Author Topic: [FF7PSX] Final Fantasy VII: Revisited (Demo 1)(Download Missing)[DEAD]  (Read 66260 times)

Vgr

• Global moderator
  • If it quacks like a duck, it must be a duck
    • View Profile
Re: [WIP] FFVII: Revisited (PSX)
« Reply #75 on: 2011-07-25 21:58:20 »
When it'll be time.

xLostWingx

• No Comment
    • View Profile
    • FFVII Lost Wing Mod/Hacks
« Reply #76 on: 2011-07-27 02:03:40 »
@E1SUNZ and anyone else wondering wHeN!?  I will likely go through periods of binging with this project.  I'm not working on it right now, but when I do (~2-3 weeks from now) it will take up a large portion of my liesure time.  The problem is that At Most I will have 2 weeks to work on this before I start my next batch of classes.  I also work most during most months of the year, so we can reduce this to a few simple equations.

If [not working] and [not going to classes] then I could finish the project by the end of September.
If [not working] and [going to classes] then I could finish it sometime in October hopefully.
If [working[ and [going to classes] then it will not be done until Christmas time.

I definitely have classes, so don't expect anything until at least mid-October.  I was thinking about releasing Disc 1 patches once I complete everything on Disc 1, but I don't want to do that if it is gonna take me another several months before I complete the project.  Anyway, yeah, just talking to myself mostly.  Glad to see that there are individuals still interested in this mod.  I promise, you will not be disappointed.

===============================

« Last Edit: 2011-07-30 05:05:45 by xLostWingx »

xLostWingx

• No Comment
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: 2011-07-30 05:05:54 »
Saturday July 30, 2011:

Due to some recent episodes of insomnia, I have decided to start working on FFVII:  Revisted earlier than expected.  In order to reacclimate to the feel of the game, I am going to do one of two things.  I am either going to put all notions of modding it aside for a moment, and start a New Game using my most recent iso and play up through all my changes - - OR - - I am going to save some time by just playing for 10 minutes at each of my 20 saves from the beginning of the game to Bone Village.  One way seems more prudent, and the other way seems more efficient.

Either way, once I am back in the Revisited mindset, I will reacclimate myself to the tools so I don't waste time making stupid/hasty mistakes like I have a habit of doing when I am out of practice.  Apparently PrC has been updated since I last worked on this project.  And I have yet to decide if I will be making the previously planned dialogue changes...really I am only concerned with Funtionability.  I will be posting a new video or two in the near future since the last one related to Revisited is quite outdated.
« Last Edit: 2011-07-30 05:21:35 by xLostWingx »

xLostWingx

• No Comment
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: 2011-07-31 07:35:14 »
I haven't made any new changes, but I have been playing through the game and here is a look at the first optional boss battle.  This is in the Winding Tunnel after you jump off the train before you destroy the mako reactor for the second mission.  Those red special combatants you may recall...well they are gone and now we have two Crazy Saws who average 220 damage per attack and often confuse their target.  Their speed is quite high and if they land a critical hit and confuse you at the same time, you're gonna have to get serious.

FFVII Revisited:  1st Optional Boss Battle (Dual Crazy Saws)

pacito-ex

• View Profile
Re: FFVII: Revisited - UPDATE
« Reply #79 on: 2011-08-02 16:05:47 »
[size=8pt
Choco-Steroids – Billy’s got a bit of a blackmarket in my game.  These choco-steroids, when injected into a party members, will cause the party to receive their Limit Breaks (still experimenting with this to see if I can make it affect all party members.  Seems stupid if Cloud uses it, but Aeris and Tifa get their Limits and Cloud doesn’t)..[/size]

I think I know why Choco Steroids are affecting only 2 characters out of 3. You're probably using the code for Aeries' or Nanaki's Limit break that makes the other 2 characters fill their limit gauge up. Just modify the target value to all party members and it should work.

