Author Topic: [FF7PC] Nightmare 7 - Total Game Conversion (1.02)  (Read 276291 times)

mystery_editor

• Mmm... Pi
    • View Profile
Re: [WIP/REL] Nightmare 7, Includes Hardcore and Aerith Revival
« Reply #200 on: 2012-12-17 09:41:55 »
OK, I've just been fiddling around tonight and I've looped two tracks. Picked 'em as I have the .wav sources that the tracks are based on already.

aseri.logg
aseri2.logg

Let me know what you think, and I'll either keep going or redo.

I also exported them at 192VBR instead of 128, gives it a little more depth. At least, I think it does. Yet again, let me know.

Tenko Kuugen

• Public Enemy
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #201 on: 2012-12-17 10:27:46 »
I'll need to test them ingame for a lack of knowing a better method.

expect an edit in this post

edit: sounds good, keep going
« Last Edit: 2012-12-17 10:56:00 by Tenko Kuugen »

ShadowzI

• View Profile
« Reply #202 on: 2012-12-26 20:25:45 »
http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=13692.0
Some looped file... unfortunately in ogg not logg

ultima espio

• View Profile
« Reply #203 on: 2012-12-31 20:24:25 »
I'm curious as to what was changed in the Aeris patch :)

Tenko Kuugen

• Public Enemy
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #204 on: 2012-12-31 22:20:21 »
I'm curious as to what was changed in the Aeris patch :)

Mostly broken scripts where jumps didn't work properly anymore or pointed to the wrong thing.

Tenko Kuugen

• Public Enemy
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #205 on: 2013-01-02 18:00:04 »
replacement link for ost part 3
http://depositfiles.com/files/m7t4q23w3

strife98

• Global moderator
  • Doink!
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: 2013-01-10 05:50:20 »
I found one small bug. Not game breaking or entirely bad, but i'm pretty sure it shouldn't happen so I figured I should post it. When you are in the first reactor, and are first introduced to ladders, and about hitting start if you get stuck. If you hit start after Jessie finishes talking it teleports you to the point it's supposed to. I think it skips out on a point where you can talk to Barret, and it keeps him solid so you can talk to him. I didn't notice this until I tried to get back up the ladder and couldn't get through Barret, so I talked to him, and after the dialogue box cleared Cloud did a super jump to the top of the ladder and started to climb down. Like I said, not game breaking, but just wanted to point it out.

edit: Ok, so it happens whenever you go back to the area where Jessie is just chillin.

edit: Also, I was wondering if you could go more in depth about the classes of each person. I mean, I can probably guess most of them:
Cloud: Kinda like a battle mage. Well rounded in almost everything, but doesn't really stand out.
Barret: Tank. Lots of hit points, best person to put the cover materia on (if it's still in game) High in defense. Decent in attack, but low on magic.
Tifa: Powerhouse. Does a lot of physical damage, but low on magic damage.
Aeris: Mage. Lots of magic damage, and a great healer. Does low physical damage, and has little health and defense.
Red XIII: I can't really think of anything, maybe something like Cloud is, but with a bit more magic?
Yuffie: Ninja. High speed, high chance to not get hit. Medium amount of health, and decent damage
Vincent: Not sure either, but at just a guess maybe, high attack low defense so it's best to keep him in the back. Kind of like the opposite of Barret with a bit more magic ability then Cloud.
Cid: I'm really not sure with him, maybe just another melee person. I honestly don't know.

Though like I said those are just guesses that I made from my personal perspective so I could be completely off. Especially since I'm still in the first reactor.

edit: Also, in the area when you get barret, it doesn't let you go back to the section where Wedge is.
      edit: nevermind, I think that was just me being stupid and not going far enough back.
« Last Edit: 2013-01-10 06:18:12 by strife98 »

Tenko Kuugen

• Public Enemy
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #207 on: 2013-01-11 09:19:58 »
I found one small bug. Not game breaking or entirely bad, but i'm pretty sure it shouldn't happen so I figured I should post it. When you are in the first reactor, and are first introduced to ladders, and about hitting start if you get stuck. If you hit start after Jessie finishes talking it teleports you to the point it's supposed to. I think it skips out on a point where you can talk to Barret, and it keeps him solid so you can talk to him. I didn't notice this until I tried to get back up the ladder and couldn't get through Barret, so I talked to him, and after the dialogue box cleared Cloud did a super jump to the top of the ladder and started to climb down. Like I said, not game breaking, but just wanted to point it out.

edit: Ok, so it happens whenever you go back to the area where Jessie is just chillin.

