Author Topic: [FF7PC-98/Steam] New Threat Mod (v2.0.99994)  (Read 4899901 times)

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
Re: [FF7PC-98/Steam] New Threat Mod (v1.4)
« Reply #4200 on: 2016-09-26 18:26:44 »
hey sega chief

i am trying to put the lucky cat sitch slot mod on your Mod, if that is poissable at all

but it tells me that i am missing the ff7.exe file

Is this the YAMP patch made by Dziugo? Maybe it can't find the steam version's .exe because it's called FF7_en.exe instead of ff7.exe. Make a back-up copy of the .exe and rename it to just 'ff7.exe', then run the patcher and see if that works. Remember to rename the .exe back to 'ff7_en.exe' afterwards. If the patched .exe is broken, revert to the backup you made.

Personally I am just waiting for the Dark Cave to get readded before I jump in.

Not much longer on that front; battle-speccing might need redone though.

SirBlackMage

• View Profile
« Reply #4201 on: 2016-09-27 04:50:22 »
Just encountered an interesting bug while fighting Shake in the pagoda. After berserking him, the game constantly told me that he was out of MP. He was trying non-stop to use some spell that costs too much MP, while under the effect of Berserk no less. So yeah, He was basically doing nothing for the entire rest of the battle. I was forced to throw stuff at him to kill him because he couldn't charge my limit gauge.

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #4202 on: 2016-09-27 15:36:44 »
If no berserk command is set, or if it's a dummy command with no settings, then it'll be an attack which costs 65535MP resulting in failed execution; this is actually good because the game would crash if he did use it. I'll set him up with an appropriate Berserk command.

SirBlackMage

• View Profile
« Reply #4203 on: 2016-09-28 01:31:40 »
Oh yeah, I've seen that happen before in Garland's rare monster attacks video. It never occured to me that you actually had to set a berserk command, I just thought the enemy would automatically use a regular physical attack. So you could make an enemy that screws the player over by casting something like Ultima if you berserk him? That's kinda cool.

EDIT: By the way, I've read in an earlier post that you have to be level 30+ to fight the Alpha Zolom. Is that still true or has the level requirement been changed? Because I'm doing a run which pĂșts me at levels I really shouldn't be at (level 20 before temple of the ancients) because of drastically reducing experience gains through the use of Hojo. I'd like to know when I can actually fight the Zolom so I can plan ahead.
« Last Edit: 2016-09-28 10:43:42 by SirBlackMage »

Zara9

• View Profile
« Reply #4204 on: 2016-09-28 15:25:12 »
hey sega chief

sorry for all of these bug reports on your mod

but i encountered another bug on your mod, when i got the red sub on your mod, cloud won't sit down at all on the red sub, he stands up all day

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #4205 on: 2016-09-28 15:46:26 »
Oh yeah, I've seen that happen before in Garland's rare monster attacks video. It never occured to me that you actually had to set a berserk command, I just thought the enemy would automatically use a regular physical attack. So you could make an enemy that screws the player over by casting something like Ultima if you berserk him? That's kinda cool.

EDIT: By the way, I've read in an earlier post that you have to be level 30+ to fight the Alpha Zolom. Is that still true or has the level requirement been changed? Because I'm doing a run which pĂșts me at levels I really shouldn't be at (level 20 before temple of the ancients) because of drastically reducing experience gains through the use of Hojo. I'd like to know when I can actually fight the Zolom so I can plan ahead.

I think it was changed; you can fight him whenever now.

hey sega chief

sorry for all of these bug reports on your mod

but i encountered another bug on your mod, when i got the red sub on your mod, cloud won't sit down at all on the red sub, he stands up all day

Red sub? I'll check that out; it might be because I had to rescript the sub scenes just in case a different party leader was present. Does this prevent progress?

Zara9

• View Profile
« Reply #4206 on: 2016-09-28 15:50:28 »
hey sega chief

nope the game can continue with that bug, but its really annoying seeing cloud stand up in the red sub

Zara9

• View Profile
« Reply #4207 on: 2016-09-28 16:59:25 »
another bug report

when i beat ulimite weapon when he went to final location at cosom cayon, he flew away insted of casting shadow flaear at his final attack than dying

Zara9

• View Profile
« Reply #4208 on: 2016-09-28 17:05:45 »
bug report 3

when i beat all 3 jenova at the final boss area at the northern carter, the game softlocked on me

Zara9

• View Profile
« Reply #4209 on: 2016-09-28 18:19:41 »
the last time this mod was updated was back in july of this year

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #4210 on: 2016-09-28 23:44:32 »
I wanted everything done in one patch rather than making quick fixes but I'll get this Jenova thing done; people have mentioned it before. I'll remove the two adds and have it just be the boss on it's own.

