Author Topic: [FF8PC-Steam] BerryMapper- texture replacement for Tonberry mod (2014-12-15)  (Read 351682 times)

FatedCourage

• I'll never regret knowing you.
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Channel
Also, here are the rest of the codes I have for Squall.

sqlt_13,3923211621
sqlt_13,3923211629
sqlt_13,4225234287
sqheadt_13,3042268505
sqbodyb_13,2075274751
« Last Edit: 2014-12-12 03:27:39 by FatedCourage »

olearyf2525

• View Profile
Thanks, guys. Mago did a great job with her. And I did fix the textures for transparency. The only downside is that using Ulti's textures make my game lag to the point where it crashes. I would love to try Edea, but I didn't find her in a pack or anything.
Yea, at the beginning of this thread a few posts down Magochocobo said he was going to do Edea and Ward, that he never finished them. Whether he actually went through and did that or not I don't know but he posted like two days ago I think so he still checks in and maybe he will see this.

Mirrorman95

• View Profile
    • Mirrorman95 - YouTube Channel
FatedCourage:
Can we just put those codes at the end of Shunsq's recommended Objmap.csv, or do we need to wait until he updates his list?
Also, will you release your new texture implementations, or will you wait until you fix them so they don't crash the game?
Lastly, you are right. Magochocobo has not released the textures he has done for Edea, Raijin, Rinoa's Party Dress, Kiros, Ward, Garnet, and Zidane.

Shunsq

• 20 years to mod a game, that's insanely long
    • View Profile
Updated on the 2014-12-12.
To Mirrorman95: You can just add the lines that fatedCourage provided.No need to wait for the list to be updated officially.

Mortael

• View Profile
Just a quick update:

I'm going to be working on world map models and battle textures, if anybody is kind enough to lend me a save game which is the end of Disc 3, just before the Lunatic Pandora, I would be most grateful!

For 0.2 of project lionheart:

Objectives:
-Squall should have most all of his textures (including his world map), and all of his weapons and hashed most of the areas (Fated is working on getting these codes currently)
-Complete the hash codes for Selphie/Zell if possible
-Quistis textures released, ready to be hashed
-Balamb Garden model retextured
-Ragnarok Model retextured
-Battle textures begun

I want to take my time with each of the characters, fortunately Zell and Selphie are already done- I'll at some point work on their uniforms too.. Unless somebody else wants to do this for me, which I can't refuse any offers of

FatedCourage

• View Profile
    • Youtube Channel
olearyf2525 & Mirrorman95: That's a shame. But it's okay. I'm patient! Maybe with the holidays coming up that might give time for Mago to be around and finish them.

And Mirrorman95, like Shunsq said, you don't have to wait. They should work. And as for Ulti's codes, I can release them for people to try them out and see if they experience the same problem. That's if anyone wants me to.

FatedCourage

• View Profile
    • Youtube Channel
I'm going to be working on world map models and battle textures, if anybody is kind enough to lend me a save game which is the end of Disc 3, just before the Lunatic Pandora, I would be most grateful!

I actually have a Steam save on disc 3, right before you save Rinoa from being sealed away. If that works for you, I can lend you that save Mortael. :D

Update: One last code I found for Squall.

sqlt_13,4225234799
« Last Edit: 2014-12-13 02:09:26 by FatedCourage »

Mortael

• View Profile
More progress made :)

I've found/hashed the model for Balamb Garden, currently working on the textures for it..

Nunsrgr8

• View Profile
Just a quick update:

For 0.2 of project lionheart:

Objectives:
-Squall should have most all of his textures (including his world map), and all of his weapons and hashed most of the areas (Fated is working on getting these codes currently)
-Complete the hash codes for Selphie/Zell if possible
-Quistis textures released, ready to be hashed
-Balamb Garden model retextured
-Ragnarok Model retextured
-Battle textures begun

I want to take my time with each of the characters, fortunately Zell and Selphie are already done- I'll at some point work on their uniforms too.. Unless somebody else wants to do this for me, which I can't refuse any offers of

I went from playing Final Fantasy Tactics to making a Seifer sprite for it... to playing Final Fantasy 8... to now playing with FF8...

