Author Topic: [FF7PC] Red Werewolf  (Read 210700 times)

LeonhartGR

• ~Whatever...~ Enjoy life!
    • View Profile
    • LeonhartGR Productions
Re: [WIP] Red XIII werewolf mod
« Reply #125 on: 2014-07-09 13:49:15 »
Awesome! Just like with the new RedXIII model!

WolfMan

• One whos possessed by nothing possesses evrything
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: 2014-07-09 13:50:51 »
With this kind of technology making in game models has endless possibilities.
« Last Edit: 2014-07-09 18:09:15 by WolfMan »

WolfMan

• View Profile
« Reply #127 on: 2014-07-10 13:34:53 »
I'm getting ready to cut him into parts. Should I cut him like a toy? For example should the mane on his head be a separate item from the mane on his back

cmh175

• View Profile
    • Chris Hendrickson's Artstation
« Reply #128 on: 2014-07-10 15:04:22 »
No, try to cut him as closely as the original as you can. All the hair should be connected to the top of the head (otherwise it'll connect to the neck, not good), and the head needs to be cut at the jaw so the mouth can open (most attacks are with teeth). You need to have transitional area between each piece, meaning that they interconnect and end in rounded numbs basically. That way when each piece moves there aren't any holes. Your model will end up as closely to the original as possible for now, than the animations can be edited so he's standing up.

~oops not all hair, the braids going down the front are separate pieces (each one is actually three). You can just import one though and mirror it onto the other side since they're the same.

WolfMan

• View Profile
« Reply #129 on: 2014-07-10 15:19:26 »
No, try to cut him as closely as the original as you can. All the hair should be connected to the top of the head (otherwise it'll connect to the neck, not good), and the head needs to be cut at the jaw so the mouth can open (most attacks are with teeth). You need to have transitional area between each piece, meaning that they interconnect and end in rounded numbs basically. That way when each piece moves there aren't any holes. Your model will end up as closely to the original as possible for now, than the animations can be edited so he's standing up.

~oops not all hair, the braids going down the front are separate pieces (each one is actually three). You can just import one though and mirror it onto the other side since they're the same.

Got it

WolfMan

• View Profile
« Reply #130 on: 2014-07-11 20:45:29 »
OK:: Summary report and looking for any pointers for next steps.
Model is down to 60k polygons. Parts and accessories are all split:
Head, Neck, Lower Jaw, Hands, Forearms, Upper arm, Chest, Torso, Tail, Thighs, Shens, ankles and feet.
Textures are done, holes are filed(which by the way click fill holes in zBrush and all done).
I feel like I am ready for kimera. Or do I need to do something with the textures? I have read cmh's wonderful tutorial but I used zBrush instead of blender and don't know if I'm ready for kimera or not.

cmh175

• View Profile
« Reply #131 on: 2014-07-11 20:53:15 »
If the model's cut, holes are filled, and you have your textures ready than it's time for kimera. Have you compared pieces to the original model? Sometimes you do have to recut parts while importing but comparing your pieces to the original greatly helps. If it looks good than you're all set.

To get started I suggest starting with the core of the body, chest and lower chest pieces. From there you can do the neck and than head pieces. Legs and feet are good next, and finishing with the tail. That's how I did Red XIII and generally most imports. You can resize some bones as necessary but try to fit the original body as much as possible, and maintain your models proportions.
« Last Edit: 2014-07-11 20:55:20 by cmh175 »

WolfMan

• View Profile
« Reply #132 on: 2014-07-11 21:31:44 »
I still need to convert the texture file with img2text right? Before i go to kimera

cmh175

• View Profile
« Reply #133 on: 2014-07-11 22:28:05 »
Yup, it'll need to be a 24bit bmp with all transparent area black (0,0,0)

WolfMan

• View Profile
« Reply #134 on: 2014-07-12 16:00:57 »
Teeth were a pain. lol

WolfMan

• View Profile
« Reply #135 on: 2014-07-14 03:33:07 »
Omg guys. I cannot get kimera to load. I get an error saying that one of the dlls are not initialized. I tried installing them manually but no luck. This is really frustrating. Is there an installer maybe or something?

