Author Topic: My Apology  (Read 34126 times)

Kudistos Megistos

• Banned
    • View Profile
Re: My Apology
« Reply #25 on: 2010-03-25 15:48:01 »
Hrm...so Makubex was a lie, eh? So my theory that people who claim to like FF8 but have no interest FF7 don't really exist is one step closer to being proven!

Good news!

Makubex also modded FF7, so your theory has been closer to getting proven for quite some time! ;D

Just don't search for the member "Colly"...

I'd like to get to know the [size=reallybig]REAL you. I think most of us would as well. Dont EVER make multiple accounts like that again, you'll end up being like Hermoor and Seifer, and thats not good.
Watch it with the font size, Halkun growled at me for that once.
But now that he's admitted his wrongdoings, mayhaps we'll get to see what he's really like.
Also, to be fair, Hermaphrodite only made multiple accounts because he kept getting banned, I don't think he's ever had two simultaneous accounts and pretended to be someone else.

Seifer pretended to be someone else when he was pr0n-spamming with Hermoor, but I think the idea was that Mendelevium might end up being like them in terms of popularity and reputation.

Bosola

• Fire hazard!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #26 on: 2010-03-25 18:08:04 »

>>> Implying you should treat online personas as anything other than, at best, a game, at worst outright fabrication

Welcome to the internet.

Mako

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2010-03-25 18:10:53 »
On that same note SOMETIMES I wish I was a man think of the possibilities! No more getting ganked at the dealership or at the repair shop. You can go to a bar without fear of being fondled. Guys can also shed weight faster and gain muscle! If I was a big biker guy with muscles everywhere I wouldn't have gotten mugged for my purse last year instead of falling to the floor like a sack of potatoes crying...Kickboxing lessons do work thou I recommend it ;). /Rant 

It seems like this guy's a nice guy hopefully this is the real HIM. Cause how confusing would it be if he/she was a teenage girl! /Creepy.

titeguy3

• A jack of all trades
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2010-03-25 18:20:53 »
On that same note SOMETIMES I wish I was a man think of the possibilities! No more getting low prices at the dealership or at the repair shop. You can go to a bar without fear of having someone buy you a drink or meeting new people. Guys can also obsess about working out all the time because it makes them feel confident in themselves and draws attention away from the fact that they're not doing much else with their lives! If I was a big "fag" with muscles everywhere a switchblade I wouldn't have gotten mugged for my purse last year instead of falling to the floor like a sack of potatoes crying...
Fixed it for ya! ;D

I'm sorry to hear about you being mugged, though. I'll admit that that *is* something that happens to women more often than men, assuming you don't live in the ghetto....

EDIT: ....or China.
« Last Edit: 2010-03-25 18:22:47 by titeguy3 »

Kudistos Megistos

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2010-03-25 18:25:37 »
On that same note SOMETIMES I wish I was a man think of the possibilities! No more getting low prices at the dealership or at the repair shop. You can go to a bar without fear of having someone buy you a drink or meeting new people. Guys can also obsess about working out all the time because it makes them feel confident in themselves and draws attention away from the fact that they're not doing much else with their lives! If I was a big "fag" with muscles everywhere a switchblade I wouldn't have gotten mugged for my purse last year instead of falling to the floor like a sack of potatoes crying...
Fixed it for ya! ;D

I'm sorry to hear about you being mugged, though. I'll admit that that *is* something that happens to women more often than men, assuming you don't live in the ghetto.

I'm almost certain that men are more likely to be the victims of every violent crime other than rape. :'(

And on the subject of who has it better:

http://www.sankakucomplex.com/2010/02/24/i-want-to-become-a-woman-mental-health-through-manga/  ;D (possibility of NSFW ads)

obesebear

• View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 2010-03-25 18:25:57 »
On that same note SOMETIMES I wish I was a man think of the possibilities! No more getting ganked at the dealership or at the repair shop. You can go to a bar without fear of being fondled. Guys can also shed weight faster and gain muscle! If I was a big biker guy with muscles everywhere I wouldn't have gotten mugged for my purse last year instead of falling to the floor like a sack of potatoes crying...Kickboxing lessons do work thou I recommend it ;). /Rant  
Sometimes I wish I was a woman so I could get free drinks and dinners.  Also, I would be a hottie.  [*Tip of the Day* If you're a woman, shamelessly flirt at the dealership and repair shops, or anywhere really...easy 50% discount.]  Unfortunately it doesn't work the same for us :(  Well not usually :o

Welcome to the internet.
Hey alright, glad I'm not the only one with this point of view.