Edit: Being told the date since the last actual patches were put up made me realise how long it's been since I fixed anything, especially the Main Installer (almost half a year). I'll see if I can spend some time this weekend working through the backlog of reported issues and get my feet clear before finishing up Dark Cave. Expect to see an updated Main Installer + 7H IRO by Monday.
« Last Edit: 2016-09-29 00:07:08 by Sega Chief »

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #4211 on: 2016-09-29 17:17:25 »
Working through the bugs and was looking at the SP system which isn't behaving correctly going past lv.44 due to a script-clash; but thinking about it, the whole set-up itself isn't great. Difficult enemies are giving the same SP as weaker ones, which is no good, and having a level req. gives an encouragement to avoid random battles or to manipulate EXP with KO'd party members.

The revision I've drafted up so far looks like this:

-) No level requirement on any enemy.

-) Each enemy gives varying SP depending on their relative strength to others in that area; 'swarm' enemies that appear in big groups (Capparwire for instance) give 0SP, while larger/stronger enemies give much more (10-20SP).

Just a quick example draft of, say, Gaea's Cliff:
Evilhead: 0SP
Headbomber: 3SP
Zolokalter: 3SP
Cuahl: 7SP
Stilva: 17SP
Icy Oscar: 18SP
Gaea Dragon: 22SP

-) 200 SP needed for each Rank; this is to let me set wider ranges for individual enemy SP in successive areas; I'll be tweaking boss SP to account for the change as well. I still want people to be hitting around 6-7 (even 8 ) before they reach Disc 3.
« Last Edit: 2016-09-30 00:08:47 by Sega Chief »

iDerek759

• View Profile
« Reply #4212 on: 2016-09-30 04:56:21 »
Working through the bugs and was looking at the SP system which isn't behaving correctly going past lv.44 due to a script-clash; but thinking about it, the whole set-up itself isn't great. Difficult enemies are giving the same SP as weaker ones, which is no good, and having a level req. gives an encouragement to avoid random battles or to manipulate EXP with KO'd party members.

The revision I've drafted up so far looks like this:

-) No level requirement on any enemy.

-) Each enemy gives varying SP depending on their relative strength to others in that area; 'swarm' enemies that appear in big groups (Capparwire for instance) give 0SP, while larger/stronger enemies give much more (10-20SP).

Just a quick example draft of, say, Gaea's Cliff:
Evilhead: 0SP
Headbomber: 3SP
Zolokalter: 3SP
Cuahl: 7SP
Stilva: 17SP
Icy Oscar: 18SP
Gaea Dragon: 22SP

-) 200 SP needed for each Rank; this is to let me set wider ranges for individual enemy SP in successive areas; I'll be tweaking boss SP to account for the change as well. I still want people to be hitting around 6-7 (even 8 ) before they reach Disc 3.

I love this new revision, seems good to me.
« Last Edit: 2016-09-30 04:58:24 by iDerek759 »

hordequester

• View Profile
« Reply #4213 on: 2016-09-30 08:29:05 »
That being said, NT isn't perfect and I hate to drive people away. I'll have another look at the Nattak fight.

After reading through your reply (thanks for taking the time btw), I decided to go back and take a look at the fight a bit more objectively.. after trying for 3 days at the point I wrote that..I was not too amiable. Looking at videos online of the fight and tips..suggestions etc. No one else seemed to be getting the heal spam I was getting (I even tried copying every move from the video line by line before I wrote that). After all this...I did a fresh install using your patcher and steam version.. fights are much slower now..not getting spammed... just made it back to that boss again and it was no problem... I'm wondering if 7H borked my exe or something because everything was getting twice as many turns as videos showed.

Anyway thanks for getting me to retry it again inadvertently or not and thank you (and the folks on your contributor list) for the mod. Not sure if it came across in my last post but I dd quite enjoy the mod except for the boss fights.. so I'm glad it's working now =D

SefiCompacto

• View Profile
« Reply #4214 on: 2016-09-30 12:46:06 »
Can't craft HP Shout, It says i don't have all the items. And yes, I do have them lol

How do I get LuvLuv G and Pulse ammo? the "where is the thing" doc says it's in the dark cave but that's unavailable atm right? and I should already have Pulse Ammo from Tseng but i don't

SunnyD

• View Profile
« Reply #4215 on: 2016-09-30 13:43:18 »
Can't craft HP Shout, It says i don't have all the items. And yes, I do have them lol

How do I get LuvLuv G and Pulse ammo? the "where is the thing" doc says it's in the dark cave but that's unavailable atm right? and I should already have Pulse Ammo from Tseng but i don't

There should be a Lost and Found NPC in the Highwind (if I remember right he's outside the door where you save and change your party). Speak with him and he should give you the Pulse Ammo (you might have to fight a Tonberry first). As for LuvLuvG, you'll have to wait until Dark Cave is re-added.