Vgr

• Global moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: 2011-08-02 16:12:29 »
Yes, it was... Unfortunately, it isn't as simple as that... The only possible use would be in AI editing.

xLostWingx

• No Comment
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: 2011-08-05 00:09:44 »
Well the choco-steroids are an essentially insignificant piece of this mod.  I mean, I just wanted to expand the enemy capabilities and the player capabilities to a certain extent; Choco-Steroids affecting only 2 characters (like Fury Brand) is just fine with me.  The visual aspects don't concern me as much anymore.  Ideally, yeah, everything would be perfect.  Problem is, perfection is impossible.  So I am just going for a kickass mod that, at the very least, I will enjoy.  I am certain that many others will enjoy it as well despite its flaws.  The battle will be difficult.  The time spent equipping your characters will be fun as hell.  The boss battles will be new and unique.  Disc 3 will challenge your skills as an FFVII expert, and if not, you will at least have 100,000 new potential combinations of equipment and materia to try out, which has always been my favorite part of the game.  Yeah, sure...you can kill Emerald WEAPON, but killing him 50 different ways (from single character, initial equipment, no materia to limit miming to KOR spamming to lucky 7777s, etc. etc.) is what has kept me playing this game for so many years.  Now you will have hundreds of new options and combinations for defeating this foe and all the other (probably more difficult) battles that I will be including.  Sometime in the near future I am going to compil a comprehensive document o all the awesomeness this mod will contain.

xLostWingx

• No Comment
    • View Profile
« Last Edit: 2011-08-06 18:30:49 by xLostWingx »

Covarr

• Covarr-Let
  • Administrator
  • Just Covarr. No "n".
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: 2011-08-06 17:08:49 »
What's with the songs overlapping the game music? If you want to overlay your own music on the video, I recommend silencing the in-game stuff first (Remove the # before music_plugin in ff7_opengl.cfg, but don't use FF7Music, and all music will be muted.)

xLostWingx

• No Comment
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: 2011-08-06 17:24:53 »
Just me listening to music while I play  :|  If it bothers people I can fix it though.  Do I even have an ff7_opengl.cfg?  This is PSX version.

pacito-ex

• View Profile
« Reply #85 on: 2011-08-06 19:37:15 »
0.0! Holy crap, was that bizarro sephiroth's beam? That's awesome dude :D. What program do you use to record by the way? Fraps brings my frame rate to an agonizing 10-12FPS when I tried to record and I have an AMD Phenom II Triple core processor running at 2.4GHZ :/. I expected ALOT more processing power when I got it :/.

Covarr

• Covarr-Let
  • Administrator
  • Just Covarr. No "n".
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: 2011-08-06 20:05:53 »
Do I even have an ff7_opengl.cfg?  This is PSX version.
Boy, don't I feel stupid. :P

xLostWingx

• No Comment
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: 2011-08-06 20:15:04 »
@pacito-ex lol, thanks.  I use Camstudio, but I'm no expert on video recording, I just know it works for me to do what I need to do (and I record these on my old Dell Latitude D810 @ 2.0Ghz Pentium M - so you should have no problem).

@Covarr lol, I was thoroughly confused for a moment there.
« Last Edit: 2011-08-06 20:25:00 by xLostWingx »

xLostWingx

• No Comment
    • View Profile

Vgr

• Global moderator
    • View Profile
Re: [WIP/FF7/PSX] FFVII: Revisited (PSX)
« Reply #89 on: 2011-08-12 20:57:54 »
Great! Want me to modify his AI so that he says the same thing as before?

pacito-ex

• View Profile
« Reply #90 on: 2011-08-12 23:59:35 »
Awesome! And you were right. Camtasia lets me record at full speed even with shaders enabled thanks~!  :lol:

xLostWingx

• No Comment
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: 2011-08-13 02:22:38 »
@pacito-ex:  cool, glad I could help.

@vgr:  Thanks for the offer.  I will let you know what I decide.  I think I prefer the Reno that ordinarily appears at this point in the game.  The Pyramid move feels like a greater threat whilst fighting than the constant Neo Turk Lights and the chance of that one brutal strike of his...although I felt it a little when Tifa was dead and Barret and Cloud both confused.