WolfMan

• View Profile
« Reply #136 on: 2014-07-14 13:06:00 »
If I can ever figure out how to get kimera to load here are the animations I want to use. These are sweet!!

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=LdXCgGFBkj8

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: 2014-07-14 14:11:18 »
I'm trying to remember how I got Kimera working. I don't know if these are necessary, but I remember installing all the dependencies for Visual Basic 6 on top of the .dll files that Kimera reports as being missing. Maybe that's part of it?

WolfMan

• View Profile
« Reply #138 on: 2014-07-14 14:15:25 »
Ok. I put the two dll files in the system32 folder and tried to install them in command line but they failed. Very frustrating.

cmh175

• View Profile
« Reply #139 on: 2014-07-14 14:39:11 »
I forget exactly too. I had to google how to install them. This has also been thoroughly discussed on the kimera thread so you can find more info there. I may have even written out directions on how to do this. What error are you getting?

The animations look cool. With some work you can pretty much do what ever you like.

WolfMan

• View Profile
« Reply #140 on: 2014-07-14 15:00:21 »
I'll head over to the gigantic kimera board. Lol.

cmh175

• View Profile
« Reply #141 on: 2014-07-14 15:01:58 »
If you try searching the forum for the dll's you need to install you'll probably find it.

WolfMan

• View Profile
« Reply #142 on: 2014-07-14 17:08:39 »
K. Thanks guys

WolfMan

• View Profile
« Reply #143 on: 2014-07-15 03:31:28 »
Omg I fixed it. Yay!!!!!

WolfMan

• View Profile
« Reply #144 on: 2014-07-15 16:09:21 »
I posted this in troubleshooting but didn't get a response and was wondering if maybe I'd have more luck here.

I'm really sorry for reopening this ugly wound of a post. Lol. I have selected options>Battle Model and Textures. Then I went to file open and selected Head.3ds. It loaded in white. Then I selected the middle drop down menu and clicked on head-0. The head turned red. I finally click on File and "open bitmap" is greyed out and not selectable. I am really wanting to get this ball rolling. Hopefully I used good enough grammar for some help. Lol. JK but really, you guys don't pull any punches around here.

obesebear

• View Profile
« Reply #145 on: 2014-07-15 16:39:50 »
You also have to set how many textures the model will be using. Its in pcreator somewhere

WolfMan

• View Profile
« Reply #146 on: 2014-07-15 17:10:45 »
When I exported him out of meshlab there was 2 checkboxes checked. One was textures and I cannot recall the other. Should they have been turned off?

Sonicmfc

• View Profile
« Reply #147 on: 2014-07-15 19:26:23 »
The exact same thing happened to me I think it's when the part has too many polys/triss because for example when I had a subsurfed model set to 3 the triss count came up at like 17000 so the option was greyed out in Pcreator but when I reduced the subsurf to 2 the triss count came down to around 7000 and that seemed to work. I find the limit being between 7000 and 8000 before it allows me to open the bitmap file. In blender I also used the decimate modifier if the model only needed a small reduction in polygons. There's probably a better explanation but I'm just speaking from my personal experience with he tool.

WolfMan

• View Profile
« Reply #148 on: 2014-07-15 21:12:37 »
I appreciate the info Sonic. But if you look closer at the image, it has the polys listed and there is only 7,328. :(

cmh175

• View Profile
« Reply #149 on: 2014-07-16 00:17:21 »
Have you tried opening the part in another 3d application? Check the 3ds file in blender, does it still have the uv mapping? If the uv mapping gets corrupt than you wont be able to add textures in pcreator. I had that issue with my Red XIII. Grimmy suggested it was probably because of how big the diffuse texture was, and how small the part was. Try converting the piece again, if it still does it try cropping the texture so it just has enough for the part and try again. This is what I did with the tip of the tail on my Red XIII model.

Luckily this problem doesn't happen often. If the uv mapping is ok you can just import the piece directly to kimera. It'll probably look black though, so you'll need to adjust the brightness until it matches the other pieces (usually just solid white).
« Last Edit: 2014-07-16 00:19:43 by cmh175 »