Author Topic: [FF7PC-98/Steam] Multiple mods and Modding Framework-The Reunion [R06f]  (Read 3008342 times)

pearl-lp

• View Profile
There's a bug turning up in my game, and I'm wondering if anyone else is having it. When there's a timer going - say, when opening the vault in Shinra Mansion or the rocket launch in Shera's flashback, the timer skips every other second. In Nibelheim, it goes too fast to enter all the numbers. In Rocket Town, the game gets stuck at 00:00 on the timer, but the message saying "15 minutes til launch". I got around it by running the game through 7th Heaven for those events, but I still don't know why. Anyone else have this issue, or have ideas on how to fix it?

skyhawk

• View Profile
There's a bug turning up in my game, and I'm wondering if anyone else is having it. When there's a timer going - say, when opening the vault in Shinra Mansion or the rocket launch in Shera's flashback, the timer skips every other second. In Nibelheim, it goes too fast to enter all the numbers. In Rocket Town, the game gets stuck at 00:00 on the timer, but the message saying "15 minutes til launch".
I quickly tested both the Niblheim vault and Shera's flashback, and both worked correctly for me.  Only explanation I can think of would be you have speedup turned on, which I presume is not the case?

If you're not able to figure it out, I'd suggest compiling a full bug-report as per page 1 of this thread.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
you'll be using weapon mode 2

pearl-lp

• View Profile
No, weapon mode is 0, disabled. Tried other settings, no change. Looks like it's something in my CUSTOM/GLOBAL folders, not actually a glitch with the Reunion mod directly  :oops:

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
You must be adding a custom flevel file that does it, yes.  Reunion.log will tell you which flevel is loading.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
ffnx is now merged to The Reunion and I'm just cleaning up before releasing R06g.
« Last Edit: 2020-05-30 19:09:26 by DLPB »

Agravaile

• View Profile
Nice! Congrats on finally making this plan a reality! Hopefully everything will be stable from now on and the crashes that gave you headaches will be gone. Also, not entirely important question, but, will the switch with help button between L2 and Select button be optional at some point? Not that it's needed, but, it's kind of a habit having it mapped on select button. I had a thought about mapping the speed up toggles on L3, just like PS4 release, and returning help to it's default mapping, that being select.

Edit: Some of those PS4 icons would look neat too, like the X3 icon appearing when you speed up, but i imagine that's something that will be hard to do.
« Last Edit: 2020-05-30 14:01:51 by Agravaile »

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
It won't be optional as select is used as a main function button.

Matski

• View Profile
Other news, Box FF7 has been updated to show old window positions - I'll release it with R06g.  I'm now positioning boxes and finalizing the localization.

Now you're finalising the localisation, are you ready for me to post the notes on ThorW's feedback?

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
Yes.  Pass it to me in PM.

supercheeselord

• View Profile
Hey there.  I installed version e a while back & it fixed the nifelheim bugs & a snowboarding crash.

It introduced a new bug now though.  The assist button doesn't work anymore!  The assist hand is permanently stuck on.  Not game breaking but kind of annoying.  I'm currently at Cosmo Canyon so I don't want to install version f atm.  Is this something I'm doing wrong on my end or is it a known bug?

supercheeselord

• View Profile
i keep seeing reports that it has been switched to L2, but I'm using an xbone controller and neither trigger seems to be recognizable by the game at all.

Agravaile

• View Profile
If your triggers are not recognised by the game, i suggest you using xinput plus for remapping controller buttons to your liking and having the triggers work.

supercheeselord

• View Profile
the assist button also doesn't work on keyboard.  it also doesn't work when i remap it.  the assist is permanently stuck on for some reason

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
check in game config screen in game or delete the input file and remap.  think it's called input.cfg ?? can't remember and im away

orichalcon

• It's a sin that somehow
  • Light is changing to shadow
    • View Profile
    • The Reunion
i noticed new_translation seems to provide some sort of spacing fixes for the UI relating to the exp and limit bars (main menu and after battle screen only)
 it works fine with new translation on, turn new_translation off and it breaks and is impossible to fix as the exp bar in the after battle menu is longer than the one in main menu
 even though they draw from the same file

is there some sort of hext you'd be willing to share that provides these changes only, so that the modded UIs dont break when they turn off new translation?
of course i'd provide instructions on how to uninstall it just in case

this is the only major limitation of a full UI mod (mostly unassisted with code) for reunion that i've seen so far

edit: actually already figured this out, nevermind
i see this is a thing that you've already worked on and figured out - i thought you were against making people reinvent the wheel  ::)
« Last Edit: 2020-06-01 03:45:43 by Orichalcon »

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
Nah - the turned off version is basically default game without fixes.  There's no time for me to start fixing specific original issues.

sycdan

• View Profile
DLPB, this is a wonderful piece of work -- well done.