The recent videos that I've been posting are depicting the enemies in a slightly weaker state than they will be in for the final project.  I am just playing through what I have completed to get a better feel for what is actually going on.  My team is more powerful than I anticipated for this point in the game, and the enemies are a bit weaker than I intended.  A few minor adjustments to the EXP curves and the enemy Str and Dex should bring everything to the desired product.
« Last Edit: 2011-08-13 02:39:32 by xLostWingx »

Vgr

• Global moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: 2011-08-13 02:23:53 »
I can tweak him so that he uses both... well less powerful if needed...

xLostWingx

• No Comment
    • View Profile
REMOVED
« Reply #93 on: 2011-08-13 13:53:03 »
REMOVED
« Last Edit: 2011-08-16 05:57:56 by xLostWingx »

xLostWingx

• No Comment
    • View Profile
Re: [DEMO/WIP/FF7] Final Fantasy VII: Revisited (PSX)
« Reply #95 on: 2011-08-27 18:38:08 »
I've been playing through the game and learning a lot about my mod that I didn't know.  Whereas FFVII Lost Wing was a Low-Damage, Equipment/Materia-Reliant experiment with Str/HP-Boosted enemies...Revisited seems to be A High-Damage, More Options than you know what to do with, slightly less experimental project with Dex/Mag/Str boosted enemies in strange new formations and locations.  As I went to sleep last night I was thinking of the ways in which I could smooth Revisited out, since right now if you don't keep your level low, you crucify enemies, but if you keep your level low, you don't earn enough AP to level up materia.  SO...I will have to adjust the exp rewards and/or exp curves.  Also, there may be some intermod compatibility between Lost Wing and Revisited once I am done.  I can picture the Lost Wing kernel fitting right into the Revisited scene, and to a slightly lesser extent, the Revisited Kernel fitting into the Lost Wing scene.  I will be posting a list of all the changes I need to make and some of the more intriguing videos I've recorded.  The Da Chao Behemoth fight with limited materia supply was much fun.

dkma841

• delete
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: 2011-08-28 13:44:15 »
Nice can't wait btw are you still working on Disk 1?

xLostWingx

• No Comment
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: 2011-08-28 15:47:17 »
I'll include a comprehensive informational update here in a few days.  I just finished the Ancient Temple in my playthrough.  I have a notebook that I've been marking all the changes I need to make in...I have like 4 pages filled lol.  BUT, I think I will release another update for download after I fix the problems I found.  This means that Revisited will be playable up until Icicle Inn (of course you could play further, but random encounters and bosses will crumble at your feet).  There are a few issues that may pose bigger problems than others (I tested the Battle Arena twice - the first time went flawlessly, but the second time the game just stalled once I made it to the final battle).  Blizzard has a nasty habit of crashing the emulator about 1/3 of the time I use it.  The other 2/3 of the time, it works just fine.  There are a few places where the wrong enemies are showing up in certain areas, but that is easily fixable.  The majority of the changes are minor kernel tweaks, minor enemy tweaks, and I still need to do many Steals/Drops.  I do, however, need to redesign about half of Aeris' Weapons, but as with most kernel changes, this isn't a major task - it just adds to the cumulative amount of work that I gotta do...and these are all fixes, so I haven't progressed through the scene.bin any further than I was two months ago unfortunately.

xLostWingx

• No Comment
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: 2011-11-02 23:39:27 »
I was thinking.  The kernel.bin and shop.mnu and limit.mnu from the demo are essentially complete.  Littered with bugs and problems, but basically finished.  The Revisited Scene.bin is curently on hold.  I just can't spare the time to work on it anytime soon.  However, all Disc 1 Encounters are basically complete and most of them are functional.  Now because of the vast differences in enemy difficulty between vanilla VII and Revisited, it would be dumb to play through the unmodified battles with the Revisited kernel.  However...if someone were to use Revisited's Kernel, Shop.mnu, and Limit.mnu and I uploaded the current scene.bin, someone could play the whole first disc well enough.  If you were to plug in FFVII Lost Wing's scene.bin for Disc 2 and 3, then the battles would still present a reasonable degree of difficulty.  Granted, this won't be a finished product nor will it truely be FFVII Revisited, but if there is anyone who has been waiting around to play this, it could be a temporary solution.  I only suggest this because it will be months before I can finish Revisited properly.  I also plan on completing my Job Class kernel project before I finish Revisited's scene.  When it is all said and done, I will have 3 unique kernels and 2 unique scenes.  It might be interesting to mix-and-match them together.  Or maybe it would just create a disgusting Frankenstein.  But it is worth considering if you simply can't wait.  I ill try to make a second demo download available for Revisited sometime in the next week.