Author Topic: [FF7PC] whitERaven Model Revisions (2012-12-06)  (Read 112337 times)

PitBrat

• Change to feed the machine.
    • View Profile
Re: whitERaven Model Revisions
« Reply #150 on: 2012-11-17 00:38:15 »
The Yuffie battle model still has some transparency issues with her hair.

I hope you continue with these models!
They are fabulous.
I've made them my preset in Bootleg.

whitERaven

• when the Raven turns white..
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: 2012-11-17 02:34:28 »
Thanks Pit! I did not notice the yufie model hair issues before, and there were no comments about it before, so thanks for pointing it out, I'll fix it..

Also yes I'm going to continue working on this model revisions of main characters, I'm making it a priority in my to do list right now (regarding modding works) I'm currently redoing the Cid model since I lost it's files due to HDD failure, the model is complete but it still lacks texture and needs to be ported to FF7, since I worked on it blender again.

For Cait Sith, I'm planning to just do a retex on the guy without remodeling.

Then I'm going to proceed on Version 2 of Tifa, Vincent and Yufie

ManuBBXX

• View Profile
« Reply #152 on: 2012-11-17 16:41:58 »
whiteRaven superstar  8)

Buster Swd

• Sorry for bad english
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: 2012-11-18 10:55:44 »
I have some news about the field model:

*Bad news:
-School is taking most of my free time so the field model won't come anytime soon.
-My PC is slow and have problems with battle model.Everytime i click on a battle part in kimera,the message:"Runtime error 6:overflow" just keep poping up and then kimera crashes,so its hard for me to tell which file is what.
-I still don't know how to get the field models to blink.

*Good news:
-I'm having a few days off so i will have more time to spend with field model
-The revision of apz cloud is almost done.All that left is the boots and convert it to other field model.

Question:
-When converting battle models to field,should i make adjustments(you know,like making cloud look not lanky.)or keep it as it is?
-I think Barret's AC gun for field is a bit too much.Should I size it down?
-Why the revised buster sword looks bigger than other weapon?

whitERaven

• View Profile
« Reply #154 on: 2012-11-18 12:42:23 »

Question:
-When converting battle models to field,should i make adjustments(you know,like making cloud look not lanky.)or keep it as it is?
-I think Barret's AC gun for field is a bit too much.Should I size it down?
-Why the revised buster sword looks bigger than other weapon?

Answer:

-Its your work now, so I don't really mind if you make adjustments, LoL I won't stop you with whatever you want to do with the field models.
But then if you want my opinion, I think you should keep the adjustments at the minimum, since you're suppose to make field versions they must look as close to the battle models

-same as above, do what you want with it, I also think it's a bit too big for a field version, I think there was a conversion of this barret done before by JLOutlaw you can check it out too.

-Uhmm, LoL my bad.. I had to resize the bustersword to match with revised body proportion of cloud, unfortunately I forgot to resize the other weapons, LoL ;D
« Last Edit: 2012-11-18 12:44:08 by whitERaven »

Buster Swd

• Sorry for bad english
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: 2012-11-18 14:46:56 »
I see.The thing is,I already made adjustment on cloud model:

If I didn't,it'd look nearly like this(sorry,haven't converted yet):

Which one should I release?Normal,adjusted,or both?

Mirrorman95

• View Profile
    • Mirrorman95 - YouTube Channel
« Reply #156 on: 2012-11-19 00:57:16 »
Both is always best; it means more models are being released.

whitERaven

• View Profile
« Reply #157 on: 2012-11-19 01:21:29 »
Yup people have different preference after all, so if it doesn't bother you you can always release both, gives lot more options.

As they say, the more the merrier! ;D

Buster Swd

• Sorry for bad english
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: 2012-11-19 01:29:36 »
Okay then.I'll do my best. :)
Just so you know,since I'm about to finish the adjusted one,I'll release it first.
« Last Edit: 2012-11-19 01:35:37 by Buster Swd »

whitERaven

• View Profile
« Reply #159 on: 2012-11-19 02:21:40 »
yep, please release those in your own thread since I intend to keep this thread exclusive for my HQ battle model revisions, Thanks!

Mirrorman95

• View Profile
« Reply #160 on: 2012-11-20 03:39:24 »
Did you lose Sephiroth in the HDD failure?

whitERaven

• View Profile
« Reply #161 on: 2012-11-20 13:52:37 »
Sadly, yes.. I lost sephiroth in the HDD failure..

Mirrorman95

• View Profile
« Reply #162 on: 2012-11-20 18:14:02 »
You said you resized parts of Sephiroth's body at http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=10223 and Remus's Sephiroth head at http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=13489 and retextured them yourself to make your Sephiroth.
You also said you gave Cid's head to omega and you made the body yourself, so Cid's body is lost.
And all of Vincent's guns you remade are gone.

Does that about cover what you lost in the crash?

whitERaven

• View Profile
« Reply #163 on: 2012-11-20 20:53:49 »
LoL those are some very misleading statements there, let me correct first some points before we get into trouble..

