Author Topic: PSX/PSP Sephiroth and Shinra MOD  (Read 91244 times)

vayneruel

• View Profile
Re: PSX/PSP Sephiroth and Shinra MOD
« Reply #50 on: 2013-08-29 10:44:15 »
WOW i dont belive this, it´s incredible , magnificient work Jeet.

Jeet

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: 2013-08-30 17:48:19 »
Thx, the mod is OVER, download link  in the first post, have fun. Make me know if there is any bug/freezes that i didnt fixed. (i'v tested it but not the entire game )

Jeet

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: 2013-09-02 19:59:06 »
I UPDATED the mod, for those who already tested it you probably noticed sephiroth was smaller than the original ( with a different outfit) and dayne have no gunarm, Elena in battle had problem with cameras while casting magic and red13 didnt have a field model, i fixed all these problems ,  check the first post with the update description and the new download link.

EDIT: i added the mini game with the daulphin at junon, it seem it was buggy with sephiroth as the main character, i fixed the problem, now the file containing the mini game have to be downloaded and installed too.
« Last Edit: 2013-09-03 00:48:15 by Jeet »

criminal mind

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: 2013-09-03 05:46:50 »
@SIR JEET: sir!!! thankyou very very much you made my dream come true..actually it is more than what i want!! i have tested the intro part and i was impressed..umm i think dayne character field is awesome with or without the gun arm..what is important is the game battle itself =) and with regard sephiroth's field model..i think its awesome whether it is the small or normal size..it does not matter for me.. =) anyway sir, i have just notice that in the first part where sephiroth (cloud) introduces himself his menu photo does not appear...the one that appears is cloud's photo... the same is true with dayne (barret)..where the menu photo that appears is that of barret not dayne...ummm did i make a mistake or some error in the insertion of files or it was just a lapse on the mod itself? umm if that is the case, its alright sir... =) its not necessary ..but it would just be more realistic if the intro part will automatically appear that it is sephiroth that is the character in the menu photo during the introductory part.
in either case sir!! good job!!!!!!!!!!!!! =) please keep me updated for more modifications sir!!!! i am really impressed !!!!!!!

EDIT:   i am really at awe, i have tried the limit break of sephiroth "life form" its so awesome i stuck up for like 1 minute lol!!! i was fighting with the scorpion bot at the first boss battle when sephiroth transformed into his "life form" with 600 plus life base hehe the scorpion was no match hahahahahaahah great job sir!!!!
oh yeah i noticed that Dayne's field character as regards his gun arm is not at par with his character model during game battle umm the character model's gun arm during in game battle is on his left arm..while the field model gun arm is on his right ...ummm again its not a major issue...its a minor issue that should not even be dealt with =) thanks again sir..keep us updated with any crashes or conflicts =) my siblings are also impressed with your mod sir.
« Last Edit: 2013-09-03 06:59:30 by criminal mind »

Jeet

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: 2013-09-03 11:50:10 »
Thx :)

To answer all ur questions :

Yes, when you change a character's name the portrait is not displayed  ( the name too) , i dunno how to fix this, but its normal.

For Dayne i did this on purpose, since barret ( dayne) use a lot his right arm to shoot people ( on field) i prefered put the gun on the right arm to look more realistic in field

My first intention was to make bizzarro sephiroth as a first limit break , but due to a important color bug with this one( i never understand how to fix it), i just deleted it from my mod, and i replaced him with lifeform hojo, since they are both blood related that could make sense for a transformation.

And for sephiroth field, the problem was not only the size or the torso but i failed in the bone size proportions ( the left arm and the neck was smaller than the original) but everything is fixed with the news models.

For now the only bug i had was in junon with the daulphin, i hope it will be the only one, anyway everything can be fixed so make me know if something not working.
« Last Edit: 2013-09-03 11:51:45 by Jeet »

Velias

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: 2013-09-04 18:06:17 »
This is a great mod Jeet! I have a short list of bugs/glitches to report though.

