Author Topic: [PSX/PC] Save Editor - Black Chocobo (v1.15)  (Read 1001446 times)

kashmar

• View Profile
Re: [RELEASE v1.9.7]: Black Chocobo - FF7 Save Game Editor
« Reply #900 on: 2013-06-24 17:34:10 »
Hi all, having a problem and turned to BC for help, but now struggling again. Any help with either problem would be greatly appreciated.

So, firstly, I am playing FF7 on PCSXR (latest version, I'm pretty sure), on my MacBook Pro, running 10.6.8. Game has been playing fine till now, but I have reached the flashback at Kalm, and the game keeps freezing after the battle with Sephiroth against the dragon. I have seen in some places this is due to graphical drivers, and that I need to download a True Motion codec, but this is PC specific, so not much help for me.

So I downloaded BC in the hopes of editing the save game and skipping to after the cutscene, or flashback, or dragon battle, or something similar that will fix the problem. I've found my memory cards, and have my latest save game open for edit, but I can't see any option that would fix this issue. The game progress box, where it would presumably be, only shows a very few options, up to Sector 5, which, of course, I am well beyond at this point.

Does anyone have any suggestions for solving the problem, either through BC or through graphical means? I am really enjoying this game, and would hate to have to give it up. Upgrading from Snow Leopard is not an option for me, nor is Bootcamp (my Bootcamp partition is currently dead and in need of resurrection).

EDIT: OK, solved it, a BIOS issue, apparently. Credit to George.

"For macs, the current pcsxr instructions floating around tell us to put the entire BIOS pack of like ten .bin files into the "BIOS" folder. Apparently, only one BIOS file can be read at a time. To get past this glitch, remove all the BIOS files except scph1001.bin."

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20110607025622AAprFka

Hope it helps others in the future.
« Last Edit: 2013-06-24 17:51:52 by kashmar »

MatrixOne

• View Profile
« Reply #901 on: 2013-06-28 19:48:55 »
Greatings

I have a problem with BC:
For general info: im using the new release on pc converted with bootleg to old, so far so fine, now when i load a file into Bc to edit it  everything goes like it should.
But as soon as i save them and want to play(run via bootloader) the game itself doesnt recognize the modified file and loads the file in its old unmodified state.

Could anyone provide me pls useful info, i have tried to search if there was another location where files are saved but no , and when i try to load the save file again in Bc it gives me the modified file which the game things and displays as old unmodified...
Well i hope to make you understand myself, im not used to the english language.

sithlord48

• Dark Lord of the Savegame
    • View Profile
    • Blackchocobo
« Reply #902 on: 2013-06-28 20:53:48 »
sounds like your not editing the correct file. after the old to new patch the saves should be in <FF7Path>/Save.

MatrixOne

• View Profile
« Reply #903 on: 2013-06-28 21:41:59 »
Yes the saves are for me in the same save folder like you described, thats what confuses me, i load them up from there, modify them and put them back in the same location, then restart the game , load exactly that file(at least there are no new files listed) but no changes are applied. I have tried to search for any other ff7 save files on my whole pc other than that which i extract for moddifying from that specific folder without positiv result, so does bootleg may cause this problem?

Before new to old convert i used the 2012 release and modified the cloud files without problems, so thats why i assume BC works correct. Cloud files are still on pc but it arent those i extract for moddifying but those located in f7path/save folder.

Hmm.. now when starting BC and searching the files from the save folder he shows me the files that i edited but these are definitivly not those shown by the game, but i have no clue where the game is getting them from, for example: i m in the training room in 1st village, party is with cloud, tifa and barret, i make a save there(at ingame savepoint). Now when i exit game ,open BC and want to load the file from the save folder no such a file exists, so where the heck does the game saves it? As i said windows search didnt find other files than that in my ff7 save file folder.
Folder location is: C:\Programme(x86)\Square Enix\FINAL FANTASY VII\save

« Last Edit: 2013-06-28 22:07:55 by MatrixOne »

Covarr

• Covarr-Let
  • Administrator
  • Just Covarr. No "n".
    • View Profile
« Reply #904 on: 2013-06-28 22:01:32 »
Let me guess: Windows Vista, 7, or 8, game installed in "Program Files" folder? This sounds a lot like Windows' stupid VirtualStore feature. Try running Black Chocobo as admin and see if that fixes it.

