Author Topic: [PC] Mod manager - 7thHeaven (v1.54)  (Read 487021 times)

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
  • Dilly-Dally Shilly-Shally
    • View Profile
    • EQ2Alyza - YouTube Channel
Re: [FF7PC] Mod manager - 7thHeaven (v1.50)
« Reply #750 on: 2015-12-25 00:32:36 »
@Iros I can't remember if this is something I can change or not. Can I have these for default settings whenever 7H is run for the first time?

Library Location: [gamedir]\mods\7th Heaven

Aali Modpath: [gamedir]\mods\Textures

Extra Folders: music
                     direct

amm092434

• View Profile
« Reply #751 on: 2015-12-26 16:32:24 »
I was wondering If someone could help fix a mistake I made when installing this, I accidentally told the program so not use subscriptions and now I cant see mods, Is there a way to fix that or to make the program show me those settings again?

lionheart82

• View Profile
« Reply #752 on: 2015-12-26 16:46:49 »
I was wondering If someone could help fix a mistake I made when installing this, I accidentally told the program so not use subscriptions and now I cant see mods, Is there a way to fix that or to make the program show me those settings again?
From what i remember you need to delete 7H folder in c users yourusername roaming, thats where 7H settings are stored, activate it again and it will be reset, so you can set it up again.

Edit: Ah sorry c-users-username-appdata-roaming-7thworkshop is the folder path.

Please use the "Modify" button at the top right of your messages when you need to add something. ~Vgr
« Last Edit: 2015-12-26 23:38:54 by Vgr »

amm092434

• View Profile
« Reply #753 on: 2015-12-26 17:54:10 »
Ah sorry c-users-username-appdata-roaming-7thworkshop is the folder path.
Thanks for the help, I did that and it gave me those settings again, that being said the program still isnt showing me mods, even when I tell it to search from the catalog screen, do you know what my issue is?

Edit: Ignore this I figured it out and have everything working now

Please use the "Modify" button at the top right of your messages when you need to add something. ~Vgr
« Last Edit: 2015-12-26 23:42:11 by Vgr »

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #754 on: 2015-12-31 05:25:08 »
@Iros

Small thing with the compatibility option. I've set 3 of them for a specific mod, and after I go into Configure and then hit the OK, I will get 2 of the options in the pop-up window giving the warning about what has been enabled/disabled. The third one I set does not appear until I click the Configure button and hit OK a second time. It's not a huge deal, but it could be confusing to some users who don't understand all this behind-the-scenes stuff we have with the code.

lionheart82

• View Profile
« Reply #755 on: 2015-12-31 07:31:55 »
Hey guys im having problems getting into the sleeping man cave in junon area second time after getting tiny bronco. when i first got buggy it was ok but now it crashes. here are screen and all the files in question it asks. i tried removing all but 1 mod in 7H and its the same. dont know what could be wrong. not a big deal since im only after aeris 4 limit and not doing aeris revival but itd be trouble to get this in some other game critical area. can anyone look into this?

https://app.box.com/s/j1286zj9dyab54jequ6sy8z9bu8ft6zr

https://app.box.com/s/lrx1i0t2xp6yxanz7ob2rctzqbu3cid3

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #756 on: 2015-12-31 08:23:38 »
That's not a question about the tool itself. You should post that over in the 7th Heaven forum where all the FAQ and Problem Solving is posted for modded gameplay.

lionheart82

• View Profile
« Reply #757 on: 2015-12-31 09:45:25 »
Thx alyza, just so i dont make another wrong post do i post it here:
http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?board=37.0

make a new thread, or is there a specific thread for this problem?

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #758 on: 2015-12-31 10:46:23 »
Yep, post there and label the topic well so others who might have the problem can read it.

Iros

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Files for the file god! Mods for the mod throne!
    • View Profile
« Reply #759 on: 2016-01-03 11:31:52 »
Is it possible to devide the kernel also in chunks?
http://wiki.qhimm.com/view/FF7/Kernel/Kernel.bin

Possible, I suppose. If it does not happen in the next few weeks, reminds me please :)

I created a simple UI with not much functionality (but you can click on everything, its just a suggestion at all). Just take a look, share your ideas.
I made a minimalist approach and similar like the existing 7th heaven client. I'd keep it simple and clean.