edit: Also, I was wondering if you could go more in depth about the classes of each person. I mean, I can probably guess most of them:
Cloud: Kinda like a battle mage. Well rounded in almost everything, but doesn't really stand out.
Barret: Tank. Lots of hit points, best person to put the cover materia on (if it's still in game) High in defense. Decent in attack, but low on magic.
Tifa: Powerhouse. Does a lot of physical damage, but low on magic damage.
Aeris: Mage. Lots of magic damage, and a great healer. Does low physical damage, and has little health and defense.
Red XIII: I can't really think of anything, maybe something like Cloud is, but with a bit more magic?
Yuffie: Ninja. High speed, high chance to not get hit. Medium amount of health, and decent damage
Vincent: Not sure either, but at just a guess maybe, high attack low defense so it's best to keep him in the back. Kind of like the opposite of Barret with a bit more magic ability then Cloud.
Cid: I'm really not sure with him, maybe just another melee person. I honestly don't know.

Though like I said those are just guesses that I made from my personal perspective so I could be completely off. Especially since I'm still in the first reactor.

edit: Also, in the area when you get barret, it doesn't let you go back to the section where Wedge is.
      edit: nevermind, I think that was just me being stupid and not going far enough back.

Cloud is an all-rounder but his offensive capabilities grow further than his defensive ones. He is also reasonably fast. He needs the most XP to reach lvl 99.

Barret has the highest HP out of everyone and has very high physical attributes but is rather slow and weak to magic.

Tifa has good HP, very high power and good speed but her magic stats aren't the best.

Aerith is the exclusive mage who has the lowest HP, the highest MP, the lowest physical stats and highest magical stats out of everyone. She isn't very quick at first but she improves towards the end.

Red 13 is the opposite of Cloud, also an all-rounder but his defensive stats grow further than his offensive ones. He is also faster than Cloud. His HP is a little lower than Clouds but his MP is higher.

Yuffie has decent physical and magical attack but only moderate defenses. She has the highest speed and luck stats out of everyone. Her HP is not very good but her MP is the second highest in the game

Cait Sith can do a bit of everything but is very slow, the slowest character in the game unless you get very unlucky with Barrets growth. His stats all range between decent and good, and his HP total is very high. He can substitute for most others. He is also quite lucky. He, Vincent and Cid need the least XP to 99.

Vincent is an oddball in that his stats follow no clear pattern as those before. His power is high and his spirit even higher. His speed and physical defense are only moderate but his magic is decent. His HP and MP are not as high as some of the others but his true strenght lies in his weapons.

Cid is more speedy version of Barret with not quite as bad magic values but lower HP.

As for the issues in the first reactor, considering how small a problem it proves as you can't get permanently stuck, the required coding changes would be extremely annoying, so I left it as is. That part comes from the OVA, which did not let you go back at all ( not through the entire thing, not even 1 screen ), which makes this a slightly difficult section to work at

xandric0214

• View Profile
« Reply #208 on: 2013-01-16 03:02:15 »
hi! mr kuugen, in the world map near calm going to the chocobo ranch, when i battle 3 prowler then they always escape, then when i encounter enemy i got a blackscreen but the sound is still playing, sorry for asking this and also i dont use bootleg
sorry for asking i am a newbie here thank you.

Update: i try not to put the scence.bin and it work, i think there is a problem in the scene.bin, but right now i dont know how to fix this
« Last Edit: 2013-01-16 04:02:33 by xandric0214 »

meesbaker

• View Profile
« Reply #209 on: 2013-01-16 04:08:55 »
I hope you know that the Scene.bin contains all enemy data so playing a hardcore mod does not really make sense without updating scene.bin . I suggest you have a look at the scene containing prowler and look at the AI script. Maybe just putting different enemies into that Scene will already fix the problem. If this problem will occur to others its probably an AI bug. I will check the AI later

Tenko Kuugen

• Public Enemy
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #210 on: 2013-01-16 14:28:20 »
I haven't heard of a problem like this. It's recommended to install this via bootleg because of the dependencies it has.

Also, I need your app.log to actually see what is happening there.

Vgr

• Global moderator
  • If it quacks like a duck, it must be a duck
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: 2013-01-16 14:35:40 »
It should be able to be installed without Bootleg, but it would need an installer of its own. Check the first post to see what you need and try to install that.

IntoDaNaight

• View Profile
« Reply #212 on: 2013-01-16 21:29:32 »
I've just signed in to thank you all for the good work and sweat put in this project.
I've been messing arround with mods during the past few weeks and this seems like the ONE.
Please keep it going for the good mod's sake and let me know if you need some player testing.

