Author Topic: favorite fighting game  (Read 8694 times)

yarLson

• spr nrd
    • View Profile
favorite fighting game
« on: 2011-04-13 16:02:09 »
I am a big fan of fighters. So I was just wondering what everyone's favorite fighting game is?

mine is

mostly because spam=lose in this game. And also because it is Dragonball  :-D
also the new ones for PS3 suck complete ASS!

There is supposedly a new version with all kinds of sweet new features, such as 2v2 battles, but its only available in Japanese arcades so that doesn't help me much  :|

I KNOW ALL THE COMBOS!

I would challenge you all to an online match but this has got to be the worst online game in history. At least for me; ultra lagtastic.

my favorite character is...

♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥

:mrgreen:
« Last Edit: 2011-04-13 16:23:57 by yarLson »

idl12

• View Profile
Re: favorite fighting game
« Reply #1 on: 2011-04-13 16:10:03 »
Soulcalibur 1-2  the only fighting games where I know the moves and can pull of combos and I don't have to button mash and look like a total noob at arcades playing, + Nightmare can pretty much beat anyone by spamming heavy slash at the right times, not very dignifying, but since I suck at most fighting games and Usually only 8-12 year olds who can barely read hang out around arcades anymore, I get to feel pretty good about myself.

yarLson

• spr nrd
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2011-04-13 16:12:34 »
Soulcalibur 1-2  the only fighting games where I know the moves and can pull of combos and I don't have to button mash and look like a total noob at arcades playing, + Nightmare can pretty much beat anyone by spamming heavy slash at the right times, not very dignifying, but since I suck at most fighting games and Usually only 8-12 year olds who can barely read hang out around arcades anymore, I get to feel pretty good about myself.

I would destroy you with Link  :evil:

Covarr

• Covarr-Let
  • Administrator
  • Just Covarr. No "n".
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2011-04-13 16:58:41 »
I am Captain Casual! My favorite fighting game is Super Smash Bros. Brawl!

Although to be honest, it's mostly because virtually every other fighter plays like Street Fighter, which I don't really like, and the Smash Bros series is one of the few that doesn't even feel inspired by SF.

edit: POWER STONE. I can't believe I forgot about the Dreamcast classic, one of the best fighting games of all time.
« Last Edit: 2011-04-13 20:02:16 by Covarr »

Nightmarish

• owari da
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2011-04-13 18:12:38 »
#1 - King of Fighters ('99 and '97)
#2 - Tekken
#3 - Soul Blade/Calibur
#4 - Street Fighter
#5 - Naruto Ultimate Ninja

I used to be *really* good at KoF, Tekken and SoulBlade.
At least amongst my circle of friends i was clearly the best.

BloodShot

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2011-04-13 18:34:53 »
I'm probably in the minority here, but I fucking loved Ehrgeiz. And not just for FF7 characters. I thought the mix of fighting game mechanics with free-running around the ring was well implemented, and I love having reversals and such based on timing, instead of holding a button.

Also, Dissidia, and MK trilogy.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2011-04-13 18:37:11 »
1. Tekken Tag.  I am a master at it.

2.  Soulblade

3. Mortal Kombat Trilogy

4. Street Fighter II

In order.  All have great music as well, especially 2-4.

yarLson

• spr nrd
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2011-04-13 19:20:08 »
I'm probably in the minority here, but I fucking loved Ehrgeiz. And not just for FF7 characters. I thought the mix of fighting game mechanics with free-running around the ring was well implemented, and I love having reversals and such based on timing, instead of holding a button.

these same reasons are why I love Tenkaichi 3 so I know where your coming from.

ultima espio

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2011-04-13 20:42:36 »
I am a big fan of fighters. So I was just wondering what everyone's favorite fighting game is?

mine is

mostly because spam=lose in this game. And also because it is Dragonball  :-D
also the new ones for PS3 suck complete ASS!

There is supposedly a new version with all kinds of sweet new features, such as 2v2 battles, but its only available in Japanese arcades so that doesn't help me much  :|

I KNOW ALL THE COMBOS!

I would challenge you all to an online match but this has got to be the worst online game in history. At least for me; ultra lagtastic.

my favorite character is...

♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥

:mrgreen:

YES! I was obsessed with that game when I was 15. So many characters and forms to choose from, and loads of stages too. Lots of story modes to go through as well.

If only Dissidia had every character playable... ;D

Kudistos Megistos

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2011-04-15 00:48:04 »
This reminds me. Super Street Fighter IV Arcade Edition was announced for the PC the other day. Fucking win! 8)

yarLson

• spr nrd
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2011-04-15 01:26:37 »
really? after Capcom shit a brick over piracy of the last Street Fighter IV PC? haha

Kudistos Megistos

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2011-04-15 02:05:41 »
really? after Capcom shit a brick over piracy of the last Street Fighter IV PC? haha

I think it's going to come out a couple of weeks after the console versions, so that should dampen the impact of piracy (since games sell the majority of their copies within the first couple of weeks).

Also, there is less for them to lose. SFIV was a whole new game, so they lost a lot when people pirated. SSFIV is the same game with a few tweaks, and I imagine the things they added to it would be easy to port (new fighters certainly are), so the new game is basically just a money-printer. It's not so much of a loss to them if a load of people pirate it.

yarLson

• spr nrd
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2011-04-15 02:30:47 »
I see, makes sense.

xLostWingx

• No Comment
    • View Profile
    • FFVII Lost Wing Mod/Hacks
« Reply #13 on: 2011-04-15 02:45:37 »
Streets of Rage was pretty good.  idk if it counts though

yarLson

• spr nrd
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2011-04-15 03:08:28 »
YES! I was obsessed with that game when I was 15. So many characters and forms to choose from, and loads of stages too. Lots of story modes to go through as well.

If only Dissidia had every character playable... ;D
yes the single player story modes are pretty awesome. I feel like not very many people know how awesome this game can be though because you really have to be good and play with someone who is good to experience the potential. On top of that all the power ups you can buy and setup your character however you want. I had all 7 slots unlocked for every single character on my ps2 version as well as all the items, unfortunately I don't have that save anymore  :| The online is always a lag fest but luckily I have an extremely nerdy group of friends who are really good  8)

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2011-04-15 03:32:41 »
Streets of Rage was pretty good.  idk if it counts though

Great games 1-3, esp on 2 player.  Double dragon II was also great.  So was Golden Axe.

xLostWingx

• No Comment
    • View Profile
    • FFVII Lost Wing Mod/Hacks
« Reply #16 on: 2011-04-15 04:24:03 »
Golden Axe  8) *Headbutt, Headbutt, Magic Potion, WIN!*  Battletoads Double Dragon was fun too.  I loved my Sega Genesis

idl12

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2011-04-15 05:35:14 »
Ninja Turtles Anyone? I only ever beat the first one, that was with a friend, the rest, I keep dying at the  first- 3rd boss and get to hold my head in shame as the bread money I just spent on tokens was wasted.

Tekkie.X

• Formerly known as DragonNinja
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2011-04-15 12:46:49 »
« Last Edit: 2011-04-15 12:52:10 by Tekkie.X »