Author Topic: Midi issues  (Read 4475 times)

hamsterr

Midi issues
« on: 2007-07-03 06:19:24 »
I've been looking to a ton of places and I hope this will finally have my help.

I recently found my old FFVII disks so I of course booted them up, but to my surprise none of the (what I assume) Midi files play. I hear all sounds perfect but come battle time I don't hear the dramatic DUN DUN DUN or the glorious Da da da da da da dun da da. Just the sound of gil being received and moving on quickly.

If anyone could help me that would be more than appreciated. I'm willing to give any information needed, just ask.

-------

Bump.

MOD EDIT: Combined two posts into one post.  Don't double-post.
« Last Edit: 2007-07-03 14:48:11 by Aaron »

Aaron

• View Profile
    • http://aaron-kelley.net/
Re: Midi issues
« Reply #1 on: 2007-07-03 14:47:14 »
Don't bump.  We're not a fast forum, there's no way people won't see your post if it's been less than a day.

In FF7config, what are your choices for the MIDI driver (last tab)?

hamsterr

« Reply #2 on: 2007-07-03 16:29:45 »
Don't bump.  We're not a fast forum, there's no way people won't see your post if it's been less than a day.

In FF7config, what are your choices for the MIDI driver (last tab)?

Sorry, just anxious to get a reply. :p

I put it on Avance AC97 Audio. Any choice or combination has no success with the test.

Guspaz

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2007-07-06 04:43:23 »
You may want to try ff7music, if the music is your only problem. The downside is that from what I've heard it's not compatible with the high-res patch.

Aali

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2007-07-06 12:57:58 »
You may want to try ff7music, if the music is your only problem. The downside is that from what I've heard it's not compatible with the high-res patch.

Fortunately, what you've heard is a load of bullshit  :wink:

hamsterr

« Reply #5 on: 2007-07-06 16:46:50 »

Hi-res isn't an issue, the nostalgia of the old version is enough for me. How would I go about getting the ff7music? Could you clarify?

EDIT - A little handy google work got me the links. Thanks for everyone for pointing me in the right direction. =]

God bless and keep this forum alive, you guys rule.
 :mrgreen:
« Last Edit: 2007-07-06 16:52:00 by hamsterr »

ARMs

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2007-07-06 17:02:18 »
Guspaz nice pic of shredder there.  Brings back old memories but he doesn't look as badass as he use to be back in the 90's.

Yes i know this not on topic but I hope I can be forgiven.

Guspaz

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2007-07-15 22:37:43 »

Fortunately, what you've heard is a load of bullsh*t  :wink:

Any advice for getting both of them working at the same time would be appreciated, then. I've "heard" it because a buddy of mine was trying to get both patches working and reported that he couldn't get them both installed at the same time.

Aali

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2007-07-16 12:57:29 »

Fortunately, what you've heard is a load of bullsh*t  :wink:

Any advice for getting both of them working at the same time would be appreciated, then. I've "heard" it because a buddy of mine was trying to get both patches working and reported that he couldn't get them both installed at the same time.

Recent versions of ff7music don't patch anything, so i don't see how that could be a problem.