Author Topic: strange glitch involving character models- characters look like they're sleeping  (Read 4183 times)

Jaitsu

• DON'T FWOOSH ME BRO
    • View Profile
    • Jaitsu Studios

this is very weird to me, as i've never experienced this before.

and it does not just happen to cloud, it happens to many characters, for example, when the shinra guards surround cloud right before he jumps on the train, it happens to every single one of them, and i can't figure out why.

has anyone experienced anything like this? if so did you ever find a fix?

let me know if you need anything more, information or otherwise, i'll give you what you need, this is weird...

sl1982

• Administrator
  • GUI Master :P
    • View Profile
You animation files in char.lgp are messed up. Replace it with a clean one.

Jaitsu

• DON'T FWOOSH ME BRO
    • View Profile
    • Jaitsu Studios
You animation files in char.lgp are messed up. Replace it with a clean one.

thanks, i'll do that in a bit, your a life saver sl

Bosola

• Fire hazard!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
Jaitsu, can you confirm when you've tried this, and tell us whether it works or not?

Jaitsu

• DON'T FWOOSH ME BRO
    • View Profile
    • Jaitsu Studios
Jaitsu, can you confirm when you've tried this, and tell us whether it works or not?

i can't actually, apon attempting to do this my game will no longer start so i gotta uninstall and reinstall, app log shows nothing is wrong, just suddenly stops.

i'm pretty sure i can attribute whatever happened to me trying to install espio's aerith patch but i'm not 100 percent on that.

i'll do it all, including installing the civilian cloud mod again and after that, we'll see what in the name of qhimm is going on.

obesebear

• View Profile
If there was any .a file contained in any mods you've downloaded, that is the problem.  Kimera has a nasty habit of sometimes creating faulty .a animation files.   If those files are then recompiled back into your .lgp, it will cause problems similar to what you are seeing.

Jaitsu

• DON'T FWOOSH ME BRO
    • View Profile
    • Jaitsu Studios
If there was any .a file contained in any mods you've downloaded, that is the problem.  Kimera has a nasty habit of sometimes creating faulty .a animation files.   If those files are then recompiled back into your .lgp, it will cause problems similar to what you are seeing.

any reaosn when i tried to decompile char with lgp/unlgp i got many errors and only got a little over 3000 of the over 10000 pieces in it? just trying to track down which mod caused the problem.

obesebear

• View Profile
any reaosn when i tried to decompile char with lgp/unlgp i got many errors and only got a little over 3000 of the over 10000 pieces in it? just trying to track down which mod caused the problem.
Ummm.. because you're not using lgp/unlgp?  :-P
I've extensively decompiled and compiled my lgp's using version .5 and have had 0 problems... :|

Jaitsu

• DON'T FWOOSH ME BRO
    • View Profile
    • Jaitsu Studios
Ummm.. because you're not using lgp/unlgp?  :-P
I've extensively decompiled and compiled my lgp's using version .5 and have had 0 problems... :|

actually i was using lgp/unlgp, the errors were all listed in CMD when i tried to decompile them. i think something just corrupted it, i'm doing a clean install tonight, and i'll see how everything works out.

Bosola

• Fire hazard!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
Jaitsu, can you confirm if you've fixed your character models now? Did the solution work?