Author Topic: [FF7PC-98/Steam] Multiple mods and Modding Framework-The Reunion [R06f]  (Read 3030404 times)

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
Re: [FF7PC-98/Steam] Multiple mods - The Reunion (R04c)
« Reply #2900 on: 2016-08-19 14:57:51 »
:P  The good news is I am very close now to finishing R05.  I am in testing stage. This part is a bitch.  I have to make sure that all 200+ fields I have fixed - and exe fixes - work properly.  I will do as many as I can and then the rest will fall on you guys.  Hopefully I have done a perfect job, but I wouldn't bet on it.  This is a huge task.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #2901 on: 2016-08-19 22:29:27 »
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1KBBbeilQTCAJJIOqOoLMnkKb-nEpqEoV5Ih4uW-Yoo8/edit#gid=653329679

The field check is complete.  I've used the 7th column (see Field Bugs) to mark what I need to do.  Orange is check in game, red is problem that needs sorting.  Minor stuff.  But now you can see why testing has to happen.

Settyness

• View Profile
« Reply #2902 on: 2016-08-20 00:39:58 »
This might be stupid to bring up, but these days I'm mostly playing classic games on my laptop, when I'm on the go. Incidentally, my laptop has GNU/Linux as its operating system installed, and so I use both SteamOS+Linux Steam and Win32 Steam. I use WINE as a compatibility layer to get Win32 Steam and certain games running, and even played FFVII with the New Threat difficulty mod installed.

When I try to install Reunion, it is mostly successful, but it gets stuck on the final steps (I can't recall at the moment, something like "sorting files"). I left it at these steps for about an hour, and the entire time it used CPU cycles and appeared to be working. I assumed it may have been file permissions, so I made sure to chmod the FFVII directory to 0777. It appears to be patching minigames when it gets held up, killing some of these processes moves it forward (I know that's a bad idea, but I was experimenting), but it never fully completes.

I know you probably don't intend to support the patch working through WINE, but just in case your interested, I thought I'd bring it up. I can run the patch on a fresh copy of FFVII via terminal and paste the logs for you if you are interested.
« Last Edit: 2016-08-20 00:42:07 by Settyness »

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #2903 on: 2016-08-20 00:44:45 »
The issue here will be WINE not supporting the .bat file operations needed. As you say, WINE is untested and unsupported. The only work around would be to disable Model Overhaul option, as that is the part using the Sort Files.  Although, it may still use it in that version of Reunion.

It's a bit of a shame that WINE doesn't like the batch file.

I may be able to do away with sorting files in the next version, because I have spent a lot of time organizing model folders.

Settyness

• View Profile
« Reply #2904 on: 2016-08-20 03:22:37 »
Thanks for the timely response and for the insight! I had no clue WINE could not interpret batch scripts, I would've never figured that was the case. If it's simple-enough and you don't mind, I could look it over and perhaps make a bash variation and post it here.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #2905 on: 2016-08-20 03:36:09 »
The issue there is I'd have to add options to detect if it's wine and I am not going down that road.  But I'll try to do things without a batch file for R05. :)

Settyness

• View Profile
« Reply #2906 on: 2016-08-20 04:16:11 »
No, no, I'm not saying you should incorporate it into the installer or anything. I would run the installer without the model replacements, and then run the bash script afterwards as a supplement. And if anyone else happens to be using GNU/Linux, the same could be recommended to them (if they even want the model replacements). Sort of like a patch on the side, I wouldn't suggest you add it into the installer or anything like that.

It's just a thought, but if you feel comfortable moving away from batch files in the future, that'd be lovely. This is a great project, keep it going man, and thanks for all the hard work! (Y)

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #2907 on: 2016-08-20 14:30:55 »
That would still mean messing about with the files and what not. It's best I try and do away with sorting file batch.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #2908 on: 2016-08-24 01:19:12 »
Seems to me that infinite Kujata materia can be picked up.  Anyone willing to test with original game?  If I am right, once you collect the materia - if you stay on the current field and wait, it should reappear to be collected again.  This is because one of its scripts cycles and makes it visible again. The script won't be called if you collect - leave - then reenter.  I am not sure how PSX handles this, but it should be same there too.

