Author Topic: FFIX code reading group?  (Read 4296 times)

letao

FFIX code reading group?
« on: 2009-10-02 16:59:43 »
I'm starting to rip apart the program code of FFIX, i.e. disassmbling the program and manually interpreting all the subroutines.  My goal is to gain a comprehensive understanding of the game's mechanics.  Is anyone else working on a similar project and want to collaborate?

halkun

• Global moderator
  • NicoNico :)
    • View Profile
    • Q-Gears Homepage
Re: FFIX code reading group?
« Reply #1 on: 2009-10-02 19:36:23 »
Uhh, yea, that's what we kind of do here.

Offer up something that you have done and people will join in your quest. Have you isolated Disk IO or the graphic systems yet? Have you found the equivalent of kernel.bin? Things just don't start automatically. Put out some effort and you will be surprised the people that jump on board.

Akari

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2009-10-02 20:23:00 »
I'm doing the same thing. We can join forces or you can just take all my notes from SVN.

As for now I working on scripting system. It's very interesting compare to xenogears and ffvii

letao

« Reply #3 on: 2009-10-03 16:43:56 »
I just started yesterday so unfortunately I don't yet have anything to offer...  :wink: just thought it would be silly to spend weeks redoing something someone else already did, which is why I asked.  Akari's notes would be extremely helpful to get me started.

LeeHiOoO

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2009-10-06 03:02:42 »
Akari may I take a look into these notes too? Also may I ask if you intend to make any .exe for running FFIX on pc?

Akari

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2009-10-07 11:54:55 »
Akari may I take a look into these notes too? Also may I ask if you intend to make any .exe for running FFIX on pc?

Look at SVN of q-gears project.

There is posibiliti to make it playable on q-gears engine, but it is too much for one man to do. But noone want to help =)

LeeHiOoO

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2009-10-09 00:54:07 »
I'm willing to help, even so, my programming knowledge is little.

Costa07

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2009-10-09 01:00:54 »
I'm willing to help, even so, my programming knowledge is little.

Yeah same here