Author Topic: [FF7PC-98/Steam] Multiple mods and Modding Framework-The Reunion [R06f]  (Read 3026821 times)

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
Re: [FF7PC-98/Steam] Multiple mods - The Reunion (R05)
« Reply #2975 on: 2016-09-24 01:59:00 »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dBhvBN3lmWg&t=01m55s

The Reunion (R05)

Download link is on the first post.

Please note that the 'Movies' folder is now in the same location for both the Steam and the 1998 version. If using the 1998 version, make sure that you copy all movies from the disc - or other source - to \data\movies, with the exception of the two newly relocalized videos: ending2.avi and jenova_e.avi (these are installed automatically by R05).

Before posting a bug report, be sure the issue is not already mentioned in The Reunion Database, found here: http://goo.gl/gzjzSP

The best way to use The Reunion (so that you can reinstall) is to install all non-conflicting mods FIRST, starting with clean files. From there, place the correct files (noted in the help file) into a new folder "Backup-Reunion", inside the game root. Each time The Reunion is installed, it will then use those files. If you aren't using any other mods, or your installed mods do not conflict with The Reunion, you may ignore this advice.

Code: [Select]
LATEST CHANGES (R05)
24-Sep-2016

Installer

1. Fixed Names option works correctly with "Barret".
2. Relocalized FMVs have been added to the installer.
3. Model files are no longer sorted at run time.
    This should allow installations to complete on Linux.

Beacause

1. Numerous localization issues corrected. See The Reunion Database.
2. Numerous script corrections. See The Reunion Database.
3. Amended localization in many areas.
4. Chocobo Races - names amended.

Menu Enhancement

1. Quit menus removed. Alt + F4 does the same job.
2. Playstation icons restored for Submarine minigame
3. Playstation icons restored for Steam Fort Condor minigame.
4. Correct colon now blinks in game time text.
5. Playstation icons perfected.

60fps Battles

None.

Weapon

1. Weapon can now be installed on Steam version, provided
    that the game version is 1.0.9.

Model Overhaul

1. Cloud battle model no longer missing a high res boot.
2. Cloud stance/animation improved.
3. Heidegger walk animation fixed.
4. Possibly other animations improved.

See The Reunion Database for further information.

1:35 Soldier Quest

Not released yet.

Other

1. Numerous script fixes.  See The Reunion Database.
2. Steam version minigame frame-rates are fixed.
3. Select + R1/R2 now controls frame-rate.
4. Field and FMVs can be centred in screen, like the PSX version.
5. Game Over can be forced from field and battle.

Still to-do

1. The finalization of Beacause with correct window positioning (for R06).
2. Fix issue with enlarged Steam command preview in menu
3. Finish new submarine minigame.
4. Complete Soldier Quest (for R07).
5. Resume work on main Weapon code.
6. Chocobo Races needs updated chocobo avatars.
7. Naming screen chocobo avatar needs an update.

Additionally, until the breathing animation for models is perfected, I have removed it.

If this version has no major issues, I'll release it as a standalone download. I would very much appreciate it if people helped me seed the current download :)
« Last Edit: 2016-09-24 02:41:36 by DLPB »

luksy

• View Profile
« Reply #2976 on: 2016-09-24 03:45:57 »
Awesome work as always!

Aavock

• View Profile
« Reply #2977 on: 2016-09-24 07:34:40 »
Awesome DLPB! Is it possible to get the values for centered field and FMVs individually (so I can apply it to the french version)?

I've only checked the "Minigame fix and centered screen" option and the AF3DN.P file is fine (only 2 changes) but there's over 10K+ changed values in the ff7_en.exe.

Galm

• View Profile
« Reply #2978 on: 2016-09-24 09:27:30 »
Awesome so far - thanks! :D

I'm getting a crash in Tifa's bar after first meeting up with her.

The pinball machine starts moving down on it's own after I give Tifa the flower. It stays down and Barret steps into thin air - the moment he punches down I get the standard exe stopped working. I wasn't sure if this is related to the "Barret and Marlene disappear too early when descending" which was already reported. If I give Marlene the flower, the machine also moves down but comes straight up again - no crash I move on to next scene.

Uninstalled Reunion just to be sure, no crash happened there (the machine didn't move at all, either.)