MatrixOne

• View Profile
« Reply #905 on: 2013-06-28 22:10:47 »
Let me guess: Windows Vista, 7, or 8, game installed in "Program Files" folder? This sounds a lot like Windows' stupid VirtualStore feature. Try running Black Chocobo as admin and see if that fixes it.

Yep was admin problem with BC ,  now it works. THX alot.

sm0kie420

• View Profile
« Reply #906 on: 2013-07-03 17:37:51 »
Hi all I need some help.

I have the real PC2012 version, and I disabled cloud saving using firewall.  It was working totally fine, it would save and load locally over a few months with no problems. I got to the part where the weapon attacked Midgar.

Anyway, at that point I found out about Black Chocobo and edited a file and saved it.  The problem now is, it always automatically deletes my save files even though it doesn't load cloud files, it's all local.  Now I lost my main save :( and the sample ones won't work either, I even try export to PC.

When the FF7 launcher starts, it says "failed to load cloud files, saving locally" (that's normal), but it erases my save file.  It also erases again when I launch the actual program and I reach the main menu.  The save gets erased and the continue option is greyed out.  Help!  Any way to create a save file that is at that spot in the game?

Rundas

• What do you even do?
    • View Profile
« Reply #907 on: 2013-07-03 18:41:10 »
You'll need to find one online.

sithlord48

• View Profile
    • Blackchocobo
« Reply #908 on: 2013-07-03 19:31:48 »

if not then .

try with your cloud save enabled its not really designed to work offline thats kinda the point of their cloud saves. if you not going to use the cloud save you should convert your game to the 98 version and use aali's driver.
« Last Edit: 2013-07-03 20:38:13 by sithlord48 »

sm0kie420

• View Profile
« Reply #909 on: 2013-07-04 09:16:27 »
You'll need to find one online.

Um does anyone have a save file near the part where the Weapon attacks Midgar?  It's OK if it's a little before or after.  Or does anyone know the Game Progress number?

w00dst0ckOo

• View Profile
« Reply #910 on: 2013-07-04 13:33:56 »
Hi there,

I wanted to use your tool at first its awesome
but for now if got a problem bringing the edited savegames back to my CFW/PS3

I tried

Requirements:
A PS3 w/ Custom Firmware and a file browser
Any card or usb stick your ps3 will accept
Black Chocobo 1.9.6 or higher.
The Method:
1. When you finish Editing your save use Export MC file , be sure your name ends in ".VM1" put the file on your usb stick
2. Insert the usb into the ps3 turn it on and open your file browser
3. Copy the VM1 file you made to /dev_hdd0/savedata/vmc

but this don't work for me ?! or is there a step i miss out?

thx for your help

greetz w00dy

sithlord48

• View Profile
    • Blackchocobo
« Reply #911 on: 2013-07-04 15:16:02 »
@w00dst0ck0o well you need a file browser on your ps3 to copy this back you can not do it thru the XMB.. something like multiman's file browser will work.

@sm0kie420 you should check eslava's Savegame Compilation if there is not at that exact point there will be once that is close to it.

w00dst0ckOo

• View Profile
« Reply #912 on: 2013-07-04 15:38:47 »
@w00dst0ck0o well you need a file browser on your ps3 to copy this back you can not do it thru the XMB.. something like multiman's file browser will work.
as told i used the prefered method but whats the step after copying them (with multiman v4.40) i cant use the files in the PNS version  of ff7 . the ps3 doesn't regornize
the file. the only way to make them apear is to bind them into a memorycard slot but this doesn't work either.

sithlord48

• View Profile
    • Blackchocobo
« Reply #913 on: 2013-07-04 15:51:55 »
the VM1 file is the memory card format that the ps3 uses internally.  yes you must select it as a memory card. also be sure you have saved the files in the correct region for your copy of FF7 (black chocobo uses the US version by default)

