Final Fantasy 7 > Support

Opening logo layout analysis?

(1/3) > >>

NERV Agent:

I ripped this with Tim2View from the PSX version from the file "OPENING_21.data" contained within "MOVIE/OPENING.BIN".

As you can see, the image is chopped up and rearranged differently when compared to the way it is seen in game.

Has anyone done an analysis on how this is arranged exactly, down to the very pixel?

I might do this analysis some day by doing the following:

1.)   Draw “border lines” on the separate the chopped up pieces into marked sections.
2.)   Reinsert this into the ISO.
3.)   Make a 320 x 240 screenshot of this running, to see where the sections really do wind up.

But I was wondering if someone has already analyzed this in the past, which would save me the trouble.

DLPB_:
It's not difficult to match it up.  I didn't do any analysis - I just used photoshop.

Reunion comes with a corrected Logo and text.

NERV Agent:
Hello DLPB.

Do you think you can post your rough photoshop diagram if you did one?

I intend on making a sort of "input"/"output" template to see where exactly everything matches up (right down to pixel accuracy) so anyone wishing to change the logo with something else will know how to chop up and rearrange their custom image.

DLPB_:
I didn't do one, but you can download Reunion R03 - install files and look at the modpath (or just extract files).  You'll see the exact layout that way.

NERV Agent:
Thanks for the info. I'll look into it when I have the time.

However, what's up with "© 1997 SQUARE" being duplicated in the ".PNG" I ripped from "OPENING_21.data"?

And is the middle "SQUARESOFT" the same logo that appears after "Sony Computer Entertainment America Presents"?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version