I have fixed it regardless.

White Wind

• View Profile
« Reply #2909 on: 2016-08-24 07:13:21 »
Seems to me that infinite Kujata materia can be picked up.  Anyone willing to test with original game?  If I am right, once you collect the materia - if you stay on the current field and wait, it should reappear to be collected again.  This is because one of its scripts cycles and makes it visible again. The script won't be called if you collect - leave - then reenter.  I am not sure how PSX handles this, but it should be same there too.

I have fixed it regardless.

Just tested and didn't happen for me.
Stayed there for 15min with field FPS cranked up, I've been hitting [OK] numerous times in case it was there but invisible.
Vanilla game, Game Moment was at a low value, no Lunar Harp.

Maybe has to do with your previous correction about Kujata being destroyed if inventory is full?

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #2910 on: 2016-08-24 07:49:50 »
You can't get to that screen without a lunar harp though (unless you used Ochu or something)?  Did you collect it as I said - and then wait on the screen? You won't need to tap action since it i still floating around.   Try it again and see what happens. :)  You won't need 15 minutes.  1 minute is enough to tell if you stay on the spot you were at when you collected it.

I checked my code fix and it couldn't really cause this issue.
« Last Edit: 2016-08-24 07:52:07 by DLPB »

White Wind

• View Profile
« Reply #2911 on: 2016-08-24 08:04:36 »
Yes I used Ochu, I was in Wall Market (1st time you get there, as male Cloud) then warped to the World Map at Bone Village, entered it and went to that field in the forest
-access isn't denied without the harp, it's just that that screen will repeat forever when exiting north-  but I will try with the Lunar Harp acquired, and within a better Game Moment.
And yes, I collected Kujata, closed "Obtained..." window, then didn't touch any direction anymore, didn't enter the menu either.
Will try again now

White Wind

• View Profile
« Reply #2912 on: 2016-08-24 09:13:59 »
No nothing, I've tried many times and several things (mainly never exiting the field after pick up) and it never showed up twice.
I've also tried tapping [OK] where Cloud is off screen.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #2913 on: 2016-08-24 09:25:13 »
Looks like maybe a simple var move may have done it (even though that shouldn't make any difference)... but I will definitely check this later with original game.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #2914 on: 2016-08-25 03:22:36 »
I've added the missing "remove materia" opcode.  Had to write it brand new, of course :)

So that's the master materia issue taken care of.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #2915 on: 2016-08-25 06:23:39 »
   "Dog's bark animation fails.
No sound effect for the dog's bark.
Dog can bark during other animations.
During the parade, the captain and soldiers run on the spot because no move operation has been set."

junonr1

Always something.  They have to run on spot too since the programmer cheated a little.  I'll just make it look less obvious.
« Last Edit: 2016-08-25 07:01:24 by DLPB »

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #2916 on: 2016-08-28 00:09:50 »
The testing stage is almost over. Very few known field issues require a fix.  Then I'll test the fixes (minigame - field centring) that I added for Steam also - and we should be good to go.

With the slight exception of FMV centring, which really is the stumbling block at the moment, but one way or another I think R05 will FINALLY be out at some point in the next week :)  Happy days.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #2917 on: 2016-08-29 02:20:27 »
nmkin_1 has been fixed

nmkin_1   "Alarm sound effect fails to continue after battle.
Cloud can push the elevator button when he isn't near it or facing it. Additionally, there is no animation.
Cloud has time to run into the elevator door.
Jessie stutters as she runs to the lift.
Jessie can still be seen after entering the lift.
Cloud does not face Barrett.
3D door objects are out of place on the 2D background."

and nvmkin_3

That will do for today

Sound effects fail to continue after battle.
Jessie can tell you to jump onto a ladder, during the escape.
The 'ladder gripping' sound effect is heard, even though Cloud jumps on to the ladder.
Cloud can use ladders with his back to them.
Cloud's hand does not reach Jessie's foot.
Jessie jumps too far over Cloud, and often jumps right through him.

