Author Topic: [FF7PC] Whiteravens Aeris Field model (2013-11-13)  (Read 9027 times)

cmh175

• View Profile
    • Chris Hendrickson's Artstation
All future updates moved to this thread. ~Covarr

I saw the HQ Aeris link was down and decided to convert Whiteravens model for the field. There wasn't an official model released yet so I figured I'd share it.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/87723i28lt7nb26/Whiteravens_Aeris_Field_Model.7z
« Last Edit: 2014-07-19 18:14:13 by Covarr »

LeonhartGR

• ~Whatever...~ Enjoy life!
    • View Profile
    • LeonhartGR Productions
Re: Whiteravens Aeris Field model
« Reply #1 on: 2013-11-13 22:46:38 »
That's great! Seems you are getting lots of credit for ff work lately! I wish I had CC model though... if you are getting my point :-P

You have already proven your talent in converting models! You think you would be able to convert something like this? If you are given the permission of course!
 :?:

Take a look at the rest of MoogleOutFitters models of course.

And please do not flag me for trolling a bit with the image below :-P :-P :

« Last Edit: 2013-11-14 00:41:37 by LeonhartGR »

cmh175

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2013-11-13 23:13:25 »
lol thanks. I actually did this a month ago or so. Someone asked for help converting the model and was having trouble so I tried it myself. Had to wait for permission to upload it though. I like the face from the Crisis Core model, but the dress would look off in FF7, would have to edit it. I wouldn't be able to release it unfortunately, to avoid admin issues the best I can do is point you towards google.

~I actually saw that. With permission...maybe? I cant tell where the textures are from. Those models are also in a .mesh format, which I'm not familiar with. I'd have to convert it first. There's also a ton of texture files lol, about 79. Half of them look like specular, alpha, and normal mapping though so maybe only half would be needed.

~It doesn't look ripped. If I can get this in an obj I could probably consolidate the textures. Let me know if anyone's able to convert this, the .mesh viewers I've found keep crashing.

~Imported to blender. Looking at some of the textures on the model this may not work in FF7. Some of them like the dress and jacket are solid colors, and will probably rely on the mapping textures we cant use.

It does look pretty awesome though, I'll look into this more.
« Last Edit: 2013-11-14 02:57:05 by cmh175 »

LeonhartGR

• View Profile
    • LeonhartGR Productions
« Reply #3 on: 2013-11-15 00:06:50 »
I can admit you are on fire lately ;)

Tekkie.X

• Formerly known as DragonNinja
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2013-11-15 16:20:12 »
I hate to piss on ones chips, however there is definitely some ripped content in there I'm afraid, one look at the texture names should give the game away then a look at the actual textures throws the game out the window.

Looks like stuff from Lineage 2, FFXIII, Injustice and probably one or two other games as well.
« Last Edit: 2013-11-15 16:23:39 by DragonNinja »

cmh175

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2013-11-15 17:08:23 »
I wasn't looking at file names, I was searching through the abbreviations for the diffuse texture files. They didn't look like much to me, but on a second look I found one named harley that looks like it maybe from DC Gods Among Us. More importantly the diffuse textures for the dress and jacket are solid color pngs, and depend on the other texture maps for their detail. So right now alone the model looks pretty flat. I maybe able to fix that after sorting out the texture files, but I'll also have to do some testing to check the poly count.

LeonhartGR

• View Profile
    • LeonhartGR Productions
« Reply #6 on: 2013-11-16 01:18:28 »
It would be better if you brighten the skin a little more if you manage to bypass all restrictions of course.

cmh175

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2013-11-16 07:19:51 »
So I finished sorting the diffuse textures, and the model actually looks pretty good without the extra detail. I think I only ended up keeping maybe 6 texture files total. Some are solid colors so they wouldn't be a problem. However the face, eyes, arms, hands, and boots are definitely from other models. It probably wont meet the requirements for a Qhimm release.

LeonhartGR

• View Profile
    • LeonhartGR Productions
« Reply #8 on: 2013-11-16 08:02:27 »
That's pretty bad... it would be nice to have legiit detailed models like those some day. I still admire the work that's been done for RedXIII as well as BloodShot's Tifa... :|

P.S.: I guess those are totally out of option :-P :-P
« Last Edit: 2013-11-16 08:24:58 by LeonhartGR »