Jari

« Reply #31 on: 2010-03-25 18:35:53 »
Sometimes I wish I was a woman so I could get free drinks and dinners.  Also, I would be a hottie.  [*Tip of the Day* If you're a woman, shamelessly flirt at the dealership and repair shops, or anywhere really...easy 50% discount.]  Unfortunately it doesn't work the same for us :(  Well not usually :o

^ This. ;)

I could never pull off a stunt my friend did. She had to take her old car to a Finnish equivalent of MOT test, and while the car wasn't dangerous or anything, it had kinda so-so chances of passing, being an old French car ("Oh good, the electrics work today!"). I told her just to bat her pretty eyelashes at the inspector and he would let the car pass. I was half joking, but she akshually did it; flashed a pretty smile and played dumb, but curious. ;D

Of course, she was totally bullshitting the inspector, she's much better mechanic than I am - or most of the average males, for that matter. Not to mention as leadfooted as me, too. :D

If I was a big biker guy with muscles everywhere I wouldn't have gotten mugged for my purse last year instead of falling to the floor like a sack of potatoes crying...

Awwwwwww :-\

Have a bunny:

:)

Mako

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 2010-03-25 18:39:33 »
Sometimes I wish I was a woman so I could get free drinks and dinners.  Also, I would be a hottie.  [*Tip of the Day* If you're a woman, shamelessly flirt at the dealership and repair shops, or anywhere really...easy 50% discount.]  Unfortunately it doesn't work the same for us :(  Well not usually :o

Welcome to the internet.
Hey alright, glad I'm not the only one with this point of view.

Nah I'm not going to whore myself out just yet. Reason being yeah the guy might do 20% off but he want a date (and possibly more). Also I beg to differ I think people are more likely to abuse/rape/rob a woman more than a man well at least were I live. But on a small modding forum I hardly see a point.  

Kudistos Megistos

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 2010-03-25 18:48:23 »
Also I beg to differ I think people are more likely to abuse/rape/rob a woman more than a man well at least were I live. But on a small modding forum I hardly see a point.  

Besides rape (obviously, women are more likely to be the victims of that), the statistics say otherwise. Of course, it might be different where you live. It's more likely that women are going to tell their friends what happened to them and men will keep it quiet out of shame or embarrassment, since there's a stigma against men asking for help or looking weak; that may give people the impression that women are more likely to be the victims of crime, since they'll know more women than men who admit to being attacked or robbed or whatever.

Sometimes I wish I was a woman so I could get free drinks and dinners.  Also, I would be a hottie.  [*Tip of the Day* If you're a woman, shamelessly flirt at the dealership and repair shops, or anywhere really...easy 50% discount.]  Unfortunately it doesn't work the same for us :(  Well not usually :o

I once got a free burger :roll:

It's easy to get free things of women, especially older women and widows. Unfortunately, they're less likely to be selling cars or other extremely expensive things :'(

obesebear

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 2010-03-25 18:51:17 »
Nah I'm not going to whore myself out just yet. Reason being yeah the guy might do 20% off but he want a date (and possibly more). Also I beg to differ I think people are more likely to abuse/rape/rob a woman more than a man well at least were I live. But on a small modding forum I hardly see a point.  
So you get a free dinner and 20% discount.  I would gladly go on 1 date with any landbeast who was hooking me up with a discount AND free dinner.
I can understand Mendelevium pretending to be a girl, because even on the internet, guys are more likely to be more patient and nice to you.
Also, women are definitely more likely to be raped/mugged/etc here in Murica.  Must be a UK thing.

It's easy to get free things of women, especially older women and widows. Unfortunately, they're less likely to be selling cars or other extremely expensive things :'(
Agreed.  Nothing wrong with free cookies.:)  And sometimes they have attractive granddaughters ;)   Also, it can be easy to get discounts and free stuff from high school girls as well... but that's another conversation for another time

titeguy3

• A jack of all trades
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 2010-03-25 18:57:51 »
I have a sister who got mugged once in Spain. I've also got a cousin who got held up at gunpoint in DC (walking around in DC, idiot should'a seen it coming). My sister told everybody, my cousin only ever told me.

Kudistos Megistos

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 2010-03-25 19:05:26 »
Also, women are definitely more likely to be raped/mugged/etc here in Murica.  Must be a UK thing.

From the Bureau of Justice statistics:

In 2008 males experienced higher victimization rates than females for all types of violent crime except rape/sexual assault.

I have a sister who got mugged once in Spain. I've also got a cousin who got held up at gunpoint in DC (walking around in DC, idiot should'a seen it coming). My sister told everybody, my cousin only ever told me.

This is exactly what I'm talking about (assuming that your cousin is a man)

obesebear

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 2010-03-25 19:10:03 »
I still don't believe it.   It makes more sense to rob a woman than a man.

Unless you take into account that men are more likely to traverse a back alley alone than women.  In which case it does make more sense.   I'd rather rob one man than two women.

Kudistos Megistos

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 2010-03-25 19:12:54 »
I still don't believe it.   It makes more sense to rob a woman than a man.

Unless you take into account that men are more likely to traverse a back alley alone than women.  In which case it does make more sense.   I'd rather rob one man than two women.

Well, it's true.

And it might also be the case that even some criminals refuse to hurt woman and only attack men. I hear that murderers and other unsavoury people can be surprisingly self-righteous about who one is and is not allowed to attack.