1 ~ In some scenes, Sephiroth reverts back to Cloud. The first time on the train where you have to speak with Jesse, Cloud's head appears instead of Sephiroth's (This was before you updated the mod so I don't know if it is still the same). Or like the one at the end of disc one (which I am unable to continue) where Sephiroth is about to kill Aeris, he changes back into Cloud.

2 ~ Since you've updated the mod, I don't have to report the error with Elena. But did you mean to disable the other limit break slots for those characters that can only use 1 limit per level? Normally Vincent only have 1 limit per level but everyone else have 2 limits per level. Is there a way to change this in your mod so that characters like Dyne, Reno, Dark Nation, etc have a build like that or would it cause a problem?

3 ~ Lastly, I've converted the game from psx to psp and I'm at the end of disc one. Just as the movie scene plays when Aeris dies, the game freezes. Though I'm not really sure if this is the mod's problem or if something went wrong when converting the game from psx to psp, I can't get past that part of the game.

Other than that, the game runs quite well. I look forward to the next update!

Jeet

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: 2013-09-04 20:39:42 »
Thx

1/This is normal, certains models ( like when cloud hold his buster sword in field) are not contained in the BCX file, but in another files, i didnt modified theses one because the time to hack them would be very longer , and longer for you to install it too.

2/In my mod, all characters are like vincent ( 1 limit break per level, even if you gain your second, you cant use it) i limited the limit break because these hacked characters CANNOT use limits break lile " omnisladh , all creation " etc, or game will have freeze/bug ( only sephiroth have 2 limits break per levels)

3/Its problably the mod, i need to modify this scene and i will upload it soon, the freeze is before the cutscene or after aerith death? 

EDIT : the cutscene when aerith die now work,  check details in my first post with new download link
« Last Edit: 2013-09-04 21:42:07 by Jeet »

Velias

• View Profile
« Reply #57 on: 2013-09-05 00:00:19 »
Oh okay, no problem.

I don't think I worded the part about limits right but I think I know the answer now so no problem. But are you saying that the limit breaks you must find have nothing in it's place (aside from Diamond) or did you mean that they just can't use the original animations for something like Cosmo Memory? I figured that they won't be able to use the original animations for those limits.

Sorry for the late reply. Yes, I mean to say that just before the cutscene shows, the game freezes but the sound was still playing.

Thanks for the update! I'll patch it all right now and will let you know if I find any other bugs/glitches. Keep up the great work!
« Last Edit: 2013-09-05 01:52:30 by Velias »

Jeet

• View Profile
« Reply #58 on: 2013-09-05 02:52:41 »
I uploaded ( again) a new version, it seem my new battle model of dark nation make freeze the psp( not the psx) if he used his first or second weapon in fight, now its fixed .

Velias>For the limits break, to summarize, if i use cosmos memory with an hacked character, the magic effect will appear, but the character will be deformed for all the fight  ( dunno why, i never could fix this) so i managed to find some enemy spells or limits break who could work without bugs, and they are all in the mod, so i cant do better , all the rest is not working.

Velias

• View Profile
« Reply #59 on: 2013-09-05 22:32:50 »
Ah, I understand now. I have just a couple bugs to report this time around.

1 ~ When using Dyne's L2 limit on more than 3 enemies at once, the graphics get distorted. After the battle is over, it still looks weird as the menu or anything with text is all screwy.

2 ~ After climbing to the top of the mountain at the beginning of disc 2(after killing the 2 headed dragon). the game glitches much like it did with Aeris' death scene. I'm not able to see the cutscene or go down the mountain at this point.

I suppose I would have posted it earlier had I not been grinding my characters and getting a few Dragon Amulets.

Jeet

• View Profile
« Reply #60 on: 2013-09-06 02:29:24 »
Thx  , your posts are helpful for me since i dont have much free time to test the mod.

