Author Topic: K lite mega codec VERSUS Truemotion  (Read 5350 times)

Thrashamatrix

• There is no spoon, kid....
    • View Profile
K lite mega codec VERSUS Truemotion
« on: 2008-04-13 17:26:59 »
I have a very big problem, my FF7 used to work perfectly up until recently... Now it seems there is a conflict between my K lite and the true motion at first it would not start properly; Double click on ff7.exe and It goes to a black screen but I hear the Eidos music but I can't see anything, and then it just gets stuck; I cannot see anything or hear anything and I can't "escape" out of the game,the only thing I can do is hit the power button.. A week ago I un-installed the codec pack and tried it and it worked fine but for some reason doing it that way doesn work anymore... If i do not install the codec pack when I start ff7 it gives me a generic error message and I can't play If i install the codec pack it gets the black screen stuck thing...

damn sh!t sucks big time...

Any suggestions

Otokoshi

• View Profile
Re: K lite mega codec VERSUS Truemotion
« Reply #1 on: 2008-04-13 17:54:12 »
You can keep the K-Lite codec pack installed, here's what you have to do.

1) Install K-Lite codec pack
2) Install TrueMotion 2.0 Codec found HERE
3) Change settings for TM codec in ffdshow, "All Programs/K-Lite Codec Pack/Configuration/ffdshow video decoder"
4) Top left scroll bar select "Codecs"
5) Now use the right scroll bar and find "Truemothion 1,2", under the Decoder attribute select disabled.

This will disable the K-Lite codec support and then use the TrueMotion codec you downloaded instead.  The game should run fine then.

Edit:
Since you installed/uninstalled codecs a few times, you may need to use the "Codec Tweak Tool" to clean up the codecs "All Programs/K-Lite Codec Pack/Tools/Codec Tweak Tool"
« Last Edit: 2008-04-13 17:57:37 by Otokoshi »

Thrashamatrix

• There is no spoon, kid....
    • View Profile
Re: K lite mega codec VERSUS Truemotion
« Reply #2 on: 2008-04-13 19:14:40 »
 :-D THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks Otokoshi helped me alot, now I can continue with the new phoenix patch:)