You said you resized parts of Sephiroth's body at http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=10223 and Remus's Sephiroth head at http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=13489 and retextured them yourself to make your Sephiroth.

Yeah its true I did resizing of sephroths body parts as seen there, then I used revised Weemus sephiroth head(altering the hair), I also retextured it but it never  got completed, only the head was retextured since it already has a UV map.

You also said you gave Cid's head to omega and you made the body yourself, so Cid's body is lost.
And all of Vincent's guns you remade are gone.

This is a little off.. I never said I made the body myself, atleast not all, the torso and arms were from weemus cid field model, but since the legs of weemus cid field model is not detailed  enough to be used for battle models, I made my own. The only part made by me was the entire lower body, (the thighs,Legs,boots)

I don't get what you mean by giving cid's head to omega, but the Head I'm using was modeled by omega.

Reckos still has the vincent gun models, since he's the one modeling them, But I lost the textures for quick silver.

Does that about cover what you lost in the crash?

I don't know why your asking this, LoL ;D
But those are not the only ones I lost, there are a lot more it was a 500GB hdd after all, do you want me to list the files I lost here?

Mirrorman95

• View Profile
« Reply #164 on: 2012-11-20 21:38:27 »
Sorry if I made some erroneous statements there, I just didn't piece together enough information.

And assuming you can't just use a file recovery program like Recuva or something to regain the lost files, I would like to know what projects were lost in the crash, if for no other reason then curiousity, if it's not going to cause you any trouble to do so.

whitERaven

• View Profile
« Reply #165 on: 2012-11-20 21:56:18 »
Hehe oki, its no biggie,

I'm not sure if I can list them all but here,

Projects on hold due to lost files, will be continued but will be delayed:

-Frog textures (both realistic & less detailed version)
-HQ Cid Battle Model (WIP 90% complete  :'( :'( :'( )
-HQ Sephiroth (WIP)
-Vincent Gun Quick Silver Texture
-Vincent Gun Outsider Texture
-Nightmare Custom Enemy: Black Diamond
-Nightmare Custom Enemy: Mutated Bottomswell
-Retex on ZL325 aerith model (WIP)

well this are what I can recall, I also started working Tifa dolphin style hair, although it was just a small  incomplete work.

For some of this I think Ican still find some copies in my google drive or in my emails.. but the all updated versions were on my hdd..

Also to mention I also lost my FF7 installer and all mods I downloaded so downloading all those files again will require time, and effort on my part LoL,

Buster Swd

• Sorry for bad english
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: 2012-11-21 03:16:49 »
Whoa,it's a pain to lose all that in a single accident.Specially the 90% Cid model. >:(

whitERaven

• View Profile
« Reply #167 on: 2012-11-21 04:01:23 »
yep, I was about to release it too, just minor adjusment and in game testing was missing, Hayst, it was my fault though, modding was kinda a habit for me, just things to do to spend my free time, and I just started doing this recently so backing up my modding files didn't cross my mind at that time yet, I kinda took it for granted, and I'm regretting it a lot now, LoL.. at least that's a lesson learned now.

whitERaven

• View Profile
« Reply #168 on: 2012-12-06 23:48:15 »
Hi! I'm in the process of porting the HQ Cid model I'm working with to FF7 format,
I'm wondering if anyone here would be so kind to please send me a copy of the vanilla battle.lgp file?
You can send it via mail to [email protected]

I don't have the FF7 game installed in my computer right now so when I'm done with Cid I'll be releasing it for other people to test it in-game, If all goes well I'll be releasing it sometime this weekend.
« Last Edit: 2012-12-08 00:54:40 by whitERaven »

Mirrorman95

• View Profile
« Reply #169 on: 2012-12-08 23:38:45 »
I think this is the correct file: http://www.mediafire.com/?jmi2o22jgom

whitERaven

• View Profile
« Reply #170 on: 2012-12-08 23:49:01 »
Thanks! I'll check it out.. I was hoping to get my hands on this file sooner, but I'll see if I can finish porting the model today..

zorrodood

• View Profile
« Reply #171 on: 2012-12-18 21:47:25 »
there's a tifa model with her original hair style. can you revise that? her waist 'breaks' in the battle won animation. i really like that model.

whitERaven

• View Profile
« Reply #172 on: 2012-12-20 10:12:04 »
If your referring to zerox tifa model, then sorry, its off limits since that model uses ripped parts.

Kaldarasha

• Prince of Model Editing
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: 2013-01-08 23:46:59 »
Could I upload a tweaked version of your of APZ-Cloud revision?

I done some resizing too, he stands now on the ground.
It would be probably better to release it here instead of opening another APZ-Cloud thread.

whitERaven

• View Profile
« Reply #174 on: 2013-01-19 00:37:52 »
dunno.. hmm if its just minor alterations I think its ok..
I think I read something about APZ not encouraging alterations on his work, you might have to check on it first :D ..

due to some reasons (which I know no one cares about so I wont bother explaining, LOL ;D ;D) I'm finding it hard to have time for modding lately.. updates on models might take some time.. ..