I like it generally. A few questions would be I guess:

-It doesn't separate Active and Installed mods. I supppose it doesn't have to, but maybe it makes it a bit confusing because you can re-order mods that are not active (but it won't do anything!). Perhaps instead there could be two lists (one above the other) showing active & inactive mods? Not sure really...

-Maybe should make it more obvious that a mod has configuration? Some mods don't do anything until you configure them, so I think perhaps this should be very obvious?

@Iros I can't remember if this is something I can change or not. Can I have these for default settings whenever 7H is run for the first time?

Library Location: [gamedir]\mods\7th Heaven

Aali Modpath: [gamedir]\mods\Textures

Extra Folders: music
                     direct

This is set up when 7H is run for the first time, so not something you can change. It's before any catalog is downloaded at all. I can change this for the next version, I guess.

Also, what other errors are people running into a lot? I can change the way 7H displays the error, or maybe stop it occurring at all, depending on the error, so it is clearer what the problem is.

Insight

• Nothing special here...
    • View Profile
« Reply #760 on: 2016-01-03 17:09:08 »
yep, i know what you mean. i will think of something. havent thought about displaying the information in general. i liked the idea of having all info in one screen,in one grid. but i can change that if it improves handling and reduces possible errors.

for the configuration part: on activating the mod, there will be displayed a configuration-window where the user is forced to config it for the first time and after the configuration is applied, the mod is active. if there are mods which must not be configured, this information must be a flag which i can read (for skipping the config-window e.g.)

i will change the UI in the next few days and make a new suggestion.

Kaldarasha

• Prince of Model Editing
    • View Profile
« Reply #761 on: 2016-01-03 19:58:30 »
 Please add a donate link function for the mod authors. I would also like to see a donate button for the tool author.  ;)

Insight

• View Profile
« Reply #762 on: 2016-01-03 21:02:26 »

This is set up when 7H is run for the first time, so not something you can change. It's before any catalog is downloaded at all. I can change this for the next version, I guess.

I suggestion creating a config folder in the application path and store all information there. I would not go about global paths like appadata roaming and so on.

Please add a donate link function for the mod authors. I would also like to see a donate button for the tool author.  ;)

I can add that too, for the next set up.

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #763 on: 2016-01-04 08:39:31 »

Also, what other errors are people running into a lot? I can change the way 7H displays the error, or maybe stop it occurring at all, depending on the error, so it is clearer what the problem is.

Nah, you don't need to change if it you don't want. It sounds kind of unnecessary now that I think about it again.

The most common errors are these, in order of occurrence:

Code: [Select]
System.ArgumentNullException: Value cannot be null.
Parameter name: path1
   at System.IO.Path.Combine(String path1, String path2)
   at Iros._7th.Workshop.Settings.<VerifySettings>d__2.MoveNext() in c:\Iros\7thWorkshop\Settings.cs:line 49
   at System.String.Join(String separator, IEnumerable`1 values)
   at Iros._7th.Workshop.fLibrary.fLibrary_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e) in c:\Iros\7thWorkshop\fLibrary.cs:line 120
   at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnLoad(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnCreateControl()
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl(Boolean fIgnoreVisible)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl()
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmShowWindow(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WmShowWindow(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not find file 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\FINAL FANTASY VII\95c92c3e-fa0e-47c5-9625-0f508c4317a8_Animations_1.0.iro'.
File name: 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\FINAL FANTASY VII\95c92c3e-fa0e-47c5-9625-0f508c4317a8_Animations_1.0.iro'
   at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
   at System.IO.FileStream.Init(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, Int32 rights, Boolean useRights, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES secAttrs, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy, Boolean useLongPath, Boolean checkHost)
   at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access)
   at _7thWrapperLib.IrosArc..ctor(String filename, Boolean patchable) in c:\Iros\7thWrapperLib\IrosArc.cs:line 300
   at Iros._7th.Workshop.fLibrary.GetModInfo(InstalledItem ii) in c:\Iros\7thWorkshop\fLibrary.cs:line 831
   at Iros._7th.Workshop.fLibrary.ToggleActivateMod(Guid modID) in c:\Iros\7thWorkshop\fLibrary.cs:line 746
   at Iros._7th.Workshop.fLibrary.bActivateAll_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e) in c:\Iros\7thWorkshop\fLibrary.cs:line 1087
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

