Author Topic: Installation of Mods (Errors)  (Read 4951 times)

TheCoryGuy

• View Profile
Installation of Mods (Errors)
« on: 2013-03-20 18:18:22 »
Hello, all. Newbie Cory here.

So I'm trying to apply some enhanced graphics, remastered audio tracks, and the HARD mods to Final Fantasy VII for PC.

I got thrown the error "Unable to locate registry key. Please reinstall FF7" or something along those line. After extracting the latest version of Aali's Custom Graphics driver (which I got from the post HERE ) to Program Files (x86)/Square Enix/Final Fantasy VII, and trying to launch the Config.exe, I got this error.

I reinstalled Final Fantasy VII. This didn't help. I have a legitimate, purchased copy of FF7 for PC, validated serial key, and am logged in with my Square Enix account.

Maybe I'm just a newb... Help is appreciated!

ALSO, as a suggestion, there should be STICKY(s) of the most popular, stable mods for each section, I think! :D

Thanks in advance,
~Cory
« Last Edit: 2013-03-20 18:23:21 by TheCoryGuy »

TheCoryGuy

• View Profile
Re: Installation of Mods (Errors)
« Reply #1 on: 2013-03-20 18:26:59 »
Also, I'm getting errors from other mod installers saying Final Fantasy VII isn't installed...

nfitc1

• I just don't know what went wrong.
    • View Profile
    • WM/PrC Blog
« Reply #2 on: 2013-03-20 19:21:47 »
Two questions:

1. How did you post twice and still have a post count of 1?

I have a legitimate, purchased copy of FF7 for PC, validated serial key, and am logged in with my Square Enix account.

What?! This game doesn't want a serial key or Internet connection. Can you play it without mods?

Covarr

• Covarr-Let
  • Administrator
  • Just Covarr. No "n".
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2013-03-20 20:15:23 »
What?! This game doesn't want a serial key or Internet connection. Can you play it without mods?
The 2012 version totally does.

The problem is that Aali's driver (and the vast majority of mods) does not work with the 2012 version. You can use this tool to convert your copy to the 1998 version and use all mods with it, or let Bootleg do it for you.

TheCoryGuy

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2013-03-21 17:13:41 »
The 2012 version totally does.

The problem is that Aali's driver (and the vast majority of mods) does not work with the 2012 version. You can use this tool to convert your copy to the 1998 version and use all mods with it, or let Bootleg do it for you.

Thank you. I went through with Bootleg and have gotten some character model textures to be applied, but that's all I notice. No custom soundtrack, no custom intro screens, options to skip cutscenes, hardmode, etc... I have installed the mods as required before running bootleg.

Thanks for the responses!

ALSO - what shortcut are you supposed to use to boot the game? So far, only the default Final Fantasy VII launcher works. The others (of the 3) ask for discs.
« Last Edit: 2013-03-21 17:15:19 by TheCoryGuy »