Author Topic: Gunge lance  (Read 8730 times)

sl1982

• Administrator
  • GUI Master :P
    • View Profile
Gunge lance
« on: 2009-10-06 04:00:03 »
Hey guys ive been tearing out my hair here trying to figure this out. Does anyone know what the percentage is that Odin will use the gunge lance? I really need to trigger this summon so i can figure out the textures for it, but I tried it like 50 times in a row and nothing. Any ideas?

obesebear

• View Profile
Re: Gunge lance
« Reply #1 on: 2009-10-06 04:01:01 »
Summon him on a boss.

sl1982

• Administrator
  • GUI Master :P
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2009-10-06 04:04:24 »
Lol i didnt realize it was that easy. Just need to figure out where a boss is though. Got this save off someone else

edit: Woot it worked. thanks obesebear
« Last Edit: 2009-10-06 04:45:20 by sl1982 »

obesebear

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2009-10-06 05:27:35 »
Lol, that's what I'm here for.  Nothing like posting 5 words and fixing a problem  :-P

EDIT: I'm an idiot.  4 and 5 aren't the same amount  :-(

« Last Edit: 2009-10-06 05:30:24 by obesebear »

drfeelgud88

• da DOC iz here!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube
« Reply #4 on: 2009-10-06 07:30:28 »
Or, you can simply summon Odin on enemies immune to death. Well, ya, basically bosses sum it up, lol.

Kudistos Megistos

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2009-10-06 07:39:11 »
I'm going to give a third variation on this :-P

According to the party mechanics guide, the game checks to see whether any of the enemies will die if Steel Bladed Sword is performed, and none of them will be killed, Odin uses Gunge Lance instead.

This means that it will also be used on enemies who aren't immune to death but would not have been killed by Steel Bladed Sword, which does have anywhere near a 100% success rate. Therefore, Steel Bladed Sword will kill at least one enemy if it is used. I haven't actually tried this, so I can't vouch for it myself.
« Last Edit: 2009-10-06 07:57:31 by Kudistos Megistos »

nfitc1

• I just don't know what went wrong.
    • View Profile
    • WM/PrC Blog
« Reply #6 on: 2009-10-06 13:24:13 »
I know that Gunge Lance will always happen when all enemies are immune to instant death, but I thought I didn't know it attempted to inflict it first. Maybe I did and forgot. Got a lot of things on my mind right now. :)

titeguy3

• A jack of all trades
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2009-10-07 00:44:24 »
I know that Gunge Lance will always happen when all enemies are immune to instant death, but I thought I didn't know it attempted to inflict it first. Maybe I did and forgot. Got a lot of things on my mind right now. :)

It'd be interesting if you didn't know, because you wrote that into the effect description in proud clod and/or Wallmarket.  :wink:
but yeah, it tries to inflict death first, so i guess the odds of gunge lance being used on normal enemies = (%chance of death missing/# of non-death-immune enemies), 100 if no non-death-immune enemies.

nfitc1

• View Profile
    • WM/PrC Blog
« Reply #8 on: 2009-10-07 13:05:46 »
It'd be interesting if you didn't know, because you wrote that into the effect description in proud clod and/or Wallmarket.  :wink:

Yeah, but I think I guessed when I wrote that. :D

SwornEnemy

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2009-10-07 13:50:40 »
urm... i would have thought the easiest way to do it would be to cast death proof on an enemy then summon odin?

just a guess

drfeelgud88

• da DOC iz here!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube
« Reply #10 on: 2009-10-07 14:51:59 »
urm... i would have thought the easiest way to do it would be to cast death proof on an enemy then summon odin?

just a guess
Hmm. I've never thought of that. But will it work? I'll leave you to try it.  :-P

nfitc1

• View Profile
    • WM/PrC Blog
« Reply #11 on: 2009-10-07 14:57:20 »

just a guess

This has a 50/50 chance of working.

If, as titeguy says, it attempts to inflict first and does Gunge Lance when they all live then this will work.
Otherwise it would need to see if the target has Death immunity OR currently has the "Death Force" status on them. Having "Death Force" doesn't make you immune to Death, it just takes Death attacks and doesn't inflict Death.

SwornEnemy

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2009-10-07 18:33:11 »

just a guess

This has a 50/50 chance of working.

If, as titeguy says, it attempts to inflict first and does Gunge Lance when they all live then this will work.
Otherwise it would need to see if the target has Death immunity OR currently has the "Death Force" status on them. Having "Death Force" doesn't make you immune to Death, it just takes Death attacks and doesn't inflict Death.

oh. ok it was just an idea... i havent tested it so i wouldnt know..... but if ur sure then fair enough