System.InvalidOperationException: There is an error in XML document (0, 0). ---> System.Xml.XmlException: Root element is missing.
   at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Throw(Exception e)
   at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ParseDocumentContent()
   at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Read()
   at System.Xml.XmlTextReader.Read()
   at System.Xml.XmlReader.MoveToContent()
   at Microsoft.Xml.Serialization.GeneratedAssembly.XmlSerializationReaderProfile.Read5_Profile()
   --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
   at System.Xml.Serialization.XmlSerializer.Deserialize(XmlReader xmlReader, String encodingStyle, XmlDeserializationEvents events)
   at System.Xml.Serialization.XmlSerializer.Deserialize(Stream stream)
   at Iros._7th.Util.Deserialize[T](Stream s) in c:\Iros\7thWrapperLib\Util.cs:line 10
   at Iros._7th.Util.Deserialize[T](String file) in c:\Iros\7thWrapperLib\Util.cs:line 14
   at Iros._7th.Workshop.fLibrary.fLibrary_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e) in c:\Iros\7thWorkshop\fLibrary.cs:line 107
   at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnLoad(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnCreateControl()
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl(Boolean fIgnoreVisible)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl()
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmShowWindow(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ContainerControl.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WmShowWindow(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WndProc(Message& m)

System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
   at Iros._7th.Workshop.fLibrary.CheckAllowedActivate(Guid modID) in c:\Iros\7thWorkshop\fLibrary.cs:line 511
   at Iros._7th.Workshop.fLibrary.DoActivate(Guid modID) in c:\Iros\7thWorkshop\fLibrary.cs:line 564
   at Iros._7th.Workshop.fLibrary.ToggleActivateMod(Guid modID) in c:\Iros\7thWorkshop\fLibrary.cs:line 804
   at Iros._7th.Workshop.fLibrary.bActivateAll_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e) in c:\Iros\7thWorkshop\fLibrary.cs:line 1087
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)

Insight

• View Profile
« Reply #764 on: 2016-01-04 19:09:59 »
Yo Iro, made an update:

https://mega.nz/#!NhlA3LQA!SWeon8yLltpuJeQLmDGufSj3z0qYisYdporO4GVfpeA

pw is tifa, like last time. Click and experiment if you want. it's not perfect, but you should get the hang of it.

Edit:
If we agree on the design, my next approach would be to get to the backend and the models. It is just a showcase in which direction it can get. I would grab your sourcecode and remake some stuffs,but also transfer your code into a library for easier use with the client. Changelogs would be posted here or into another thread, as you like.
« Last Edit: 2016-01-06 06:39:51 by Insight »

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #765 on: 2016-01-07 08:11:32 »
@Insight

On the right side, could we have a collapsible window pane to show the mod previews and display the description underneath it?

Can we allow Activation of multiple mods highlighted together? Same for Deactivate?

Can we have an Activate All/Deactivate All option, perhaps as a drop-down or right-click menu on the current Activate/Deactivate buttons?

The Donation button should just open another Window with Mod Authors listed and a donation link next to their name. Only authors who provide their own links will be added.

Drag and drop feature for arranging mod orders, like we spoke about before :P

Insight

• View Profile
« Reply #766 on: 2016-01-07 09:55:51 »
@Insight

1.On the right side, could we have a collapsible window pane to show the mod previews and display the description underneath it?

2.Can we allow Activation of multiple mods highlighted together? Same for Deactivate?

3.Can we have an Activate All/Deactivate All option, perhaps as a drop-down or right-click menu on the current Activate/Deactivate buttons?

4.The Donation button should just open another Window with Mod Authors listed and a donation link next to their name. Only authors who provide their own links will be added.

5.Drag and drop feature for arranging mod orders, like we spoke about before :P

I edited the quote. ;)

1.yes
2.yes
3.yes (i have an idea about that)
4.my thought ;)
5.not sure, with this datagrid, probably not possible.

edit:
@iro
Since i have some time to spare, i am working on the UI and so on. I will let you know what my status is.
« Last Edit: 2016-01-07 17:59:59 by Insight »

Ace

• View Profile
« Reply #767 on: 2016-01-08 03:09:13 »
Was suggested to post here: http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=16604.0

Content:

Under Workshop > Open GL Driver Configuration; the help text stating the "Should be" are the wrong way around... right?