Also, I'd like to point out something related to bootleg setup: the only way I could manage to properly install this mod was reinstalling FF7 from scratch and using bootleg 040 to apply ONLY your mod (nightmare conversion option inside Bootleg).
Before trying this, I had applied few bootleg diff. configs already to try diff mods, and when I tried to convert to Nightmare It'd patch perfectly, showed the NEW GAME picture from Hojo, and stuff, but the New materia stats wouldn't show on, neither Zack at the beggining or the hidden system.

Anyways, making a clean ff7 install and converting to Nightmare 7 as your 1st patch worked fine for me.

Weird, huh?

Thanks!
« Last Edit: 2013-01-16 23:32:23 by IntoDaNaight »

Vgr

• Global moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: 2013-01-17 13:33:16 »
Weird, huh?

In fact, you need to always install Bootleg on a fresh install of FFVII, or stuff like this will happen.

Edit: Ok, so I decided to try this mod for the first time. Error in the first screen, in the menu, it says "Plattform"

Edit2: While I'm at it, the "Hidden Items" function at the save point is somehow broken. Earlier it said I had 2 of 10 items. I was like "what? I took at least 5-6 of them. guess it only counts rare items" but then just now it said I had 1 of 10 items, and I had picked at least another thing, maybe two. (Edit: At first reactor) There's also the Mega Lixir glitch, but I recall this has been pointed out already.

Sorry if this has been already reported.
« Last Edit: 2013-01-17 16:06:19 by Vgr »

IntoDaNaight

• View Profile
« Reply #214 on: 2013-01-17 17:31:06 »

Edit2: While I'm at it, the "Hidden Items" function at the save point is somehow broken. Earlier it said I had 2 of 10 items. I was like "what? I took at least 5-6 of them. guess it only counts rare items" but then just now it said I had 1 of 10 items, and I had picked at least another thing, maybe two. (Edit: At first reactor) There's also the Mega Lixir glitch, but I recall this has been pointed out already.

Happened the same to me, I almost had them all and it pointed out I had 2 of 10 items. I did then save my game at the save-point in front of the Scorpion, and when I loaded that game again it pointed out I had 0 of 10 items, still I had all of them in my stash.

IntoDaNaight

• View Profile
« Reply #215 on: 2013-01-17 17:35:40 »
Dunno If this is the right topic as to note some crashes my FF7.exe has been doing lately. It looks like it crashes completely at random (mostly when you change from one scenario to another one, or when you enter a battle). Puff! Black screen and dump file.
I have to say none of this ever happens with my 2012 FFVII release.

Its getting really annoying, since there's no way I can predict when it's going to happen again.

INFO: FF7/FF8 OpenGL driver version 0.7.11b
INFO: Auto-detected version: FF7 1.02 US English
INFO: ATI Technologies Inc. ATI Radeon HD 5800 Series 4.2.11931 Compatibility Profile Context
INFO: OpenGL 2.0 support detected
INFO: Using PBO
INFO: Found swap_control extension
INFO: Max texture size: 16384x16384
INFO: Number of texture units: 8
INFO: Original resolution 640x480, window size 1920x1080, output resolution 1440x1080, internal resolution 1920x1440
INFO: FBO extension detected, using fast scaling/postprocessing path
INFO: Shader limits: varying 128, vert uniform 16384, frag uniform 16384
INFO: FFMpeg movie player plugin loaded
INFO: FFMpeg version SVN-r25886, Copyright (c) 2000-2010 Fabrice Bellard, et al.
INFO: FF7Music helper plugin loaded
INFO: Loading external library Multi.dll
LOCK UNLOCK TEST
MATRIX INITIALIZE
INITIALIZE DD/D3D END
initializing sound...
creating dsound primary buffer
reading audio file
loading static sounds
sound initialized
set music volume: 127
Entering MAIN
Exiting MAIN
START OF CREDITS!!!
INFO: E:\Juegos\FFVII\movies\eidoslogo.avi; indeo5/pcm_s16le 640x480, 30.000000 FPS, duration: 12.933333, frames: 388
INFO: slow output format from video codec indeo5; 6
set music volume trans: 127->0, step=60
END OF CREDITS!!!
Entering MAIN
Exiting MAIN
START OF MENU SYSTEM!!!
END OF MENU SYSTEM!!!
Entering MAIN
Exiting MAIN
Field Start
ERROR: unhandled exception

Thanks in advance!

Tenko Kuugen

• Public Enemy
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #216 on: 2013-01-18 01:40:27 »
In fact, you need to always install Bootleg on a fresh install of FFVII, or stuff like this will happen.

Edit: Ok, so I decided to try this mod for the first time. Error in the first screen, in the menu, it says "Plattform"

jesus christ the mega lixir glitch is still there? what else do I need to do to fix this?

