Author Topic: SOLVED: FF7 Skipping Scenes, and not playing music...  (Read 3122 times)

CrazyPedestrian

Hey guys, it seems that ff7 won't play the music when riding a chocobo... It's kinda depressing with no music whenever i need to use one...  :(
Also, when i "WARKed" at the chocobo at the ranch, it completely skipped over the dance :(
And on another issue, it seems to skip over the "sleeping" part when i stay at an inn. No music or anything...

Is there a fix or patch to this that I'm missing? Or am I doomed to skipped scenes and have no happy-go-lucky chocobo music...

These are the current mods and updates I have installed:

- Update Patch 1.02
- Aali’s Custom Graphics Driver  Ver. 7.10b
- Phoenix Rejuvenation Project
- Team Avalanche’s Graphical Overhaul
- FF7 Music Patch  Ver. 1.513
- Millenia’s Custom Cloud Weapon Models
- YAMP + MGP Patches

I'm running Win 7 Home Premium 64bit
« Last Edit: 2011-06-11 11:01:28 by Bosola »

Covarr

• Covarr-Let
  • Administrator
  • Just Covarr. No "n".
    • View Profile
Re: FF7 Skipping Scenes, and not playing music...
« Reply #1 on: 2011-05-10 00:37:24 »
The missing chocobo music is my fault. It's fixed in the latest ff7music installer, but if you don't want to redownload that then this small update should fix that problem.

I'm not familiar with the missing sleep/dance scenes, though. :(

Vgr

• Global moderator
  • If it quacks like a duck, it must be a duck
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2011-05-10 00:43:38 »
These probs occurs for me, too. Don't know what's causing it or how to solve it.

Aali

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2011-05-10 01:07:09 »
The skipped scenes is because of how the FF7Music plugin for the custom driver works.
Unfortunately some scenes are 100% tied to the background music, the scene ends when the music ends.
A real music plugin would be able to tell the game if a song is playing or not but obviously I can't really do that with FF7Music.