Lambo

• Yare Yare...
    • View Profile
« Reply #914 on: 2013-07-05 08:32:36 »
Would there happen to be a way to export/copy over the materia,items,chocobos,etc. to a new slot without copying the whole slot causing the location to change as well? Almost like a late new game+ , just as an alternative to manually inserting everything that I want to carry over before I start getting to it  :?

sithlord48

• View Profile
    • Blackchocobo
« Reply #915 on: 2013-07-05 14:07:16 »
Would there happen to be a way to export/copy over the materia,items,chocobos,etc. to a new slot without copying the whole slot causing the location to change as well? Almost like a late new game+ , just as an alternative to manually inserting everything that I want to carry over before I start getting to it  :?
nope you would need to do this manually.

sm0kie420

• View Profile
« Reply #916 on: 2013-07-05 21:19:30 »
@sm0kie420 you should check eslava's Savegame Compilation if there is not at that exact point there will be once that is close to it.

Thank you!  This was perfect.  Was able to manually edit the file till it was pretty similar to what I had.

I figured out what went wrong.  For PC 2012, you actually need to have multiple save files, not just one.  That way the option won't grey out and you can export the save file during the slot selection screen.

sithlord48

• View Profile
    • Blackchocobo
« Reply #917 on: 2013-07-08 04:11:44 »
Finally have just about all the fields in the game have been added to FF7Location. This means you can use the new Location Viewer to select from OVER 500 field locations and your location data will automaticly be set. each location has a preview image and translations for the 5 offical languages of the game. This is important even to player who only use the english text for black chocobo. because when saving to the file the string for the location is picked based on the region of the game your saving to for example if you play in japanese but edit in english Black Chocobo will save the japanese version of the location you have selected. there is however one downside to this the program will require a bit more disk space due to the preview images (567 *avg size of 7k is lots of bits for pictures).

Scipizoa

• View Profile
« Reply #918 on: 2013-07-10 17:53:42 »
Hey all, Just had a hell of a time signing up on these forums with the captchav being a broken image,  but anyways  I have the steam version of ff7   i made a save file ingame  then edited it   then  when i relaunched the game with no cloud save enabled  it deleted my save file[ i think  ]  because the continue option remains greyed out   was this program not updated for the steam version yet? or did i blonde it up somehow  ;0
« Last Edit: 2013-07-10 17:59:58 by Scipizoa »

sithlord48

• View Profile
    • Blackchocobo
« Reply #919 on: 2013-07-10 18:29:45 »
should work for the steam version just the same as the 2012 version , you may for windows have to run the program as admin.

Scipizoa

• View Profile
« Reply #920 on: 2013-07-10 18:31:52 »
Oh I see,  so the fact that ff7 deleted my save file may have something todo with the file be1ng saved by the program not being ran as admin?

Edit: seerms to work,  yea appearently thats what the problem was,  go figure,

I just need a confirmation on one thing,  i can't increase stats beyond a level right??  i.e  I was testing the limits of this program and i can't set clouds max mp to lets say 200 while he's at lvl 7?   i've tried this and it reverted back to the original level set mp  ;p 
« Last Edit: 2013-07-10 20:03:44 by Scipizoa »

sithlord48

• View Profile
    • Blackchocobo
« Reply #921 on: 2013-07-11 02:38:07 »
in order to edit a characters max HP or max MP you must change the base hp or mp stat. while the max hp/mp are saved they game seams to ingore them. it instead will use the calculated values (base stat +/- materia additions).

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #922 on: 2013-07-11 03:53:17 »
You're prob better off removing the option  to change the redundant data Sith, or move it elsewhere?

sithlord48

• View Profile
    • Blackchocobo
« Reply #923 on: 2013-07-11 15:50:37 »
You're prob better off removing the option  to change the redundant data Sith, or move it elsewhere?

perhaps ill add a tooltip for max hp/mp that says "this is a calculated value please change base instead"

snarfi

• View Profile
« Reply #924 on: 2013-07-13 09:31:24 »
Hello,

I seem to have a problem with the FF VII Steam edition.
Problem: Saves get deleted right at the start of the launcher, cloud save is turned off.

I did read that you might have to start BlackChocobo with admin rights and I did.
But it's doesn't fix the problem for me.