Another:

Using space bar to raise priority of a mod makes the block appear out of sync and behind other blocks.

Reproduce:
Disable Miscellaneous - Dynamic Cloud Weapons
Enable it
Go to bottom and click on up arrow
Hit space bar to raise item to the top.

Closing and reopening 7H resolves bug.

Insight

• View Profile
« Reply #768 on: 2016-01-08 22:29:34 »
@iro
for setting the default config, you read the registry to get the path for the directories and the exe file of ff7, right?

edit:

nvm. i have found a solution.

i uploaded a new version. i have implemented ClientSettings and GameSettings (icons in the upper left corner). As of now, ClientSettings are being saved for now.
Just try it out. It just takes a bit time....

https://mega.nz/#!EgFzRDQL!9CjCDrdtaiFfb4WP6fuRIIoEhjwT6LVvZp9rkI9t4uY

no password required.
« Last Edit: 2016-01-08 23:43:29 by Insight »

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #769 on: 2016-01-09 02:58:42 »
It seems functional for me. Only thing that feels funky is how you can keep pressing the icons and produce more than one of the same tab. I didn't quite see the Save/Cancel buttons at the bottom at first, so I thought pushing the icons again was a way to close the window (like a minimize button).

Edit: I also notice the ClientSettings are not saving after I close and reopen 7th Heaven. The message for detecting the startup settings only appears the first open, so I'm left with blank settings every time I open now.
« Last Edit: 2016-01-09 03:03:51 by EQ2Alyza »

Insight

• View Profile
« Reply #770 on: 2016-01-09 08:29:39 »
Ah, i missed the restriction for the tabs.i forgot ^^ hm, i will see what i can do for the rest.

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #771 on: 2016-01-09 08:34:38 »
@Iros

Is it possible to have a file saved upon a game launch that shows mod load order and it's configure options? This could make posting load orders for problem solving much easier on the forums.

Also, I cannot create a patch for the current Gameplay - Difficulty and Story category in the latest Catalog. 7H will eventually crash and state how it's run out of memory. I would post the errors, but Windows gives the "...has stopped working" message and closes 7H + error messages. Here are the two .iro I am trying to create a patch for.

Original: http://www.mediafire.com/download/hbpy3imrarcc7bo/Gameplay_-_Difficulty_and_Story.iro
New: http://www.mediafire.com/download/a3vcj8ileek1m0d/Gameplay_-_Difficulty_and_Story_-_2.1_Update.iro

Lastly, the default auto Settings need some tweaking. Currently, the following is set:

Library Location: ...\7thHeven
Aali Modpath: ...\mods\bootleg

I need them changed to the this:

Library Location: ...\7th Heaven
Aali Modpatch: ...\mods\Textures

First time users are not setting things up properly through that confusion, and there's been enough reports of "mods not working" when it's just a setup issue.
« Last Edit: 2016-01-09 12:35:29 by EQ2Alyza »

Insight

• View Profile
« Reply #772 on: 2016-01-09 09:33:39 »

Edit: I also notice the ClientSettings are not saving after I close and reopen 7th Heaven. The message for detecting the startup settings only appears the first open, so I'm left with blank settings every time I open now.

my clientsettings have been saved. do you have any logs in the log-folder? you are on windows 10 i guess hm?

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #773 on: 2016-01-09 09:37:23 »
Yep, Windows 10. I have no logs in the log folder.

Insight

• View Profile
« Reply #774 on: 2016-01-09 10:05:41 »
found the problem. it is not being loaded when launching the app. fixed this and the tabitems. i have put the buttons, like in the modlibrary, to the top for better navigation.

edit:
uploaded a new, fixed version. gamesettings are now included. it is password free.

https://mega.nz/#!wk03lZCQ!fMMStvyC-dGoBqwqNLR8uwtV0Eawmtz5SFiX9EC3-ZA
« Last Edit: 2016-01-09 10:22:14 by Insight »