Mako

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 2010-03-25 19:21:08 »
Also, women are definitely more likely to be raped/mugged/etc here in Murica.  Must be a UK thing.

From the Bureau of Justice statistics:

In 2008 males experienced higher victimization rates than females for all types of violent crime except rape/sexual assault.

This is exactly what I'm talking about (assuming that your cousin is a man)

Not sure if you read the link but at acually says its about the same (except murder). Case in point you got a bus full of people your in the market to rob/mug someone and on one side you have a big humongous boxer looking guy counting his money. On the other you got some woman yaking on her cellphone she's got jewelry on and they both get off In a shady looking steet who is more likely to get robbed?. Even worse when there in the act they have figured they gotten this far why not get some too! Even better example (though ridiculous) your graph does not take into account the stereotypes that men take for granted! For instance men could go topless on a hot summer night working with a buddy on his car in the getto. Take that same man and make him a woman topless working on a car in the middle of the night in the getto and that is almost intimidate RAPE! You know what people would say then? titeguy summed it up nicely its her own fault.   

Actually givin the graph and the trend its about the same... ;)

Chocobo_Girl

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 2010-03-25 19:26:29 »
On that same note SOMETIMES I wish I was a man think of the possibilities!

As a girl you don't have to worry about getting hurt in the balls. :D Period cramps totally beat getting kicked in the testicles, so overall being a girl is better. :P

Kudistos Megistos

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 2010-03-25 19:30:17 »
The problem is that everyone is assuming that criminals will choose the most sensible target for a crime.

As a rule, criminals tend not to be the most rational people; they have low average IQs and it goes without saying that they're more impulsive than most people and more likely to make decisions based on emotion rather than reason. It may be more rational to victimise a woman in certain situations, but criminals won't necessarily think like that.

There are also situations in which attacking a man is actually a better idea; if you're committing a crime in public (for example, you're starting a fight in a pub), attacking a man will lead to a 1 on 1 fight. Attacking a woman will lead to a whole crowd of white knights joining in on her side. Hell, defending yourself against a woman who attacked you will lead to a whole crowd of white knights joining in on her side...

Actually givin the graph and the trend its about the same... ;)

Hey, it's a statistically significant difference! :cry:

titeguy3

• A jack of all trades
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 2010-03-25 19:34:13 »
It's certainly easier for women to be victimized, although that's not to say that they do. I could look up statistics too, but really, women do tend to need to be more careful with themselves. Not because they're genetically inferior or anything, but just because of the self-fulfilling social stigma that they're weaker somehow.

Of course, there may be some genetic difference, but I wouldn't know about that, I'm not a geneticist. All'z I know is that I've never met a man who's afraid to have the blinds open or go for a walk at night, even in a safe neighborhood or in a 9th story apartment. My girlfriend is terrified to death of being raped or mugged or peeped at or what-have-you. Men generally don't worry about such things, unless maybe they've just watched a good scary movie, at which point most men would still never admit to such a fear.
« Last Edit: 2010-03-25 19:36:55 by titeguy3 »

Kudistos Megistos

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 2010-03-25 22:23:53 »
Getting back to the original topic....

I wonder whether Hermoor was one of the people who declared his love for Makubex? ;D

Apart from being absolutely hilarious, it seems like the kind of thing he would do. He also went batshit insane only a few weeks after "she" left the forums.

Xelane

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 2010-03-25 22:28:43 »
To this very day, scientists and all the great minds alike are scouring the corners of the world.

Searching....for the missing brain of the legendary hertroll.

I for one believe that the missing brain is a myth....

as for the troll named hermoor? oh you bet your ass he's real....

Just that he ain't got no brains   ::)

Jari

« Reply #45 on: 2010-03-25 22:35:29 »
Getting back to the original topic....

I wonder whether Hermoor was one of the people who declared his love for Makubex? ;D

Dunno about that, but he sure is reading this topic.

Now, please continue. :)

Hellbringer616

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 2010-03-25 23:21:19 »
I knew it! though i thought sightless_seer wasn't you (i think it was at one) and the person who did the chibi reconstruction mod was you. But i was wrong.. :(

Also thought you may have been viashino at one point in time as well :P

drfeelgud88

• da DOC iz here!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube
« Reply #47 on: 2010-03-26 00:57:30 »
I didn't like the personality of the one doing the chibi reconstruction mod because that person said that we just feed off of the modders. I didn't like that statement at all since I work trying to support my family.  >:(

sl1982

• Administrator
  • GUI Master :P
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 2010-03-26 03:26:51 »
I didn't like the personality of the one doing the chibi reconstruction mod because that person said that we just feed off of the modders. I didn't like that statement at all since I work trying to support my family.  >:(

You don't honestly think all us modders sit on our asses all day do you? I work 40-50 hour weeks alot of the time.

obesebear

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 2010-03-26 03:34:45 »
You don't honestly think all us modders sit on our asses all day do you? I work 40-50 hour weeks alot of the time.
33hrs a week average + 12 credit hours at school + wimminz.