I had never any problems with the hidden item counter being screwed up. weird. nor did my testers.
I use 14 202 as variable to store the hidden item count and nothing in the game should ever touch that unless some other mod introduces it. ( and other mods are incompatible with N7 anyway )

I just went over the code and can't find anything in the full flevel that would cause this. ( the hidden item counter )

Can you explain in detail what you are doing when the HI counter resets or gets messed up? Also explain the mega lixir glitch in detail again. I found one possible issue with it and will see if this fixes it.

Vgr

• Global moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: 2013-01-18 22:46:43 »
HI counter: First time checking it, said 2 of 10. Second time (after having picked at least one other item, maybe two) said 1 of 10. No more information right now. Oh and I'm using the one in Tifa's Package (didn't bother to check, I assumed it was the latest version).

Mega Lixir glitch: Pick it. Leave screen. Re-enter. Pick it again. Repeat. I can leave down, up, fight as many battles as I want, save, reload, it will still be there.

I installed Nightmare with Bootleg and installed nothing else.

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
  • Dilly-Dally Shilly-Shally
    • View Profile
    • EQ2Alyza - YouTube Channel
« Reply #218 on: 2013-01-18 23:26:46 »
Vgr,

Tifa's Package mistakenly has 1.0.5 and 1.0.6 in it. I checked my Bootleg.log though, and it installs 1.0.6 properly, so it should be the latest version.

Tenko Kuugen

• Public Enemy
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #219 on: 2013-01-18 23:47:56 »
I have no idea what causes the HI counter to get messed up. Like I said, nothing in the game should touch that variable. ever.
The megalixir glitch I think I figured out. There was a gamemoment check containing a label jump before the check that would disable the item ran. so it never ran the check I put in.

Vgr

• Global moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: 2013-01-18 23:53:52 »
My guess for the HI is that there is some math problem and that it's the exact opposite (I'm missing 1 of 10 items instead of have 1 of 10). Not sure though.

Tenko Kuugen

• Public Enemy
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #221 on: 2013-01-19 00:25:58 »
the code is very simple
pick up a hidden item, set variable 14 202 = 14 202 +1
check the number of hidden items you have at save point
set variable 14 202 to display in window 1

thats pretty much it

my only guess is that this is a bootleg introduced bug in some way. because i never had this happen with a manual install. and I got no explanation either.

strife98

• Global moderator
  • Doink!
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: 2013-01-19 09:22:26 »
Is there a way to make the save anywhere mod work with this? I'm having a memory leak problem with bootleg, and the removed save points are making it impossible for me to get passed the point where I have to lead Aerith to sector 7. It locks up every time in the construction area before the park, mainly in fights.

Kaldarasha

• Prince of Model Editing
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: 2013-01-19 10:13:56 »
I have no idea what causes the HI counter to get messed up. Like I said, nothing in the game should touch that variable. ever.
The megalixir glitch I think I figured out. There was a gamemoment check containing a label jump before the check that would disable the item ran. so it never ran the check I put in.

I have sometime the feeling that MakouReaktor is doing some strange things to the 'jump to byte/label'. I have seen strange flat models and frozen scenes caused by missleaded jumps. Possible that it is caused by switching from 1.4 to 1.5. I'm not hundred percent sure, if this is or was a mistake by me, but there was no reason to alter the jumps...
I only mention this to spot out: if something strange is happening, you should first check that every jump is correct and the labels are on their propper place.

Tenko Kuugen

• Public Enemy
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #224 on: 2013-01-19 15:32:11 »
I did all the jumps with MK1.5.1 so they're correct. To begin with, the only way this counter can get messed up is if it either falls off memory ( which absolutely shouldn't happen ever ) for some reason or gets altered by something else ( which also should never happen unless another mod introduces something like that )
I found neither in my code for the full level. I just now went through a global search for the variable and it is only ever used by me
I Played through the entire midgar section before I released this, using many saves and never ran into HI counter corruption so my only guess is that this is something related to bootleg.
Can you try to patch your game manually ( install aerith revival, hardcore mod, then N7 on top ) and see if it still happens?

Note: by the time you hit the checkpoint, you can only have 9/10 items as the last item is in the reactor core room and only available after you fight guard scorpion

Is there a way to make the save anywhere mod work with this? I'm having a memory leak problem with bootleg, and the removed save points are making it impossible for me to get passed the point where I have to lead Aerith to sector 7. It locks up every time in the construction area before the park, mainly in fights.

In theory you can, but I'm not accountable for any glitches you will encounter ( and oh boy you will using save anywhere )
You download the trainer for the game and simply enable 'full menu options' ( Q+0 or Q+1 iirc ) and that lets you save anywhere.
Just make sure to never save in a room where an event just started and always go back one room at least.
« Last Edit: 2013-01-19 15:36:24 by Tenko Kuugen »