No points for Tifa :(
« Last Edit: 2016-09-24 09:35:41 by Galm »

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #2979 on: 2016-09-24 12:23:41 »
That's very weird.  Perhaps different computers can affect the script code differently?  That would be very very annoying. Or...  it could be that I just never gave her the flower :P In fact, that would be the most likely scenario.  Haha - it doesn't matter how much you test, something always gets overlooked.

Edit.  Yeah - REAL oversight there.  I completely restructured this field, see, and I overlooked this branch.  So it tries to execute the pinball script instead - and then code that doesn't even exist.

Awesome DLPB! Is it possible to get the values for centered field and FMVs individually (so I can apply it to the french version)?

I can send you the needed changes in PM later.
« Last Edit: 2016-09-24 12:48:45 by DLPB »

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #2980 on: 2016-09-24 12:49:48 »
Well, turns out that the script it calls was originally to make the flower model jump into Tifa's hand... but in the final game the flower remains invisible (because it was too difficult for the script programmer to make the flower move with the models as they travel about, I assume), so the code isn't even used regardless.  But I didn't delete the line, so it defaulted to pinball machine.  Doh.  That's one for Makou Reactor too - it should warn you when a script doesn't exist instead of defaulting to another script.
« Last Edit: 2016-09-24 13:21:13 by DLPB »

obesebear

• View Profile
« Reply #2981 on: 2016-09-24 15:32:40 »
Oh. Is that what the flower model is for in the char.lgp?  I was just looking through it and wondering where it was used at

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #2982 on: 2016-09-24 19:31:12 »
Indeed. It was abandoned. It ended up being  used to make sure you were talking to wedge from right area. I think I made it used for Biggs.

Ansem

• View Profile
« Reply #2983 on: 2016-09-24 21:49:40 »
Oh. Is that what the flower model is for in the char.lgp?  I was just looking through it and wondering where it was used at

The flower model is used at Gongaga for one of the gravestones. So it wasn't entirely unused even in the vanilla game.

Aavock

• View Profile
« Reply #2984 on: 2016-09-25 04:50:50 »
I can send you the needed changes in PM later.

Great, definitely a must have. Thank you!

Galm

• View Profile
« Reply #2985 on: 2016-09-25 10:52:00 »
Another exe crash (I'm just casually playing through the game).

During Cloud's past and after Sephiroth's flamewalk FMV, the following FMV showing the mountain range fails to play. I have a black screen with music playing and once I press Cancel or OK I get the standard crash. It continues normally without Reunion installed. I also tried a minimal install without any of the optional mods and tweaks, same crash.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #2986 on: 2016-09-25 13:18:06 »
Are you sure the FMV are in the correct place?  Data\Movies ? The path has changed for 1998 version to there.

Galm

• View Profile
« Reply #2987 on: 2016-09-25 13:24:49 »
Using Steam version, so it's all there in the first place. It played fine without Reunion.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #2988 on: 2016-09-25 13:28:32 »
Using Steam version, so it's all there in the first place. It played fine without Reunion.

I'm on it.  Definitely should be no trouble in that part... but who knows.  I am gonna release a quick hot fix today for the field issues anyway - and will release R05b at a later time. So definitely keep me posted on any issues.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #2989 on: 2016-09-25 13:35:40 »
There is nothing wrong with the code that I can see.  I'll play the part in Steam and see what happens.

Edit.

Yeah, there is a problem here and I am not sure what it is. A big oversight nonetheless.

Edit 2. 

Still can't work it out :P  But I will.

edit 3.

This is a bitch.  The code is the same in the original and in mine where it matters.  It gets to the part where it has to jump to another map (which is where the movie is told to play from) - and then boom.  Crash. Everything suggests that it really should crash on both - or neither.

Edit 4.

I've been checking now and then and I've ruled out everything except a problem with touphScript or Makou Reactor :P  Luksy/Myst6re will be ecstatic if I am right. Basically, any jump to blackbg9 is failing on the modified flevel I have.  The code in it is the same so no crash should occur.

