Author Topic: Model creation  (Read 6769 times)

*:.Griever.:*

• Formerly Tidus_Lionheart
    • View Profile
Model creation
« on: 2008-04-05 13:59:43 »
Hey guys, I've recently aqquired/purchased/downloaded all the things I need to start creating models for FFVII, and I was just wondering, since I'm a total newbie at this, no prior experience, at all, what the easiest main character in FFVII is to model?  It's just so I can get the hang of it, and get the basics down and stuff like that.

I assume Cloud would be easiest, what with all the different models I've seen on here, but thought it better to ask first, before I dive head in, and find out he's the most complicated.

Any help appreciated :-)

weeemus

• View Profile
Re: Model creation
« Reply #1 on: 2008-04-05 14:44:36 »
For me I would say sephiroth or cloud. But maybe its because i model them so much that I find them easier to model than the rest of the characters.

Well its up to you to decide.  :-)

Try model cloud =P if you like.

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2008-04-05 15:10:00 »
Well I'm going to start tomorrow, and I think I'm going to start with Cloud, as the models I've seen across the forums makes me want to start there.
Some of the Cloud models I've seen are awesome, and since there's the legal problems and they can't be released, I realised the easiest...if I can call it easy, way would be to do it myself.

Marc

• I hear Voices ... in my head
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2008-04-05 16:02:11 »
I'm actually no modeler but if you're interested in my two cents, I would think Cid would be the character with the less details to make.

Going from memory here but he has a pretty straightforward attire with a smoke, a dogtag and a beard being his only special "traits" and he has a pretty straightforward haircut.  Cloud on the other hand has belts, shoulder pads, a crazy haircut plus loads of other little details.

Plus Cloud has got some many variations out here while Cid has none and is so badass!  :evil:

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2008-04-05 16:04:29 »
Hmm fair point, in that case it's decided.  I think I'm gonna do that, start with Cid, as you said he doesn't have many variations, and he deserves them.
I might try and get him to look like he does in Kingdom Hearts, with just the white T-shirt.

Swampthing15

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2008-04-05 17:17:53 »
ok, all of the threads ive looked at, every1 is talking about the crisis core and Kingdom Hearts models of the FFVII chars, what about dirge of cereberus? can u not rip the models out of that game? i ask cause i really like the vincent model and it is curently the only new FF7 game ive got...but im seriously thinking about buying a psp just for crisis core....and also thinkin bout picking up a copy of kingdom hearts lol

Viashino

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2008-04-07 13:13:59 »
lol accually swamp i had that idea as well and have been trying to rip vincent off there.

obesebear

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2008-04-07 20:58:09 »
Best of luck ripping anything off of DoC.  I tried a few months back with an emulator and, if memory serves, I got a lot of jumbled textures and that was it.  Good luck tho!

You can also check out the one somebody made for Jedi Academy.  I'm pretty sure he didn't give permission to release it in FF7, but you can always put it into your own game.  Vincent Valentine

Master Ridley

• Space Pirate Supreme Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2008-04-09 19:39:34 »
Eclypse specifically said no! You can't use his models other than Jedi Academy! Don't even suggest it!

Also, how did you try ripping Dirge of Cerberus?

And if you got something, don't give up. It's a start!

obesebear

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2008-04-09 21:27:01 »
I used the emulator pcsx2 I think it's called.  Then after grabbing a gamefaqs save,  I finally got to the ingame model viewer and used some other program on my pc that extracted directx information.

It's been many months since I did that and I can't recall what all I did to even get the game to start, and I definitely don't remember the program I used to try and rip the model with textures.  I just wanted to state that if someone wants that model badly enough, it might very well be possible to do so with the right tools and mass amounts of patience.

Master Ridley

• Space Pirate Supreme Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2008-04-11 18:44:42 »
Did you use 3D Ripper XD by any chance or did that not work?

obesebear

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2008-04-14 02:06:55 »
I know I had that on my computer around the same time.  So... there's a 50/50 chance thats what I used.   Has there been any progress with someone ripping models off the PCSX2?

Xelane

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2008-04-14 03:30:47 »
hey tidus if you ever get anything really cool out of your model experimenting then promise me you'll put it as a mod or patch cuz i'd really like to see what you can come up with  :-D