I replayed the game for the first time in several years using Reunion and it was definitely a much improved experience. Now my son's playing through it too, having just recently finished FF7 Remake and wanting to get involved with his parents' theorycrafting!

Anyway, thought you might want to fix this super minor text error I just noticed: In the Nibelheim flashback at Kalm, if you talk to Zangan outside the mansion and pick the first option ("...?") he eventually says "[...] traveled as much I have.", which is missing an extra "as".

Also, a quick question: is it technically infeasible to allow the speedup feature to work while vsync is enabled? I get some annoying screen tearing without vsync so I'd like to be able to leave it on, but would also like to spend less time in random battles... not a big deal, but if it's possible to do then I feel as though it'd be a nice QoL thing to consider for a future release.

Cheers

skyhawk

• View Profile
"[...] traveled as much I have."

The human brain's autocorrect continues to amaze. I had to read that sentence half a dozen times before I understood what you were taking issue with.

orichalcon

• It's a sin that somehow
  • Light is changing to shadow
    • View Profile
    • The Reunion

Also, a quick question: is it technically infeasible to allow the speedup feature to work while vsync is enabled?

i use vsync with reunion all the time and i can use the speedup function
(same as you, screen tears like crazy without it, even with a 144hz monitor  :x)
« Last Edit: 2020-06-02 01:38:32 by Orichalcon »

Kilo

• View Profile
Excuse me if this information is stated somewhere in the main post but I can't find it: Which version will the translation be finalised in/was it finalised in? I'm four hours into R05c and there's still a lot of unnatural dialogue and a couple of grammar errors I saw as of that one, so I'd rather wait for the translation to be finished.

thebrokepope

• View Profile
Excuse me if this information is stated somewhere in the main post but I can't find it: Which version will the translation be finalised in/was it finalised in? I'm four hours into R05c and there's still a lot of unnatural dialogue and a couple of grammar errors I saw as of that one, so I'd rather wait for the translation to be finished.

Why are you using an outdated version? I believe R07 will be the finalised translation. Not a Japanese speaker but imo some unnatural sounding dialogue is probably inevitable if you start over analysing most game texts since they're hardly works of literary genius. I played the PSX R04 translation and it felt totally servicable for what the game was going for and I think the current R06 is already much improved. I'm also currently playing Xenoblade Chronicles and the occasional line of dialogue is really clunky despite that having what would be considered a modern, professional translation.

Not sure why I went on a rant but I was somewhat put off at first like you, then I just accepted this was a piece of pulp primarily made for children, with quite simple/larger than life characterisation, and I enjoyed it lol.

Kilo

• View Profile
I'm not using the latest release because the creators take down the mirror for the current one whenever they think the next one will release soon and R05c is documented on here. Also I could give you about 30 lines I already thought were bad but I'm also hyperanalytical from having Asperger's. On that note I've seen nigh flawless English translations in terms of sounding natural, see Ghost Trick, just about any Nintendo EAD game or many later FF games. The more I think the more I can list, actually. I have faith that these will be addressed in the finalised text but I strongly feel the amount of clunky dialogue is currently pretty high.
« Last Edit: 2020-06-02 03:49:27 by Kilo »

thebrokepope

• View Profile
I'm not using the latest release because the creators take down the mirror for the current one whenever they think the next one will release soon and R05c is documented on here. Also I could give you about 30 lines I already thought were bad but I'm also hyperanalytical from having Asperger's. On that note I've seen nigh flawless English translations in terms of sounding natural, see Ghost Trick, just about any Nintendo EAD game or many later FF games. The more I think the more I can list, actually. I have faith that these will be addressed in the finalised text but I strongly feel the amount of clunky dialogue is currently pretty high.

Well "currently" is not really accurate since you are using an outdated version. Mirror is down but the main link is still working for me to download via torrent. You could use that or wait for r06g which it seems will be released soon. Or wait for r07 which will be released who knows when. But I don't think over analysing a generally respected translation is worthwhile since translation and writing is a mostly subjective art. What is bad to you might not be bad to others or even a mistranslation of something that was initially clunky in Japanese. In the end you truly have no idea unless you're a Japanese speaker with the scripts side by side. I suffer from similar tendencies as yourself but I accept that no experience is perfect.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
No to mention I am largely just ignoring such posts as they tend to be totally illogical.  Asking me to look at a "bug report" from a release years ago is just too absurd tbh.