Author Topic: Text Outside of Boxes, Letters Squished Together When Using ffvii_bc.exe  (Read 3774 times)

lucidusatra

• View Profile
Hey everyone,
So, I've reinstalled twice from a fresh install just to make sure. I have the steam version. The first mod I installed was Remako, using 7th Heaven. Remako works perfectly. Afterwards, I installed the Reunion pack. Reunion installs the menu overhaul, so running FFVII with the standard ffvii.exe makes text wrap weirdly in the text boxes (with half of a word on one line and half on another, or words that just seem to get cut off at the edge of the box). Everything I've read says that after Reunion is installed, I'm supposed to run FFVII using ffvii_bc.exe. However, doing so makes the text and menu formatting even worse, with things either being squished together, or, in some cases, text existing outside of text boxes. And, to top it all off, the battle menu is completely garbled. I'm including some images.

https://imgur.com/wKZFuRp
https://imgur.com/ONC51Zg
https://imgur.com/gomxjOU
https://imgur.com/fpkjijl

I've tried disabling scaling on high DPI in compatibility, though the old checkbox seem to have been replaced with a new "Change High DPI settings" menu, with a few different options. I've tried every combination. I get this issue even when I run ffvii_bc.exe without using 7th Heaven. I've tried disabling Remako, to no avail.

Help?

LordUrQuan

• Alpha testing your worst nightmares
  • LOAD "FF2J",8,1
    • View Profile
Did you also activate the menu overhaul within the Beacause/MO mod using the configure button?  Just switching .exes isn't enough.

lucidusatra

• View Profile
Okay, so I actually solved the issue. When you install the Reunion mod pack, you launch it through the regular ffvii.exe. The problem was that the reunion installer was installing to ffvii_en.exe, since I have the steam version. Since you have to convert your steam version to the 1998 version in order to use 7th Heaven, you can't launch with ffvii_en.exe anymore, so I had to delete it and then run the Reunion installer again.

Then I ran into another issue, where 7th Heaven was using a folder called "textures" as its modpath. Reunion points the game to a folder called "reunion" instead, and ffvii can't have two modpaths. I fixed this by changing the modpath in 7th Heaven to "Reunion" and then reinstalling the reunion pack. Now everything works, and I can use 7th Heaven and Reunion at the same time. I just point 7th Heaven at the regular ffvii.exe and launch through 7th Heaven.

I didn't see this fix anywhere else on this forum, so if anyone else is having this issue, this is how to deal with it.

paladin181

• View Profile
Why are you installing Reunion manually? Are you not running on 7th Heaven? If not, then your post is in the wrong area. If you are, then you should start fresh with a clean steam install, then follow the tutorial for installing mods via 7th heaven. 7th heaven uses a wrapper and injects the changes directly into the RAM, so it doesn't actually modify game files to play the game. So installing Reunion manually will probably mess some things up if you're using 7th Heaven.

LordUrQuan

• Alpha testing your worst nightmares
  • LOAD "FF2J",8,1
    • View Profile
Why are you installing Reunion manually?
The version of Beacause/Reunion in the 7H catalog is R03c.  The most current version is R05c, and DLPB has said that R06 will be ready "real soon."   While the OP didn't say this was their goal, I have a feeling, based on the solution, that they wanted the latest and greatest Reunion (which requires separate installation), then tried to layer 7H on top in order to get the Remako texture boost.

dorthian

• View Profile
hi guy's

i've install today the 7th heaven / remako mod.

everything seems to work fine exept the same prob as the OP, texts and command boxes in combat mode all squeeshed...

i don't know how to fix this ... i use the steam version of the game.

thx in advance