I will have something to eat and narrow it down further.  The issue definitely doesn't seem to be down to my code.
« Last Edit: 2016-09-25 16:24:46 by DLPB »

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #2990 on: 2016-09-25 17:46:48 »
If all else fails try using Makou 1.5.1 to export a back-up of that field from an older flevel and then import it into your current one using the same version. I've sometimes had fields become unreadable after making edits.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #2991 on: 2016-09-25 18:37:06 »
Well, this one is definitely the toughest issue I've had to find.  It isn't touphScript.. and it doesn't seem to be Makou either.  It looks to me like something I have changed is having some sort of negative affect at map jump time.  Something the engine doesn't like.  It's bizarre really.  But I'll get to bottom of it.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #2992 on: 2016-09-25 22:05:18 »
OK so after all that - it seems it takes exception to my decapitation models. But only when jumping to another totally unrelated map.  That makes diddly squat sense.. but now I have to work out why it has an issue and fix it.  I bet it's the fact I have a body with no head and when a map is jumped away from models automatically blink again (if model blinks and has no head-eyes, it will crash the engine.).

If that's the case, this is more to do with the shoddy engine enabling blinking (and maybe other functions) when it is not told to.

Edit.  Looks like the only way to fix it is to make sure that my headless man has an invisible head, or the engine will crash on map jumps.  How very strange.

- R05 has been removed.  I'll have R05b tomorrow.  I'm afraid this error and the other are pretty catastrophic :P  I don't think there will be more like those two. I really hope not.  If there are, I'll line up quick hot fixes in future so a full redownload isn't needed.
« Last Edit: 2016-09-25 22:52:23 by DLPB »

Tsuna

• Global moderator
  • Working together to create awesome things!
    • View Profile
    • The home of Tsunamods
« Reply #2993 on: 2016-09-25 22:55:01 »
Hey, is there any chance i can get just the flevel from r05 rather than installing everything? What does the rest do anyway?

Ver Greeneyes

• View Profile
« Reply #2994 on: 2016-09-25 23:05:25 »
I'm afraid this error and the other are pretty catastrophic :P

Considering the amount of coding work that went into this release, I'm not too surprised some issues like this are cropping up. Hopefully this is the last big one!

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #2995 on: 2016-09-25 23:12:45 »
Despite all testing I never allowed it to load the next screen because I never thought a map change (where nothing related has changed) could crash a game. Live and learn.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #2996 on: 2016-09-26 04:21:50 »
Hey, is there any chance i can get just the flevel from r05 rather than installing everything? What does the rest do anyway?

No, since char.lgp also needs changing.  This is why I am releasing R05b.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
Re: [FF7PC-98/Steam] Multiple mods - The Reunion (R05b)
« Reply #2997 on: 2016-09-26 05:53:25 »
The Reunion (R05b)

Download link is on the first post.

Please note that the 'Movies' folder is now in the same location for both the Steam and the 1998 version. If using the 1998 version, make sure that you copy all movies from the disc - or other source - to \data\movies, with the exception of the two newly relocalized videos: ending2.avi and jenova_e.avi (these are installed automatically by R05).

Before posting a bug report, be sure the issue is not already mentioned in The Reunion Database, found here: http://goo.gl/gzjzSP

The best way to use The Reunion (so that you can reinstall) is to install all non-conflicting mods FIRST, starting with clean files. From there, place the correct files (noted in the help file) into a new folder "Backup-Reunion", inside the game root. Each time The Reunion is installed, it will then use those files. If you aren't using any other mods, or your installed mods do not conflict with The Reunion, you may ignore this advice.

Code: [Select]
LATEST CHANGES (R05b)
26-Sep-2016
Script errors at Seventh Heaven and Cloud's Past corrected (R05b).

If this version has no major issues, I'll release it as a standalone download. I would very much appreciate it if people helped me seed the current download :)
« Last Edit: 2016-09-26 05:55:06 by DLPB »

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #2998 on: 2016-09-26 15:27:28 »
Small error at Chocobo Farm. Haha when you get the Chocobo summon materia, the chocobo's walk animation fails and it then seems to skate about.  It's quite funny ;)

Galm

• View Profile
« Reply #2999 on: 2016-09-26 15:47:21 »
I was collecting minor non-catastrophic stuff like the Chocobos during my playthrough so far.

2 other things:

- I know nobody will care about this room, but the advanced tutorial area in Junon: the three ghosts from Midgar look like only their heads, hats or something are even visible (I'm not sure- I don't remember how it should look well enough). Unfortunately I didn't make a screenshot. Perhaps if someone passes by..  :-P

- I had a softlock of sorts in the Shinra Tower prison. I talked to Tifa the moment Aerith is getting up from the bed after opening their cell - Cloud just went nope and started running into the top left corner of the cell endlessly and I couldn't do anything.