Dyne limits break problem should be fixed, now his limits make more damage but hit only one target ( the original spell i used for dayne limits break is not supposed to hit more than one target, thats was the reason)

I fixed the cutscene problem on the disc 2  now its working, new download link at first post

Velias

• View Profile
« Reply #61 on: 2013-09-06 04:07:32 »
No problem, I'm glad to help.

Cool, I'll be updating everything and testing it out very soon. I'l be sure to update you if I catch anything else! As always, keep up the good work good sir!

Edit: Trying to obtain Beta from Midgar Zolom is hard. When I fight him, he tends to knock one person away. But just before he can, the game crashes.

Edit2: I just noticed that Chocobro can gain a limit but there isn't a special attack, it just does the same thing.

Also, when Elena(Tifa) is trying to help Cloud(Sephiroth) remember his past by going into Nibelheim, I get the same problem as I did before when the colors are distorted. I can continue from there until I reach the part when I have to look inside Tifa's(Elena's) room. The game freezes just before I can look inside and the text is messed up throughout that whole thing.
« Last Edit: 2013-09-07 05:32:03 by Velias »

Jeet

• View Profile
« Reply #62 on: 2013-09-07 18:56:38 »
I dont know the problem with the midgar zolom, so i just make it possible to  manipulate him and use beta on the team, i fixed the bug on the cut scenes, and some sound problems with rude and dyne weapons, for palmer limit break, it summon a chocobo and let you control him in battle, the chocobo is supposed to have +100% stats , at the limit 2, he'll have +200% stats, i didnt tested it yet but thats what it supposed to do.

Velias

• View Profile
« Reply #63 on: 2013-09-07 19:35:24 »
Okay I'll check it out a little later. As far as Palmer goes, I know he summons the chocobo but the chocobo itself can get a limit break. Are you saying that once Chocobro uses it's limit, it gets an additional +100% for all stats?

Edit: Just noticed that Yuffie's ultimate weapon, Conformer, isn't usable during battle. It will crash the game. I've yet to check out the other ultimate weapons.

After Cid's rocket hits meteor, the game freezes but you can still hear the noises.
« Last Edit: 2013-09-09 00:40:48 by Velias »

Jeet

• View Profile
« Reply #64 on: 2013-09-09 02:35:05 »
Ok both problems are fixed , i didnt tested reno's weapon but technically it should work now

For palmer, when you use the limit break and summon the chocobo, it will give 100% stats , i dont know if the effect can be stacked by using a second time the limit break in the same fight, but the maximum is 200% anyway.

EDIT: i fixed the parachut midgar cutscene too
« Last Edit: 2013-09-09 05:28:33 by Jeet »

Velias

• View Profile
« Reply #65 on: 2013-09-09 16:40:55 »
I'm updating it right now. Once again, I have some more bugs to report.

1 ~ Dyne learned Waterkick on level 4 limit (I laughed so hard on this one considering his leg is injured) but can't learn Catastrophe

2 ~ Sephiroth getting off of a chocobo is a little glitchy as his body goes all over the place before landing correctly(at one point it froze the game but that hasn't happened since then).

3(maybe) ~ Not sure if this is a bug. Did you purposely change Contain materia to use different animations?
« Last Edit: 2013-09-09 17:49:13 by Velias »

Jeet

• View Profile
« Reply #66 on: 2013-09-09 18:45:09 »
1/ edit: ok so i tested everything and it seem all characters limits break 4 is working when learning it from the item, only dyne dont work, after many test there is no way he can learn the limit 4 with the catastrophe item, there is no reason for that, and this make me mad, since he is the only character with this problem i just give his catastrophe limit break at lvl 3, to summarize, when you 'll use the limit break lvl 3 you will use catastrophe ( L4) , thats the only way, but now to gain his lvl 3 limit break it will require 300 kills instead of 250, and the catastrophe item is now unusable (since he is useless), so the problem is solved.

