the log definitely says it switches to PS1 mode and does boot the game, it just stays at a black screen.

yoshi314

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2011-05-25 11:38:47 »

ps2 can play ps1 games, but that doesn't mean pcsx2 has support for it.

pcsx2 runs real ps2 bios, which has built in ps1 emulator. but that means that you are running ps1 emulator inside ps2 emulator. and that makes the emulation all the more dodgy, especially since ps1 compatibility of ps2 was not so great in the first place.

there is an emulator called pcsxr which is based off pcsx, and developed on a nearly daily basis. ( http://pcsxr.codeplex.com/SourceControl/list/changesets ) . it might work for you, i think it also has netplay.

Covarr

• Covarr-Let
  • Administrator
  • Just Covarr. No "n".
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2011-05-25 18:25:38 »
ps2 can play ps1 games, but that doesn't mean pcsx2 has support for it.

pcsx2 runs real ps2 bios, which has built in ps1 emulator. but that means that you are running ps1 emulator inside ps2 emulator. and that makes the emulation all the more dodgy, especially since ps1 compatibility of ps2 was not so great in the first place.

there is an emulator called pcsxr which is based off pcsx, and developed on a nearly daily basis. ( http://pcsxr.codeplex.com/SourceControl/list/changesets ) . it might work for you, i think it also has netplay.
No, the PS2 did not emulate the PS1, it had native hardware support for it.

obesebear

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2011-05-26 02:52:31 »
Well it does now, I wasn't sure at first, so I'd tested the 0.9.8 version just now, it just doesn't play well with Vagrant Story which is the first disc I had to hand to try, but the log definitely says it switches to PS1 mode and does boot the game, it just stays at a black screen.
All I want to say is I agree with returning to DragonNinja.  Thank you.

yoshi314

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2011-05-27 12:58:18 »
No, the PS2 did not emulate the PS1, it had native hardware support for it.
i think ps1's graphics chip was probably emulated.

FeliX Leonhart

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2011-05-27 19:31:53 »
PCSX2 has only the gpu instructions supported for PS1 (gsdx), but not the main core instructions, so in the near future pcsx2 will not be able to rus ps1 games.

Hellbringer616

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2011-05-27 20:18:12 »
The PCSX2 team has no intention of supporting PS1 games. Avid PCSX2 forum reader here :P
Although, You can use GSDX on ePSXe however, Has no frame limiter though (nothing like playing Crash at 500 FPS haha)