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #4216 on: 2016-09-30 13:56:56 »
After reading through your reply (thanks for taking the time btw), I decided to go back and take a look at the fight a bit more objectively.. after trying for 3 days at the point I wrote that..I was not too amiable. Looking at videos online of the fight and tips..suggestions etc. No one else seemed to be getting the heal spam I was getting (I even tried copying every move from the video line by line before I wrote that). After all this...I did a fresh install using your patcher and steam version.. fights are much slower now..not getting spammed... just made it back to that boss again and it was no problem... I'm wondering if 7H borked my exe or something because everything was getting twice as many turns as videos showed.

Anyway thanks for getting me to retry it again inadvertently or not and thank you (and the folks on your contributor list) for the mod. Not sure if it came across in my last post but I dd quite enjoy the mod except for the boss fights.. so I'm glad it's working now =D

I'll have a look at the 7H version; I think the catalog IRO isn't as up-to-date as the IRO I've got on this thread, so there's a chance the Nattak you fought had higher speed maybe .

There should be a Lost and Found NPC in the Highwind (if I remember right he's outside the door where you save and change your party). Speak with him and he should give you the Pulse Ammo (you might have to fight a Tonberry first). As for LuvLuvG, you'll have to wait until Dark Cave is re-added.

I've got a big set of bug-fixes and updates on the go which will be up by Monday (updating everything, including main installer + IRO). Some key items slipped the net but like Sunny said I've got a makeshift NPC on the Highwind to help cover these problems going between patches (he'll be deactivated once I'm certain that everyone's gotten the stuff that was missed + new updated versions have been out for a while).

What he'll basically do is check against your game progress and then look in your inventory to see if you have the key items, etc. that you would have gotten from certain fights. If they aren't there, he adds them in. It also switches on Cloud's innate, which was supposed to be flipped when Cloud rejoins the party after Mideel.

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
  • Dilly-Dally Shilly-Shally
    • View Profile
    • EQ2Alyza - YouTube Channel
« Reply #4217 on: 2016-10-01 01:40:21 »
Once your new IRO is up this weekend, I'll update the catalog which should fix most of the issues reported.

cheffdonty

• View Profile
« Reply #4218 on: 2016-10-01 20:10:19 »
Does this mean 1.5? I am excited. I love the mod but couldn't figure out how to apply the patches.

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #4219 on: 2016-10-02 06:19:44 »
Once your new IRO is up this weekend, I'll update the catalog which should fix most of the issues reported.

Thanks, Alyza :3

Does this mean 1.5? I am excited. I love the mod but couldn't figure out how to apply the patches.

It's the prelim patch to 1.45; I'm getting serious bugs sorted out now rather than trying to wait until I've got this sidequest overhaul done. The Main Installer is woefully out of date :l

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #4220 on: 2016-10-03 08:46:16 »
That's the new patches + Main Installer up; there's an updated IRO in the Main Installer download; I'll upload the IRO separately in a few hours (stuck in cool-leg at the mo :I). More detailed patch notes will be up too.

Zara9

• View Profile
« Reply #4221 on: 2016-10-03 10:14:52 »
will the dark cave sidequest be up and running by this week as well

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #4222 on: 2016-10-03 10:58:55 »
If all goes to plan, then there's a possibility.

dedelac

• View Profile
« Reply #4223 on: 2016-10-03 17:49:14 »
Hello Sega Chief!

Yesterday I bought FFVII on steam just to try your mod! Once I've played too much of this game on my old PS1,  your mod looks so amazing that motivated me to play it again (it's been a loooooong time since I last played).

Thing is... I liked it very much until get stuck in this bug...

After plasma buster, when Cloud falls in church and find Aeris, she asks for help when Reno arrives. When the screen changes and you must go further into the church, Aeris starts to take care of flowers again and two "teleporting" kids shows up from nowhere. If I go towards Renno, Aeris (tending the flowers) disappears and a lot of blue soldiers appear in her place. I can even get out the church through the front door...

Reload before the fight with plasma buster doesn't help. I'm using just NT 1.4 (3rd October 2016) on a fresh install of steam version of the game.

Sorry about my english, not native speaker  :-(
« Last Edit: 2016-10-03 18:16:27 by dedelac »

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #4224 on: 2016-10-03 18:24:03 »
I reorganised the scripts there; must be loading the wrong one. I'll get it sorted out just now.

Edit: Fixed it, uploading the replacements.
« Last Edit: 2016-10-03 18:33:24 by Sega Chief »