Author Topic: Lightning Returns+Final Fantasy X|X-2 HD Remaster+Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5 Remix  (Read 5581 times)

LeonhartGR

• ~Whatever...~ Enjoy life!
    • View Profile
    • LeonhartGR Productions

Rundas

• What do you even do?
    • View Profile
Well, seeing as they're single player games, half of all the players in the world will steal them. And FFX and KH are great games which real fans would pay full price for, so while it is an ineffective business move, it's a good deal for the buyer. I think I analyzed your question too much.

Covarr

• Covarr-Let
  • Administrator
  • Just Covarr. No "n".
    • View Profile
You are aware that's not a special bundle, right? Amazon likes to list "Frequently Bought Together" items, but they're still at their normal prices. This is just their way of upselling, by saying "If you like this game, you might like these other ones too... We'll make it easier to buy them at the same time."

I have no intention of getting Lightning Returns. I may purchase X|X-2 HD Remaster, but only if it goes down to $30 USD, and only because I lost my PS2 copy of FFX. I absolutely intend to buy Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5 Remix, because the Final Mix content never got released in the US before and this is worth repurchasing the game to me.

I'm curious about the graphics in 1.5, because I've read that they lost the original assets and had to recreate them. If this is true, they may look significantly better than they actually did in the original game, not just upscaled textures as is common in HD rereleases. Perhaps more importantly, there's a strong chance that they've copied camera code from a more recent game. They haven't said anything about the camera, but it was absolutely horrid in Kingdom Hearts and Kingdom Hearts Re:Chain of Memories. I can only hope that they've borrowed something more recent, such as Birth By Sleep's camera.

Rundas

• What do you even do?
    • View Profile
I heard they're remaking a lot from scratch for KH. As for the bundle, I guess that means I'm irrelevant lol.

Kaldarasha

• Prince of Model Editing
    • View Profile
The game is due out for PlayStation 3 and PS Vita in Japan on December 26, and for PlayStation 3 in North America and Europe on March 18 and 21. The PS Vita release date will be announced later on.

Really? Do they need to translate it again?  :-\

dkma841

• delete
    • View Profile
Leonhart you check japanese version youtube too? :o impressive lol new vids

LeonhartGR

• ~Whatever...~ Enjoy life!
    • View Profile
    • LeonhartGR Productions
Yeah... they are usually a little faster in uploading updates than the US or EU channels and they post some interesting interviews and presentations as well though I think they should include subs for the rest of the world to understand but they just don't care. They are Japanese.

dkma841

• delete
    • View Profile

TOP Original Game: Character shows determination and strong facial features
BOTTOM Remake: Looks like a child. Distinctive hair replaced with wispy aliased hair. Looks like he may start crying at any moment.

From Kotaku and completely agree, saw alot of these hd remakes they're emotions and distinctiveness on their face etc is just gone, Auron looks okay but lol at Tidus

Rundas

• What do you even do?
    • View Profile
And I thought Tidus couldn't get any worse!

Dark Phoenix

• View Profile
They'd have to pay me to suffer through FFX again.

genesis063

• Self proclaimed number 1 Sephiroth fanboy
    • View Profile
You due realize that the international was Japanese version just with english voice acting.  It's not really surprising it is different as that they each have different actors and stiles of making the characters.

ShadowzI

• View Profile
Would like to mention (or remind) that lightning returns and final fantasy X|X-2 both have ultimate collectors edition at the *bargain* price of 80-90$ plus shipping....