Anyway, I would like to help out this project if I could! I'm starting a new play through relatively soon and was wondering exactly how you are generating the hash codes. I am willing to help with the uniform hashcodes, I just need to know exactly what you need from my play through. I downloaded and used Berrymapper on my texture folder tonight and got a fair amount of hashes (256kb worth), not sure if they'd be useful but I can post if need be. I currently have SeeD Reborn, Tripod, a couple character textures and Project Eden installed. Is it simply that? A new objmap generated between from hashmap of Berrymapper and the input folder? Am I missing something obvious here?

Also, having just recently done some work with Square's PS1 era sprites/pixelart/formatting... can someone post some textures that need some love? I'd love to get my hands on the world map town textures especially. I'm not really familiar yet with FF8's file structure and honestly wouldn't know where to look. Sorry if this is was a stupid post, it's been a while since I've been on Qhimm. Looks like its an exciting time to be getting back into FF8. :)
« Last Edit: 2014-12-14 10:06:40 by Cities.Burn.Quick »

Shunsq

• 20 years to mod a game, that's insanely long
    • View Profile
Updated Objmap on the 2014-12-15:
+zelb_13 and selt_13 hashcodes.
 I also put links on first page  to download Zell texture pack and Sephie texture pack. The seed and graduated uniforms are not present yet.

Encore

• View Profile

Problems with the model of "Zell", the author of the model Shunsq (most complete), the model is applied to another model "studiozusov" those who are in a big hat in the garden  :)

Encore

• View Profile
Superimposed on the texture weapons from Selphie disappear some NPC, the author of the model Shunsq (most complete)
« Last Edit: 2014-12-16 13:25:25 by NexusHD »

LeonhartGR

• ~Whatever...~ Enjoy life!
    • View Profile
    • LeonhartGR Productions
I'm so hyped about this project! Keep it up folks!

olearyf2525

• View Profile

Dude I come into this thread every time there is a new post and I'm like...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eh7lp9umG2I

eXistenZe

• View Profile

+1

Mcindus

• Artist, Modder, Musician.
    • View Profile
    • Lunatic Pandora
Oooooh.  I like this tool.

My first experiment with it:

Yay! Mountains and sky that don't make my eyes bleed!

Next post update will be finished with the 'plains' battle scenes.
« Last Edit: 2014-12-17 05:10:32 by Mcindus »

MarinoKadame

• View Profile
This look quite nice, I think the next step would be the pre-rendered backgrounds since they kind of clash with the new HD textures now. I love that HD battle scene tho and can't wait to see the HD summons animations.

Mcindus

• View Profile
    • Lunatic Pandora
Done with the 'PLAINS' battle field and backgrounds

BEFORE and AFTER:

Let me know what you guys think!

Kaldarasha

• Prince of Model Editing
    • View Profile
The mountains need some kind of mist on the lower part to give them some kind of depth. Maybe also a decrease of the contrast might help as well. That's all I guess.

Btw can you make some mountain textures for FF7's snowboard minigame? I could send you the files if needed.

Mcindus

• View Profile
    • Lunatic Pandora
The mountains need some kind of mist on the lower part to give them some kind of depth. Maybe also a decrease of the contrast might help as well. That's all I guess.

Btw can you make some mountain textures for FF7's snowboard minigame? I could send you the files if needed.

I like these ideas - i'll implement them right now.

As far as the minigame - I'm swamped right now - working on the German and Italian versions of SeeD Reborn, hashing the worldmap textures, and making youtube videos this week.  Maybe in the next few weeks?
You can send me the files if you want.  [email protected]

nRage

• View Profile
Hey guys, been lurking a while now.. Glad to see such progress! Thank you for all you do!  :-D

K43SJ

• View Profile
Done with the 'PLAINS' battle field and backgrounds

BEFORE and AFTER:

Let me know what you guys think!

So beautiful, i love it, nice work

olearyf2525

• View Profile
Good job Mcindus!

dkma841

• delete
    • View Profile