Author Topic: PSX Final Fantasy VII hack tool (Like FF8 griver)  (Read 9558 times)

FinalFantasyVIIMM

Can I get some help I got PAL (European) Final Fantasy VII. It has no debug save to download like the american version can. I want to know is there a program out there like Final Fantasy VIII Greiver that edits both PC and PSX! I removed PC version cause it froze no matter what SO is there a save edit tool that works on FFVII PSX!

obesebear

• View Profile
Re: PSX Final Fantasy VII hack tool (Like FF8 griver)
« Reply #1 on: 2007-11-25 23:39:56 »
Check out a program called psxmemtool.  I used it to transfer my saved game from EPSXE so I could continue playing on the PC version.  I'm pretty sure it allows to convert between PAL and NTSC as well.

FinalFantasyVIIMM

« Reply #2 on: 2007-11-26 23:30:46 »
I downloaded PSXMemTool 1.19b and pbdwe60.dll also pbvm60.dll but know it just wom't start up! It loads and loads then just stops like i never click.

P.s can it convert PC to PSX?

obesebear

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2007-11-27 00:04:29 »
http://i221.photobucket.com/albums/dd138/obesebear/pzx.jpg   That is what your folder should look like.  I have no problem running and using the program; if you are using vista or an OS other than Windows XP that could possibly be the problem.

Yes it will convert PC to PSX and vice versa, and can also change region codes.

FinalFantasyVIIMM

« Reply #4 on: 2007-11-28 03:37:48 »
Thanks it's working now. and by the way I use XP. But how do I turn a PC save into a PSX save?

obesebear

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2007-11-28 14:46:15 »
Once you've opened up your PC save file right click on the save you want to convert.  Click on save as.  From here it depends on what type of emulator you're using (I use EPSXE) so I name it "epsxe001" and save it as ".mcr"
Move your new file into the memcards folder of the emulator and you're ready to go.

From there it's as simple as running the emulator and loading from slot 2.

VanishedOne

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2007-11-29 09:42:01 »
Alternatively use a cheat program like CEP with the emulator to enter the debug room with the usual Gameshark codes. (EDIT: No, it doesn't fully address the original question, but there was a reference to debug saves so I assumed there was interest in using the debug room.)
« Last Edit: 2007-11-29 09:44:01 by VanishedOne »