2/ i used the chocobo for avoid midgar zolom fight in cd1 and i had no problem, this problem occur all time? or only with certain type of chocobo? ( i had this problem with elena world map model thats why i finally didnt put her in the mod, but it seem sephiroth  and rufus model was ok in world map) , anyway there is nothing i can do for this, if its really annoying for you , the only way would be to restore the original cloud's worldmap model ( WM0.BSZ)

3/ its not a bug i did this on purpose, since there is dyne, a limit break including diamond weapon and ruby weapon, i made the contain materia using these characters spell animations

Freeze is coktail molotov
break is s-mines
tornado is ruby ray
flare is diamond flash

These spells are strongers too so care when a behemoth use " flare" (diamond flash) this will hurt a lot

I will upload dayne's new limits break with the last upload of the mod, since the game is soon 100% tested.
« Last Edit: 2013-09-09 20:38:11 by Jeet »

Velias

• View Profile
« Reply #67 on: 2013-09-10 01:54:08 »
1 ~Okay so L4 will replace Waterkick?

2 ~ No it's not annoying but a little weird since he doesn't get off right. I just make sure not to get off when I'm very close to towns or by mountains.

3 ~ Oh okay cool. I haven't mastered Contain yet but it's nice to see new skills. I'm going to make sure I run from Behemoth when I raid Midgar, lol!

Jeet

• View Profile
« Reply #68 on: 2013-09-11 05:08:46 »
The mod is 100% tested now and everything is fixed, new download link in first post , i dont think there will be new updates since this version is supposed to be working without freezes/bug.

Velias> yes L4 will be the lvl 3 limit break for dyne, no more waterkick ( dunno why they appear in dyne limits btw, probably a missclik from me), and yes, better run vs behemoth in midgar since his flare will one shot all your team if your not high lvl ;)

Velias

• View Profile
« Reply #69 on: 2013-09-13 03:30:05 »
Great job! I was just about to say it would take me a while before finally finishing the game (wanted to try killing all WEAPON first) but I guess everything is fine now.

Okay that's cool. Sephiroth's L3 limit was too strong for Behemoth so it was no problem fighting him lol.

gledson999

• Listem to my Story, this maybe our last chance ♪
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: 2013-10-14 01:35:19 »
Great job! I was just about to say it would take me a while before finally finishing the game (wanted to try killing all WEAPON first) but I guess everything is fine now.

Okay that's cool. Sephiroth's L3 limit was too strong for Behemoth so it was no problem fighting him lol.

How i do for change cloud for sephiroth

Ex: Cloud are Sephiroth and Sephiroth become Cloud

Enemy become friend?

Xuphiroth

• View Profile
« Reply #71 on: 2014-01-12 13:26:48 »
Hello, I just downloaded this cool mod but I've got a problem, it work fine until the 2 second bomber mission and just after the 2nd boss fight "Guard Robot" the screen got frozen when the cinematic was about to start, anyone can help me ?

Zara8

• View Profile
« Reply #72 on: 2014-01-15 23:31:33 »
Hey staff

when i used this mod on my ff7 game, it showed alot of graphic glitches on it

the big door in sector 6 had alot of graphic glitches on it as well

so is there anyway to fix this problem

thanks

Zara8

• View Profile
« Reply #73 on: 2014-01-18 19:17:50 »
Hey staff

when i use this sephiroth mod when FMV are playing

it goes to huge grapic glitches alot

so can a staff member put this mod in the recycle bin please

because this mod is 100% broken beyond repair since the mod owner of this mod is no longer online to fix it

thanks
« Last Edit: 2014-01-19 15:33:32 by bobby678 »

Bosola

• Fire hazard!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #74 on: 2014-01-21 08:56:58 »
No. Just because it's unfinished and hasn't been updated in a few months doesn't make it 'dead'. Projects like this are extremely time consuming, and done alone can take _years_.

Double check that you installed everything, and if it still doesn't work provide a *clear* description of your problem (screenshots are valuable), then wait. And don't double post. Developers have their own lives and other projects; don't badger people to respond just because you'd like daily updates.

Also: don't double post, and don't use the report post functionality just to get urgent attention from mods. If you want staff attention a PM will suffice.