Reactor's ambient sound effect fails to play.

Jessie's ladder animation is broken after battle.
« Last Edit: 2016-08-29 04:03:14 by DLPB »

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #2918 on: 2016-08-30 14:42:36 »
And finally, the very last field I've corrected for R05 :)  Phew.

midgal   "Cloud's and Zax's initial positions are visible.
Guard remains facing the commander.
Cloud's position while taking Zax's sword is incorrect.
Zax miraculously comes back to life when Cloud takes the sword.
Cloud's position changes while he is unconciousness, which also makes him move into a viewable area.
Redundant code."

I also had to edit an animation for the new models - since Cloud's arm looks like it dislocated :P

Liquid_Vegeta

• View Profile
« Reply #2919 on: 2016-08-30 18:24:50 »
You're a hero DB, can't wait for R05.

Kaldarasha

• Prince of Model Editing
    • View Profile
« Reply #2920 on: 2016-08-30 20:09:05 »
I currently update Cloud and send you the files soon, with the Avalache team, too.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #2921 on: 2016-08-30 20:13:28 »
Cool!

Also, good news. JWP has managed to rewrite a section of Aali's driver [actually a dll] ( in assembly) to fix the FMV to centre too.  So along with my field fix, it's completely centred now.  If Aali ever gets round to releasing his source code, we won't need to do it that way.

Now, all that's needed is JWP porting that fix across to the Steam dll.

Aavock

• View Profile
« Reply #2922 on: 2016-08-31 00:51:48 »
Also, good news. JWP has managed to rewrite a section of Aali's driver [actually a dll] ( in assembly) to fix the FMV to centre too.  So along with my field fix, it's completely centred now.  If Aali ever gets round to releasing his source code, we won't need to do it that way.

Now, all that's needed is JWP porting that fix across to the Steam dll.

Amazing, the wait is almost over; thank you so much for doing this!

Matski

• View Profile
« Reply #2923 on: 2016-09-01 17:56:08 »
Thanks for all your hard work DLPB. Really looking forward the R05 being with us all soon. Having looked over the field fixes spreadsheet I have a few questions:
  • With this set of mods, does Barrett now point his right 'gun hand' to threaten the Shinra employee on the train or his normal left hand as usual?
  • It's noted on the field fixes file that Barrett can access the menu when he's handcuffed in Junon. Are specific submenu's like Items/Materia to be restricted or the entire menu?
  • Does anyone know if it was purposely intended for the game to play 'Bombing Mission' during the Guard Scorpion boss fight rather than 'Those Who Fight Further'?
Cheers.

Kaldarasha

• Prince of Model Editing
    • View Profile
« Reply #2924 on: 2016-09-01 19:32:51 »
Thanks for all your hard work DLPB. Really looking forward the R05 being with us all soon. Having looked over the field fixes spreadsheet I have a few questions:
  • With this set of mods, does Barrett now point his right 'gun hand' to threaten the Shinra employee on the train or his normal left hand as usual?
  • It's noted on the field fixes file that Barrett can access the menu when he's handcuffed in Junon. Are specific submenu's like Items/Materia to be restricted or the entire menu?
  • Does anyone know if it was purposely intended for the game to play 'Bombing Mission' during the Guard Scorpion boss fight rather than 'Those Who Fight Further'?
Cheers.

1. Can't promise anything but I try to mirror the arm animation frame by frame.
3. Since the game seems pretty well designed until Cloud meets Aerith, I'd say that this is a stylistic choice to keep the part as clean as possible. The boss theme would be to much input for the player. I wished modern game devs would respect the input side when they design tutorials.