Author Topic: FF13 gives your ps3 aids!!  (Read 30254 times)

Krimson Hawk

• View Profile
Re: FF13 gives your ps3 aids!!
« Reply #50 on: 2010-06-26 16:51:04 »
FFXIII didn't break my PS3 so much as it wasted my time, I didn't even finish it cause it was so bad (just my opinion) in fact funny enough after I gave up on that I went back to the old PS1 games to reminisce about a time when square didn't have their heads shoved quite so far up their ***. It was because of that game I ended up wanting to play FFVII again and then I searched online for PC games cause my old PS1 version is not here, I noticed this forum and bought FFVII PC then installed the remix patch and I'm damn glad XIII was crap or I probably wouldn't have found this place ^.^ (sorry if i'm off topic lol)

Furzball

• Furzball happens...
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: 2010-06-26 18:50:50 »

Kudistos Megistos

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: 2010-06-26 18:53:13 »
You call that fail, I call it an ingenious way of keeping possession. As long as he can hop along the field like that, the other side won't be able to get the ball off him without the risk of being penalised for a high tackle. ;D

Timu Sumisu

• The Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: 2010-06-26 19:05:23 »
You call that fail, I call it an ingenious way of keeping possession. As long as he can hop along the field like that, the other side won't be able to get the ball off him without the risk of being penalised for a high tackle. ;D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O-ZIHrBBWrQ The awesome of soccer stunts.... there should be more of this in the world cup :P

natkoden

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: 2010-06-27 02:46:27 »
Im playing it on my 360 and it amazes me how they came up with such a poorly executed port.

cinematics looks awful

Nightmarish

• owari da
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: 2010-06-28 17:33:08 »
Cba to go tru the flirting posts here so can anyone tell me in one line what FF13 did to PS3?

yoshi314

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: 2010-06-28 19:45:18 »
to me ff13 is bad mostly because of a few reasons

1. it was adapted to work with xbox360 media capacity. which means the game hardly makes use of ps3 disk capacity, and likely makes various quality compromises.
2, game is very linear, even more than typical ff games.
3, it looks and feels like ff12, with slightly improved graphics and better level of enemy interaction. and that's pretty much it. there is hardly any advancement justifying switching to a new platform.  only graphics, pretty much.

Furzball

• Furzball happens...
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: 2010-06-28 19:58:11 »

1. it was adapted to work with xbox360 media capacity. which means the game hardly makes use of ps3 disk capacity, and likely makes various quality compromises.
3, it looks and feels like ff12, with slightly improved graphics and better level of enemy interaction. and that's pretty much it. there is hardly any advancement justifying switching to a new platform.  only graphics, pretty much.
This is sadly why I have (or had, have to find it to sell. A FF12 that I haven't played. Got it for Xmas from parents remembering I like Final Fantasy games.

So since FFX was the last SquareSoft game, lets assume ever since then, most of the series failed.

Mendelevium

• View Profile
« Reply #58 on: 2010-06-28 20:08:13 »

This is sadly why I have (or had, have to find it to sell. A FF12 that I haven't played. Got it for Xmas from parents remembering I like Final Fantasy games.

So since FFX was the last SquareSoft game, lets assume ever since then, most of the series failed.

Wasn't FFX-2 made by Square as well? ;).

Furzball

• Furzball happens...
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: 2010-06-28 20:27:01 »

Wasn't FFX-2 made by Square as well? ;).
Sadly it's a SquareEnix game and not a Squaresoft.
Only redeeming qualities in FFX-2 are
-ending where tidus comes back (btw, graphics crabbed out while girls are on top of airship, making yuna have big ugly teeth)
- Lulu having a kid ( I just like that we get to see a baby. Plus it show good life past the adventure stuff. Wakka's lovers gut lol)

rest of it was bland. Did like some of the control stuff like controlling shots while as a gunner. Usually I'd make all three girls gunners for the bosses and just wipe the floor with any including angra manju or whatever his name is.

yoshi314

• View Profile
« Reply #60 on: 2010-06-28 21:03:02 »

you should give ff12 a try. it's best feature is that it automates most mundane tasks with gambits.

i liked the first half of the game, when matsuno was still in charge of the game. it went in a really good direction, and the music and graphics have that vagrant story feel to them, which makes it all the more awesome.

the latter part of game is a bit worse and feels quite rushed, incomplete.

Furzball

• Furzball happens...
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: 2010-06-28 21:11:01 »
Ok so just like FFX2 it has a few interesting features but overall sucks... sorry but no thanks.

Krimson Hawk

• View Profile
« Reply #62 on: 2010-06-28 21:18:24 »
FF12 had a very boring plot, I played it once for one reason only. I have this obsession with killing super bosses that are extremely hard to kill and Yazmat was FF12's ultimate challenge. I fought him head on with no stupid tricks using the arena or saving in between, took me 4 and a half hours to kill the bugger, he has 50 million HP and his physical attack can cause death. He's also VERY fast and you can only deal 6999 damage per hit after you wipe out the first 10 mil, pretty sure it's 10 mil anyway.
On topic though, FF13's battle system was actually a downgraded version of 12 cause' in 12 you can set gambits to prioritize your characters' tasks but could also control all 3 if necessary. 13 was just terrible, you could only control the "leader" and if that character died it didn't matter if the other 2 were alive it was game over. This stupid problem didn't make the game harder more than it took away from the overall game play since summons are pretty useless and only the leader of course can summon. There's even worse things I could say but I've ranted enough, if the game itself got destroyed inside the PS3 rather than the system that would actually be a plus.

Covarr

• Covarr-Let
  • Administrator
  • Just Covarr. No "n".
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: 2010-06-29 01:19:59 »
With the FMVs, this is not true at all. The FMVs were all way hypercompressed on the 360 version, and looked like crap, but were beautiful and crisp on the PS3.

They may have made other compromises, but the PS3 version of FFXIII still makes good use of blu-ray, of the additional space they had available to them. Fairly certain they even needed a dual-layer disc for it, which is uncommon for PS3 games.