Author Topic: Sorry Again  (Read 12558 times)

Vgr

• Global moderator
  • If it quacks like a duck, it must be a duck
    • View Profile
Re: Sorry Again
« Reply #25 on: 2011-09-14 01:05:47 »
Dark Matt right?

obesebear

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2011-09-14 01:51:40 »
Originally it was MXSter, he changed that one to Sauntam, then to Matt2Tees.  All of which are just fine.  The problem came from his duplicate account machinimatt, and from there he's added all sorts of other stupid ones.  Another Chance, Another Chance 2, Tamtocs, RecycleYourself.

I have to give it to him, he's trying pretty hard to be sneaky, it's just not quite good enough.

Prince Lex

• Opinionfact is Redundancy
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2011-09-14 03:06:21 »
He must be having a right little tantrum that he keeps getting caught. Reminds me of other members that just would not go away.

Kemlin

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2011-09-14 06:12:17 »
This topic = Lulz.

So how many years is MXSter banned for, now? 3-4?

sl1982

• Administrator
  • GUI Master :P
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2011-09-14 13:38:41 »
His ban is now permanent. Three chances is more then enough in my opinion.

Tenko Kuugen

• Public Enemy
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #30 on: 2011-09-14 16:53:25 »
Originally it was MXSter, he changed that one to Sauntam, then to Matt2Tees.  All of which are just fine.  The problem came from his duplicate account machinimatt, and from there he's added all sorts of other stupid ones.  Another Chance, Another Chance 2, Tamtocs, RecycleYourself.

I have to give it to him, he's trying pretty hard to be sneaky, it's just not quite good enough.

There should be some sort of filter that banned people can still post but their posts automatically turn in "LOLBUTTSLOL"

Prince Lex

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 2011-09-16 17:44:40 »
I have an idea.

Similar to SonicRetro, why don't we put all new members into a validation subforum (not able to post on the main boards, and only viewable by mods and admin). They would basically have to write a few coherent paragraphs in order to be allowed to post, perhaps answering a few questions, i.e:

Why do you want to join the forum?

What do you think you would add to the community?

About you?

That kind of thing. This could be percieved as a very bad idea, but it would certainly weed out idiots that are supposed to be banned, it would weed out bots, and just keep the general idiots out. It doesn't have to be strict or based around how likeable the person seems in their post, just a kind of "idiot filter".

Vgr

• Global moderator
  • If it quacks like a duck, it must be a duck
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 2011-09-16 18:48:42 »
I guess that the forum would have to be view-able from anyone and that anyone can post. The rank for these members would be something different from even "Newbie" no matter the number of post. I think something like "New Member" would fit good for these new members.

BTW, is there an IP ban function for SMF?

Prince Lex

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 2011-09-16 19:15:14 »
Well I know the members on SonicRetro can't view the Validation subforum, but I don't know if they'd be able to implement that here.

sl1982

• Administrator
  • GUI Master :P
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 2011-09-16 19:43:41 »
Those are all doable ideas, and might be something to consider other then me checking ip addresses and manually approving accounts.

dkma841

• delete
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 2011-09-16 20:21:21 »
Sorry if this topic reavhed its end but i was wondering didnt that guy make help a mod here before when i was checking some old ass threads i remember his name mxster not the others i think it was chibi reconstruction site is that right?
Nothing important just wondering

Prince Lex

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 2011-09-16 20:42:00 »
Those are all doable ideas, and might be something to consider other then me checking ip addresses and manually approving accounts.

I really think it would save you a lot of grief in the long run, and filter out the people that join to ask for things that we don't support (pirated versions, ripped models) as well as keeping away all the "plz i nd hlp" which I'm sure grates on the patience of more people than just me.

I can't really see a downside to this ^_^

Kemlin

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 2011-09-17 06:01:23 »
Validation is a pretty good idea, I agree. Instruct the applicant, in the rules, to include an obscure/archaic/uncommon word in their explanation of why they want to be a member. "Forsooth", "Parched" or similar - This is to act like a filter. If they won't bother reading the rules and including the word...why do you want to deal with them when they're on the forums?

Slip the word in the middle somewhere, and occasionally edit the rules to include a new word to trip up people attempting to sneak back in after they were banned.